Awoo.

Question about Maria

EmTiven01

8 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Good most likely. 

She would also serve as a Morality Pet to Shadow, and to a lesser extent, Eggman.

10 hours ago, EmTiven01 said:

She would also serve as a Morality Pet to Shadow, and to a lesser extent, Eggman.

Moral compass in my view. She served as that in SA2, when Shadow remembered what she really had him promise her. 

2 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Moral compass in my view. She served as that in SA2, when Shadow remembered what she really had him promise her. 

And what about Eggman?

3 minutes ago, EmTiven01 said:

And what about Eggman?

What do you mean? 

1 minute ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

What do you mean? 

I mean what role would she play regarding Eggman's morality?

1 minute ago, EmTiven01 said:

I mean what role would she play regarding Eggman's morality?

She may cause Eggman to consider that his pursuits will end in madness like his grandfather. I doubt Eggman would heed such warnings due to his ego and thirst fpr supremacy. 

19 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

She may cause Eggman to consider that his pursuits will end in madness like his grandfather. I doubt Eggman would heed such warnings due to his ego and thirst fpr supremacy. 

I imagine that would lead to some pretty tense moments between the two.

I don't think Maria can or should be revived, from a narrative perspective.

However, I do like to overthink the lore and rules of this series, and this topic got me thinking... The Sandopolis ghosts, King Boom Boo, and Lah demonstrate consistently that ghosts are just a thing in Sonic.

image.thumb.png.b13bb643d2aec0d16dd55b37439bc37b.png

There's your loophole. There's precedent for Maria to appear as a ghost, making her death remain permanent while still allowing her to - under some circumstances - communicate with living characters such as Shadow. 

Now, would this necessarily be good, narratively speaking? I don't know! I guess it depends on the execution. But it is a way to do it without breaking any of the established precedents of the series, if nothing else.

• Thumbs Up 1