Awoo.

Question about Maria

EmTiven01

17 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

Aside from being Team Dark's equivalent of Tails, (much like Hope Kintobor from pre-reboot Archie Sonic) she would be a White Mage-type character. Think healers from Final Fantasy like Aerith, Rinoa, Garnet and Yuna.

Maria would also be deeply disturbed by Omega's lust for violence.

That would be a great idea. Plus it would be nice to have a major human character that’s not evil. Plus in addition to her interactions with Shadow, you gotta wonder how she’s internet with the GUN commander.

10 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

That would be a great idea. Plus it would be nice to have a major human character that’s not evil. Plus in addition to her interactions with Shadow, you gotta wonder how she’s internet with the GUN commander.

Hell, would she even join GUN?

2 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

Hell, would she even join GUN?

Well Shadow managed to join them even after everything they’ve done, so Maria joining them wouldn’t be out of the question since she looks like one of the forgiving types.

1 hour ago, Johnny Boy said:

Well Shadow managed to join them even after everything they’ve done, so Maria joining them wouldn’t be out of the question since she looks like one of the forgiving types.

How do you think Maria would be treated by characters other than Shadow?

5 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

How do you think Maria would be treated by characters other than Shadow?

Rouge would probably act as a cool Big sister to Maria. 

Omega would undoubtedly be hostile towards her at first due to being Eggmans cousin. But he will eventually warm up to Maria.

Sonic and the rest of the gang would probably be cool with her, especially Amy who could also act as a sister like figure towards her. Though she and Knuckles would probably see Rouge as a bad influence on Maria (especially the latter due to Rouge constantly trying to steal the Master Emerald). 

Now if Infinite ever comes back, here’s where things get interesting. He’d undoubtedly learn about Maria’s past and her connection to Shadow and thus will purposely target her in battle to screw with Shadow. I can especially see Infinite trapping them in an illusion making them relive that fateful day on the ark just to set off some serious triggers that the two most likely still have.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

20 hours ago, Johnny Boy said:

Rouge would probably act as a cool Big sister to Maria. 

Omega would undoubtedly be hostile towards her at first due to being Eggmans cousin. But he will eventually warm up to Maria.

Sonic and the rest of the gang would probably be cool with her, especially Amy who could also act as a sister like figure towards her. Though she and Knuckles would probably see Rouge as a bad influence on Maria (especially the latter due to Rouge constantly trying to steal the Master Emerald). 

Now if Infinite ever comes back, here’s where things get interesting. He’d undoubtedly learn about Maria’s past and her connection to Shadow and thus will purposely target her in battle to screw with Shadow. I can especially see Infinite trapping them in an illusion making them relive that fateful day on the ark just to set off some serious triggers that the two most likely still have.

I agree with most of what you said. Though I get the feeling Omega wouldn't be very fond of Maria being a pacifist. Likewise, Knuckles would also be wary of her initially due to her relation with Eggman.

Unfortunately, the fact that Maria is Eggman's cousin would result in her being ostracized by a good number of people in Sonic's world. It would be especially bad if this is after the events of Sonic Forces.

Expect things like this to happen to her a lot:

4 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

I agree with most of what you said. Though I get the feeling Omega wouldn't be very fond of Maria being a pacifist. Likewise, Knuckles would also be wary of her initially due to her relation with Eggman.

In general, the fact that Maria is Eggman's cousin would result in her being ostracized by a good number of people in Sonic's world. And it would be especially bad if this is after the events of Sonic Forces.

Expect a lot of things like this to happen to her:

That would be a great source of drama. And that would be the source of a great deal of insecurity for Maria since her death (or the death of the original Maria if we’re going with the clone route as some have suggested) was the catalyst for Gerald going insane and also indirectly turning Eggman into the tyrant he is today.

55 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

That would be a great source of drama. And that would be the source of a great deal of insecurity for Maria since her death (or the death of the original Maria if we’re going with the clone route as some have suggested) was the catalyst for Gerald going insane and also indirectly turning Eggman into the tyrant he is today.

From our perspective, Maria might as well be related to Hitler.

As for Maria getting attacked by an angry mob, Team Sonic would be defending her and trying to calm the mob down, while Team Dark would be trying with all their might to prevent Shadow from slaughtering the mob in a fit of rage.

Amazing Idea the only thing is.....

5 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

In general, the fact that Maria is Eggman's cousin would result in her being ostracized by a good number of people in Sonic's world. And it would be especially bad if this is after the events of Sonic Forces.

Expect a lot of things like this to happen to her:

You all are right and have great idea,but lets keep in mind Maria came back then eggman's cousin has to come back as well.Then maybe they could make a comic book special for Eggman and his family problem.It would be hillarious! XD

1 hour ago, EmTiven01 said:

From our perspective, Maria might as well be related to Hitler.

As for Maria getting attacked by an angry mob, Team Sonic would be defending her and trying to calm the mob down, while Team Dark would be trying with all their might to prevent Shadow from slaughtering the mob in a fit of rage.

Shadow doesn’t slaughter people, even mobs. He is reformed since SA2. Even in Shadow’s standalone Video Game when he has machine guns, he doesn’t kill people, K.O. Yes, but not kill. When he does destroy something its usually an anamorphic creature, demon, machine, or monster. 

• Chuckle 1

On 12/4/2020 at 12:32 PM, EmTiven01 said:

Unfortunately, the fact that Maria is Eggman's cousin would result in her being ostracized by a good number of people in Sonic's world. It would be especially bad if this is after the events of Sonic Forces.

Expect things like this to happen to her a lot:

Dr. Nega: "NOW YOU KNOOOW!"

8 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

I don't get it.

Eggman Nega's backstory is that he tried to make a name for himself as a scientist, but Eggman's legacy meant no one would acknowledge him by association. Hence traveling across time and space to attempt to help him while secretly having a massive chip on his shoulder.

33 minutes ago, DabigRG said:

Eggman Nega's backstory is that he tried to make a name for himself as a scientist, but Eggman's legacy meant no one would acknowledge him by association. Hence traveling across time and space to attempt to help him while secretly having a massive chip on his shoulder.

Oh, I get it.

It would definitely be a horrible experience for Maria; finally being able to visit Earth like she always wanted, only to be shunned by its inhabitants because of crimes her family committed.

It's not that they want her back, they just want to ship her with Shadow. I honestly think the whole Maria The Hedgehog stuff is idiotic. It's pretty obvious that they want to ship Maria with Shadow otherwise they wouldn't have changed Maria into a hedgehog when reviving her. I also don't like this from a canonical standpoint since Shadow and Maria had a platonic brother sister relationship.

13 hours ago, Coz456 said:

It's not that they want her back, they just want to ship her with Shadow. I honestly think the whole Maria The Hedgehog stuff is idiotic. It's pretty obvious that they want to ship Maria with Shadow otherwise they wouldn't have changed Maria into a hedgehog when reviving her. I also don't like this from a canonical standpoint since Shadow and Maria had a platonic brother sister relationship.

Ugh I always hated people changing her into a hedgehog. As I said before, it would be best for her to stay human as having a human mainstay that’s not evil would really shake things up in the Sonic universe. That and Sega would be forced to stop pretending that no humans other than Eggman exist. Lmao.

• Thumbs Up 3

45 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Ugh I always hated people changing her into a hedgehog. As I said before, it would be best for her to stay human as having a human mainstay that’s not evil would really shake things up in the Sonic universe. That and Sega would be forced to stop pretending that no humans other than Eggman exist. Lmao.

Not to mention it would be best to keep her relationship with Shadow platonic. We don't need a repeat of the romance between Sonic and Elise.

What would be the most interesting to see is how Maria plays off of Eggman. Given that they're cousins and all.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2020 at 12:30 AM, Johnny Boy said:

Agreed, the fact Maria is alive again would put the bitterness towards GUN to rest. 

• 1 month later...

Here's another idea for resurrecting Maria: With the Chaos Emeralds after spending the past 50 years cryonically frozen. And who stuffed her dead body into a freezing tube? GUN.

What's their reason? Apparently after Gerald Robotnik's execution, GUN came to view the raid on Space Colony ARK as a tactical blunder. (Think how the US military views the Iraq War in retrospect) And they tried to atone for said blunder by having Maria preserved in a cryonic chamber until a way to bring her back to life is found.

After Team Dark joins GUN, they eventually decide to reveal this secret project to Shadow in particular.

...I don't ship Maria with Shadow, but why is it "idiotic"? Shipping is by it's nature illogical. It's based on feels, not brains.

I find it fascinating that more and more people are people cool with LGBT, but not with human-furry. Sure, gays are real, but I don't see how is that relevant. Love is love (as long as it's reciprocated).

Imagine that you're teleported to the world where everyone is hetero and gays are just fictional idea. Would you be against LGBT ships?

4 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

I find it fascinating that more and more people are people cool with LGBT, but not with human-furry. Sure, gays are real, but I don't see how is that relevant. Love is love (as long as it's reciprocated).

Is comparing being LGBT to borderline bestiality seriously the hill you want to die on?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Too Many Rings 1

44 minutes ago, Piko said:

Is comparing being LGBT to borderline bestiality seriously the hill you want to die on?

I'm fully aware this is a controversial opinion, but I stand by it., Mostly because "bestiality" is about actual dumb animals, not intelligence creatures with souls and stuff.

In 2012 TMNT cartoon Donatello had crush on April. She kissed him few times, on lips in one official music video. is that bestiality?

I guess I don't want to "fight" anyone for this cause, since antros aren't real, so there is little incentive. But I stand by my opinion.

Weird.. never heard this until now lol. I liked Maria's story in SA2.. then it just got over the top and ridiculous in STH imo lol. I don't think she's a character that should come back honestly. She had her role and it's done with.

• 4 months later...
On 6/20/2021 at 12:41 PM, Spin Slasher said:

Will Maria Robotnik be Evil or not?, 

Good most likely.