Awoo.

Eight Legged Freaks

Cortez

Arrow, the top one was what I saw in the first post. When I lived in Wales we used to get LOADS of them. Why did you post pictures the pictures in IMG tags though? I wish you would have just linked to them, you scared the shit out of me XD

*arsehole* >:3

Am I the only person here who thinks Spiders are cute?

:mellow:

yeah, no comment...

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

I use a good 'ol can of pesticide at close range to kill the bastards.

God, spiders are simply horrid. You have no clue where they could ever be ever. What's that? They're in the hallway? Nooo, coulden't be- OH GOD IT JUMPED ON ME.

Or "Oh look THEY MADE A COLONY IN THE BATHTUB."

Even "FUCK IT'S IN THE KNIFE DRAWER HOW WILL I KILL IT NOW."

I use knives to kill then if we have no pesticide. Makes sure they stay dead better than the heel of a boot, they continue to MOVE after being squished. *shudder*

Edited by Nathan Speed

I am not joking, right now, just as I was reading this thread, a spider just came out of my keyboard, in some small tiny crack, and I tried to kill it, but it is a FAST mother fucker. It got away... It was black... And bulgy...

I'm scared...

Edited by Dusk Golem

I don't have anything against spiders. If they don't hurt me, I won't hurt them. They do creep me out though, I don't like their legs, especially when they die and they curl up.

The big ones we get in this country are reeeally fast though, I need like, a sniper rifle esque thing designed to take out spiders xD.

I've been through some gun training in Sunset Hill P.A., I'll take them on >: D

Why is their mission in life is to get in your hair??? Ugh. Horrible drunken things.

PapaLonglegs.jpg

:mellow:....The hair? They want your hair? What? Why D8?

Edit: Crane Flies are also called "Daddy Big Legs" XP

Am I the only person here who thinks Spiders are cute?

I like tarantulas :3 Edited by Jetronic

I was sitting on the floor in my underwear yesterday playing Smash Bros.... I felt a tickle sensation on my leg...

I went to look down and there was a small nasty looking black spider crawling up my .. lolly bag >.>

Flick goes the spider and fling goes my gamecube controller..

I usually trap 'em in the paper / cup technique, but he looked dangerous, so I squished him..

repeatedly.

Flick goes the spider and fling goes my gamecube controller...

Sometimes, when a fly buzzes around my face, I accidentally swat my glasses off. :P
  • Thumbs Up 1

I haaate spiders >.< I'm terrified of them. I check my bed and room every night before I go to bed in case there's a spider, because I've found one in my bed on several occasions. I hate it when I find one in my room, try to catch it and they run off, if this happens, I won't sleep in my room until I find it. XD

These, Cellar Spiders, I usually kill, because they are a pain to catch. They are always in the top corners of the room and if you knock them down they disappear because of their colouring and fragility. So, fuck it, I just grab them in a tissue. We get tonnes of these in our bathrooms. They piss me off.

pholcus_rovner.jpg

Ahh, we've had one of them in the corner of our bathroom for months! It's right above our toilet, the whole time I use it I worry it might drop on me, but since it's been there so long without moving, I can't be arsed to get my mum to move it.

• 9 months later...

Saw a decent sized one the other day, the thing crawled from under my bed, and it's messy under there.

I don't feel like checking for more either. Hate those things, small ones I can manage but when a big one comes along I turn into a bitch.

"Broooo- BROOOO! Hurry up and kill it I'm dyin' over here!" D:

Whenever I see a spider I throw a book at them and run out of the room. Even if they are really small ones.

I remember in 6th grade we were at this museum or something and they had this spider and they were passing it around so we could hold it and I was the only one not to hold it..

This next part is a bit gross, I think. It made me more scared of spiders, so just a warning..

The worst thing was that when I was starting to get over my fear of spiders I saw this news story about a boy. A spider planted eggs in his ear!! That just creeped me out even more! And I was already afraid of something like that or a spider going in my mouth while I'm asleep..

Edited by MarcelloF

Spiders and other bugs get into our mouths when we're sleeping quite often. Think of them as a midnight snack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just found this:

link

In contrast, each year the average person will "eat" several insects while they are sleeping. During the average lifetime, a person consumes about seventy insects and ten spiders during their sleep. According to some sources, beetles have a taste that is similar to apples while wasps taste like pine nuts.

Fork.

I got nothing against spiders. So long as they don’t invade my personal space, they are cool with me. I tend to let them keep their webs, as long as they stick to the discrete nether regions of the room(s). Spiders do a lot of good by eliminating the smaller pests that I force myself to kill on sight.

If I see a mosquito, you can bet I will vault the couch to deliver a death blow. Spiders often save me that trouble. If I spider gets too close for comfort, or decides to build a web over my head, then I’ll bust out the cologne flamethrower as a lesson for the rest of the little guys, but aside from that, I let them live. (except for the daddy long legs. They die on sight too).

I don't have arachnophobia, and I really don't mind spiders. So long as they keep to themselves. I saw a Black Widow the other day just hanging out in one of our gutters like right next to the door to the trash cans and I just let it be. It didn't attack me... but of course my Dad saw it too and killed it xD

So yeah, spiders really don't bother me, my family keeps them around to kill all the little nuisances that pop up around the house. ROACHES ON THE OTHER HAND ARE UNACCEPTABLE AND I KILL THOSE BUGGERS WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE!! >:U

red-kneed-tarantula.jpg

Hello, friends! What seems to be the current discussion of this topi-Oh. Oh Dear. I'm sorry, I appear to be causing some anxiety in the forum goers. I will return to my life of terrorizing small animals and hiding in bananas. I did not mean to cause offense.

(I am a terrible person.)

Edited by Hero Of Fate
  • Thumbs Up 2

red-kneed-tarantula.jpg

Hello, friends! What seems to be the current discussion of this topi-Oh. Oh Dear. I'm sorry, I appear to be causing some anxiety in the forum goers. I will return to my life of terrorizing small animals and hiding in bananas. I did not mean to cause offense.

(I am a terrible person.)

D'awwww~! That's cuter than a button!

Seriously guys. Spiders are cool. They generally sit there and eat pests. As long as you don't piss them off and stay cool they're fine. So yeah.

I'll admit that grabbing a dangling spider's web and swinging it around is pretty funny. XDD

Edited by Funeral Raven

Hey an old topic! Like I said, I like to have them around. I saw one of those small see through spiders on my wall the other day and let him go. Since summer started there have been a couple flies taking up residence here, and maybe my friend the spider can help me out.

Besides, they don't creep me out nearly as much as some other bugs. Large roaches and these guys especially.

I’ll bust out the cologne flamethrower as a lesson for the rest of the little guys, but aside from that, I let them live.

Ha ha ha, awesome. I used to do this to my roaches too. Axe body spray and a lighter is deadly. And it smells pretty good too.

Spiders are perhaps the most foul, disturbing and ugly creatures ever to walk this Earth, as such I despise the bastards and look forward to the day I will be able to completely obliterate a big mofo of a spider, with either a falling Piano and/or Explosives.

The only redeeming feature any of them have is that some of them have very nice colours and colour coordination (like the spider Hero Of Fate showed), but despite that I'm sure those colours would look much better when partnered with their own brains and/or blood.

...In my opinion.

Edited by ENVY16

I actually just killed a Black Widow like literally 5 minutes ago.. pic anyone? Totally hypocritical to what I just said but this one was freakin' huge and deadly...

BW.jpg

It took forever to die xD

Spiders are the most badass motherfuckers of the animal kingdom. You know what happens if you put 200 spiders in a small room for 2 days? 1 survives.

I am seriously considering a tarantula for a pet. They are totally bitching and I'm also told they're low maintenance. And they're less likely to kill you than a cat! (Cats are awesome too, by the way.)

Spiders are the most badass motherfuckers of the animal kingdom. You know what happens if you put 200 spiders in a small room for 2 days? 1 survives.

I am seriously considering a tarantula for a pet. They are totally bitching and I'm also told they're low maintenance. And they're less likely to kill you than a cat! (Cats are awesome too, by the way.)

That little tid0bit about spiders you just included is pretty bad-a!

As for the pet tarantula thing.... uh really dunno if I would do that.. I mean they look pretty vicious... buuuut they can kill a ton of bugs so that's a plus!