Jump to content
Awoo.

Sonic’s Origins


Shadow Chaos Control
 Share

Recommended Posts

6FC56C46-AC74-423E-A45E-975A7548A968.png.10b67a92aefce4b170a4fd9233097cce.png

I came across this in research into Somic’s origins and I fond it fascinating! 

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/21/17149990/sonic-the-hedgehog-history-gdc-naoto-oshima-hirokazu-yasuhara

i love that it was a pilot whose hairs became like hedgehog spines and had love for speed that served as an inspirationfor Somic and that his wife wrote books about him and had a hedgehog in his place! 

The SEGA survey of people and what they’d like to see as a character, hedgehog, old man with mustache (who became Robotnik) or dog was neat! Sonic really is the choice of the people! 

I am sure this may be old news to many, but it excited me. :) 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I forget witch sonic comic it was but it says his origins just like Amy’s their used to be brown like regular hedgehog then sonic became friends with robotnik before he was evil and try to get rid of these evil orb things so he did this speed test on sonic that made him blue and fast and then they got the evil orbs and the good dr robotnik was holding a egg then fell in to the evil orb and became evil

  • Promotion 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

I forget witch sonic comic it was but it says his origins just like Amy’s their used to be brown like regular hedgehog then sonic became friends with robotnik before he was evil and try to get rid of these evil orb things so he did this speed test on sonic that made him blue and fast and then they got the evil orbs and the good dr robotnik was holding a egg then fell in to the evil orb and became evil

I has never heard of the orgins story. The idea of Sonic and Eggman being allies before enemies is an intriguing idea. Sounds like the beginning of some of greatest feuds and fall outs.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Nathan said:

I forget witch sonic comic it was but it says his origins just like Amy’s their used to be brown like regular hedgehog then sonic became friends with robotnik before he was evil and try to get rid of these evil orb things so he did this speed test on sonic that made him blue and fast and then they got the evil orbs and the good dr robotnik was holding a egg then fell in to the evil orb and became evil

 

4 hours ago, Nathan said:

I think it was the same comic series with tails becomes cool

They were only came out  in  Europe and has some reall bonker story’s 

3EB6BAB8-37F0-4A14-AD91-B3B58C38725D.jpeg

 

4 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

I had some copies of those Euro Sonic Comics and they were bizarro. 

They introduced Evil Super Sonic: 

3E3396DF-AFDE-4B35-820B-7C1E4F4B8AC9.jpeg.e8934d4575fd65e6dd9d40fc58750401.jpeg

 

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

Was this the comic we’re sonic dreamed he was a human called Eric 

Yes, you're all thinking of Sonic the Comic.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nathan said:

There a dimensions not know to man on the 5 dimension the twilight zone 

Rotor or Tails: We are now entering thevTwilight Zone... :D 

6 hours ago, Nathan said:

There a dimensions not know to man on the 5 dimension the twilight zone 

Rotor or Tails: We are now entering thevTwilight Zone... :D 

  • Chuckle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/23/2020 at 9:15 PM, Nathan said:

I forget witch sonic comic it was but it says his origins just like Amy’s their used to be brown like regular hedgehog then sonic became friends with robotnik before he was evil and try to get rid of these evil orb things so he did this speed test on sonic that made him blue and fast and then they got the evil orbs and the good dr robotnik was holding a egg then fell in to the evil orb and became evil

Its the Kintobor origin, it was from an American promo comic and became the basis for various UK books and comics https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Stay_Sonic the "evil orbs" were the chaos emerald being used to absorb all the evil of the world.

On 10/24/2020 at 1:52 AM, Nathan said:

Was this the comic we’re sonic dreamed he was a human called Eric 

Erin from the scientific name of the european hedgehogs Erinaceus Europaeus.

It was the last of the comics early one off stories before things switched to having an ongoing story.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Its the Kintobor origin, it was from an American promo comic and became the basis for various UK books and comics https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Stay_Sonic the "evil orbs" were the chaos emerald being used to absorb all the evil of the world.

Erin from the scientific name of the european hedgehogs Erinaceus Europaeus.

It was the last of the comics early one off stories before things switched to having an ongoing story.

Interesting idea about the Chaos Emeralds absorbing all the evil. Perhaps that’s why they are called chaos emeralds? They absorb chaos. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/27/2020 at 9:09 PM, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Interesting idea about the Chaos Emeralds absorbing all the evil. Perhaps that’s why they are called chaos emeralds? They absorb chaos. 

That was the original idea - the Sonic the Comic (StC) stories were based off of the (now non-canon) Western Sega of America localised backstory for Sonic, where a kindly human scientist called Dr Ovi Kintobor creates a machine to absorb all of the evil on the planet Mobius into special six gems - the Chaos Emeralds - with the aim of then finding the seventh emerald to destroy the evil for good. Unfortunately, before the evil can be neutralised, the good doctor has an accident and the machine is destroyed, with the evil in the emeralds changing and warping him into his exact opposite - Dr Ivo Robotnik.

While it sounds odd to us now (as the current storyline abandoned this old western backstory for the original Japanese version), back at the time StC was actually sticking extremely closely to the actual game lore of that period in the West.

This incidentally is why StC portrayed Super Sonic as evil - as the Chaos Emeralds were supposed to be filled with evil energy, the logical extrapolation was that if Sonic used their power, then Super Sonic would be evil too. As back then only Sonics 1 and 2 had been released, there was precious little to go on in the games regarding Super Sonic's exact nature, but StC made an effort to work with what lore they'd been given in a logical fashion.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/29/2020 at 6:21 PM, Nestor said:

That was the original idea - the Sonic the Comic (StC) stories were based off of the (now non-canon) Western Sega of America localised backstory for Sonic, where a kindly human scientist called Dr Ovi Kintobor creates a machine to absorb all of the evil on the planet Mobius into special six gems - the Chaos Emeralds - with the aim of then finding the seventh emerald to destroy the evil for good. Unfortunately, before the evil can be neutralised, the good doctor has an accident and the machine is destroyed, with the evil in the emeralds changing and warping him into his exact opposite - Dr Ivo Robotnik.

While it sounds odd to us now (as the current storyline abandoned this old western backstory for the original Japanese version), back at the time StC was actually sticking extremely closely to the actual game lore of that period in the West.

This incidentally is why StC portrayed Super Sonic as evil - as the Chaos Emeralds were supposed to be filled with evil energy, the logical extrapolation was that if Sonic used their power, then Super Sonic would be evil too. As back then only Sonics 1 and 2 had been released, there was precious little to go on in the games regarding Super Sonic's exact nature, but StC made an effort to work with what lore they'd been given in a logical fashion.

I actually like this origin story of Robotnik. We have to remeber these are stories for kids and teens and you don’t need Nolanesque exposition. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.