Awoo.

Sonic’s Origins

Shadow Chaos Control

6FC56C46-AC74-423E-A45E-975A7548A968.png.10b67a92aefce4b170a4fd9233097cce.png

I came across this in research into Somic’s origins and I fond it fascinating! 

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/21/17149990/sonic-the-hedgehog-history-gdc-naoto-oshima-hirokazu-yasuhara

i love that it was a pilot whose hairs became like hedgehog spines and had love for speed that served as an inspirationfor Somic and that his wife wrote books about him and had a hedgehog in his place! 

The SEGA survey of people and what they’d like to see as a character, hedgehog, old man with mustache (who became Robotnik) or dog was neat! Sonic really is the choice of the people! 

I am sure this may be old news to many, but it excited me. :) 

I forget witch sonic comic it was but it says his origins just like Amy’s their used to be brown like regular hedgehog then sonic became friends with robotnik before he was evil and try to get rid of these evil orb things so he did this speed test on sonic that made him blue and fast and then they got the evil orbs and the good dr robotnik was holding a egg then fell in to the evil orb and became evil

• Promotion 1

2 hours ago, Nathan said:

I forget witch sonic comic it was but it says his origins just like Amy’s their used to be brown like regular hedgehog then sonic became friends with robotnik before he was evil and try to get rid of these evil orb things so he did this speed test on sonic that made him blue and fast and then they got the evil orbs and the good dr robotnik was holding a egg then fell in to the evil orb and became evil

I has never heard of the orgins story. The idea of Sonic and Eggman being allies before enemies is an intriguing idea. Sounds like the beginning of some of greatest feuds and fall outs.  

I think it was the same comic series with tails becomes cool

They were only came out  in  Europe and has some reall bonker story’s 

3EB6BAB8-37F0-4A14-AD91-B3B58C38725D.jpeg

• Chuckle 1

3 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Hmmm.. Tails is cool. ;) 

• Nice Smile 1

I had some copies of those Euro Sonic Comics and they were bizarro. 

They introduced Evil Super Sonic: 

3E3396DF-AFDE-4B35-820B-7C1E4F4B8AC9.jpeg.e8934d4575fd65e6dd9d40fc58750401.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Super sonic was a devil in that comic

Indeed, he began in the UK/EU Comics and then Archie had him appear: 

FB17F7EB-E8E2-4709-9BC7-FFFAB307AE4D.jpeg.5f12a50f91e0ac267481637e263b0e2b.jpeg

• Too Many Rings 1

5 minutes ago, Nathan said:

Was this the comic we’re sonic dreamed he was a human called Eric 

Not that I recall. 

7 hours ago, Nathan said:

4 hours ago, Nathan said:

They were only came out  in  Europe and has some reall bonker story’s 

3EB6BAB8-37F0-4A14-AD91-B3B58C38725D.jpeg

4 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

I had some copies of those Euro Sonic Comics and they were bizarro. 

They introduced Evil Super Sonic: 

3E3396DF-AFDE-4B35-820B-7C1E4F4B8AC9.jpeg.e8934d4575fd65e6dd9d40fc58750401.jpeg

3 hours ago, Nathan said:

Yes, you're all thinking of Sonic the Comic.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Yes, you're all thinking of Sonic the Comic.

Its like the Twilight Zone of Sonic Comics huh? 

• Chuckle 1

6 hours ago, Nathan said:

There a dimensions not know to man on the 5 dimension the twilight zone 

Rotor or Tails: We are now entering thevTwilight Zone... :D 

6 hours ago, Nathan said:

There a dimensions not know to man on the 5 dimension the twilight zone 

Rotor or Tails: We are now entering thevTwilight Zone... :D 

• Chuckle 1

On 10/23/2020 at 9:15 PM, Nathan said:

Its the Kintobor origin, it was from an American promo comic and became the basis for various UK books and comics https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Stay_Sonic the "evil orbs" were the chaos emerald being used to absorb all the evil of the world.

On 10/24/2020 at 1:52 AM, Nathan said:

Erin from the scientific name of the european hedgehogs Erinaceus Europaeus.

It was the last of the comics early one off stories before things switched to having an ongoing story.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Rabid-Coot said:

Its the Kintobor origin, it was from an American promo comic and became the basis for various UK books and comics https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/Stay_Sonic the "evil orbs" were the chaos emerald being used to absorb all the evil of the world.

Erin from the scientific name of the european hedgehogs Erinaceus Europaeus.

It was the last of the comics early one off stories before things switched to having an ongoing story.

Interesting idea about the Chaos Emeralds absorbing all the evil. Perhaps that’s why they are called chaos emeralds? They absorb chaos. 

On 10/27/2020 at 9:09 PM, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Interesting idea about the Chaos Emeralds absorbing all the evil. Perhaps that’s why they are called chaos emeralds? They absorb chaos. 

That was the original idea - the Sonic the Comic (StC) stories were based off of the (now non-canon) Western Sega of America localised backstory for Sonic, where a kindly human scientist called Dr Ovi Kintobor creates a machine to absorb all of the evil on the planet Mobius into special six gems - the Chaos Emeralds - with the aim of then finding the seventh emerald to destroy the evil for good. Unfortunately, before the evil can be neutralised, the good doctor has an accident and the machine is destroyed, with the evil in the emeralds changing and warping him into his exact opposite - Dr Ivo Robotnik.

While it sounds odd to us now (as the current storyline abandoned this old western backstory for the original Japanese version), back at the time StC was actually sticking extremely closely to the actual game lore of that period in the West.

This incidentally is why StC portrayed Super Sonic as evil - as the Chaos Emeralds were supposed to be filled with evil energy, the logical extrapolation was that if Sonic used their power, then Super Sonic would be evil too. As back then only Sonics 1 and 2 had been released, there was precious little to go on in the games regarding Super Sonic's exact nature, but StC made an effort to work with what lore they'd been given in a logical fashion.

• Thumbs Up 2

Something tells me if Sonic got an official backstory in the games, it would be something like his origins in the live action movie.

On 10/29/2020 at 6:21 PM, Nestor said:

That was the original idea - the Sonic the Comic (StC) stories were based off of the (now non-canon) Western Sega of America localised backstory for Sonic, where a kindly human scientist called Dr Ovi Kintobor creates a machine to absorb all of the evil on the planet Mobius into special six gems - the Chaos Emeralds - with the aim of then finding the seventh emerald to destroy the evil for good. Unfortunately, before the evil can be neutralised, the good doctor has an accident and the machine is destroyed, with the evil in the emeralds changing and warping him into his exact opposite - Dr Ivo Robotnik.

While it sounds odd to us now (as the current storyline abandoned this old western backstory for the original Japanese version), back at the time StC was actually sticking extremely closely to the actual game lore of that period in the West.

This incidentally is why StC portrayed Super Sonic as evil - as the Chaos Emeralds were supposed to be filled with evil energy, the logical extrapolation was that if Sonic used their power, then Super Sonic would be evil too. As back then only Sonics 1 and 2 had been released, there was precious little to go on in the games regarding Super Sonic's exact nature, but StC made an effort to work with what lore they'd been given in a logical fashion.

I actually like this origin story of Robotnik. We have to remeber these are stories for kids and teens and you don’t need Nolanesque exposition.