Awoo.

Dumb topic about Amy's hairband

MetalSkulkBane

I'm probably only person that cares, but recently it's been rubbing sleep out of my eyes.

Compare Amy's hairband in 2D and 3D.  I've been recently wondering if Amy should wear headband behind or front of her ears and after comparing some pictures I concluded that it's barely visible in 3D, but just fine in most 2D. What's going on?

My best theory is that that 2D art cheats and "flattens" her ears when Amy is facing camera, allowing for hairband to be slightly further. 3D can't replicate that effect.

I think it would be neat if Amy could take her hairband off and use it like boomrang. That it functions as both a hair piece and weapon. 

I clicked this thread knowing exactly what the the title referred to, but despite that, my mind went somewhere else and now I just want to see Amy fronting an '80s hair band in the absolute worst way.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, KingScoopaKoopa said:

I clicked this thread knowing exactly what the the title referred to, but despite that, my mind went somewhere else and now I just want to see Amy fronting an '80s hair band in the absolute worst way.

Here you go: 

90A48783-7F0A-4978-8E2F-F9683F90C48B.thumb.jpeg.0230342b0876d6fdbb6ee92e4df05524.jpeg

• My Emmerdoods 1

Why do you think Amy has been feat in so many Sonic games since CD? Does she has a huge fanbase? 

2 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Why do you think Amy has been feat in so many Sonic games since CD? Does she has a huge fanbase? 

She was the one girl character in the games and so they felt affirmative action was in order. 

28 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

She was the one girl character in the games and so they felt affirmative action was in order. 

Now that Rogue and Blaze are characters, why do you think they still feel compelled to feature her? 

15 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Now that Rogue and Blaze are characters, why do you think they still feel compelled to feature her? 

Because she's a Classic.

3 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Because she's a Classic.

How has the fandom by in large responded to her evolution from Sonic’s shadow and stalker to self made warrior woman?  

What a shock, no one talks about the hairband 😜

Oh well. Personally I see Amy as seriously undeveloped concept during 90s (comparing to main trio). Her design was just pink Sonic in dress, no special skills, etc. But she was only important female so stuck around and now Sega desperately tries to make her work, New design and hammer are somewhat improvement, but honestly doesn't work greatly with Sonic platforming.

I still like Amy but only when she's written by good writer, not as concept. She doesn't offer much, other than being main female ship material. That's why I feel like her love for Sonic must be preserved as her most unique trait. I know it was done badly in the past, but that's no reason to remove it, just write better. Otherwise she becomes even blander.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2020 at 12:59 PM, Shadow Chaos Control said:

I think it would be neat if Amy could take her hairband off and use it like boomrang. That it functions as both a hair piece and weapon. 

Yeah I agree, That would be pretty cool.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ReeseBear49 said:

Now if we can just get SEGA’s attention. :) 

2 hours ago, ReeseBear49 said:

Now if we can just get SEGA’s attention. :)