Awoo.

AMERICA: 2020

Tornado

2020 is basically the year of Memes at this point, and it’s just gonna grow from here...

• Chuckle 2

In other news, one of the law firms representing Trump regarding Pennsylvania has withdrawn from the matter.

Almost like they didn't have any mystical evidence to begin with.

• Chuckle 1

Michigan's (GOP) state senate leaders told Trump to fuck off after his meeting with them about overturning the popular vote when it comes to selecting electors.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Chuckle 1

On 11/13/2020 at 3:04 PM, Tornado said:

Same deal as last thread, different president.

I personally prefer the updated the version:

On 11/20/2020 at 9:34 PM, Tornado said:

Michigan's (GOP) state senate leaders told Trump to fuck off after his meeting with them about overturning the popular vote when it comes to selecting electors.

In addition, a Republican judge in Pennsylvania tore apart Trump and Giuliani's case for voter fraud and sent it packing. 

• Chuckle 1

damn he came at Biden hard with that one lol. 

In other news, white supremacist murderer gets coffee sponsorship. I’d be shocked if America 2020 didn’t already prep me for this direction we’re going  

• Promotion 1

2 hours ago, KHCast said:

damn he came at Biden hard with that one lol. 

So deliciously aggressive. XD

On another note, Savali, Danielle, Mondaire Jones, and the Sunrise Movement are all on point.

Spoiler

When people complain that progressive politicians are activists are pressuring Biden and claim that they should "wait," they're telling them "Lower your head, be a follower, or go home." They don't want to hear anyone pushing the president, VP, or their cabinet protest and demand them to do better. The last time activists quieted and waited after a Dem was elected, then-Citigroup exec Michael Froman had already suggested potential picks for Obama's cabinet, but it was too late for activists to respond.

The Squad and the Sunrise Movement comprehended this mistake. Biden's currently vetting people into his cabinet, and several serious contenders are corporatists and/or have ties to Big Oil:

1. Rahm Emanuel for Transportation Secretary. The most corrupt corporate Democrat in the last thirty years.
  2. Cedric Richmond as a liaison between climate crisis activists and Big Business. He's taken more than $340K and about $149K from the Big Oil and Big Chemical, respectively, to lie and deny the deadly pollution from factories killing people in his district; and he voted with Republicans to increase fossil fuel exports, oil pipelines, and a GOP bill to scale back Obama's more stringent fracking regulations.
  3. Heidi Heitkamp for USDA. As senator, she accepted more than $640K, ~$725K from lobbyists and voted against cutting greenhouse gases. An alternative to Heitkamp — in the same Mother Jones link — is Ohio Rep. Marcia Fudge, who progressive activists and Rep. Clyburn support.
  4. LA Mayor Eric Garcetti for HUD. This blog has a long list of why he's disqualifying, including increased gentrification in Black and brown neighborhoods, harassing the homeless population (which has grown under his tenure), refusing to build public and affordable housing throughout the city, and shutting down COVID testing centers as cases rose.
  5. Michael McCabe is both on Biden's transition team and a potential FDA pick. While working for DuPont, he defended their use and dumping of an extremely toxic chemical, C8, into the WV Appalachians and fought off Bush's EPA from regulating its use and potentially forcing them to spend a fortune cleaning up the water supply.

That's why they're calling for and protesting for Biden to be bold and act now. If you "wait," it's already too late. The cabinet is every bit as important as the president, if not more so, because they indicate the direction the president will take in his policies. Defeating Trump isn't even 1% of their battle. The rest of it began the day after Election Day and the minute news organizations called the election for Biden.

As for Trump's attempt of a coup and the runoffs, organizations and politicians can walk and chew gum at the same time. They can support the runoffs, raise awareness of Trump's (and the fascists') threat of a political coup, and pressure Biden-Harris simultaneously.

In the 1980s, the late James Baldwin had a response to those who told him to "wait" for progress, and his words ring true more than thirty years later.

Neither the planet nor tens of millions of people can afford to wait. Bold leadership is needed now. Holding them accountable and putting the heat on them reminds them they're watching and will put pressure on him.

• Thumbs Up 4

Well said @Dark Qiviut.

Anyway, in recent news, the Teump campaign certainly "Released the Kraken", biblically when they fired Sidney Powell from the legal team.

• Fist Bump 4

On 11/21/2020 at 11:14 PM, 8ther said:

So does this mean any chance of trump pulling off a coup and stealing this election are all now dead in the water?

Unfortunately not. They'll likely keep trying. However, there is some good news.

As of yesterday, the Trump Administration has FINALLY begun granting Biden transition opportunities so he can finally get the ball rolling.

It's the closest thing to a concession speech that we've gotten from Trump so far!

I’d be shocked if this wasn’t the platform of most establishment Dems tbh. “Healthcare as a human right” as basically just a buzzterm, but in execution no different than how America’s handled it so far. Either way, this guy ain’t winning anytime soon I’m guessing 

• Absolutely 2

In recent news, the Trump Empire crumbles more and more as some of his top notch supporters or goons are jumping ship in various ways.

• Nice Smile 2

On 12/1/2020 at 8:53 AM, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

In recent news, the Trump Empire crumbles more and more as some of his top notch supporters or goons are jumping ship in various ways.

And Barr just came out and said that Trump lost fair and square and that his claims of fraud are full of shit. 

• Promotion 1
  • Chuckle 1

The more Obama talks, the more he seriously plummets in my book

Like I know he already was already lowering to me as I retroactively looked more into Obama’s terms, but damn if this shit isn’t making it all the more obvious where his biases lie.

• My Emmerdoods 1
  • Absolutely 1

On 12/2/2020 at 9:34 AM, Johnny Boy said:

And Barr just came out and said that Trump lost fair and square and that his claims of fraud are full of shit. 

It just keeps getting "better and better".

• Chuckle 2

On 11/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, KHCast said:

I’d be shocked if this wasn’t the platform of most establishment Dems tbh. “Healthcare as a human right” as basically just a buzzterm, but in execution no different than how America’s handled it so far. Either way, this guy ain’t winning anytime soon I’m guessing 

I do not like Ossoff. He’s more milquetoast than Biden. That’s just stale...

On 12/3/2020 at 7:25 PM, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

It just keeps getting "better and better".

To be honest Poltics has become a game of money.(my opinion)

"I know what to do. Let's have Trump take part in a rally for the two GOP candidates in the Senate runoff. That will make sure his base comes out in force to support those candidates, and hopefully temper the thoughts that the election won't be fair and that the GOP candidates have no chance of winning so they might as well not bother voting"

At the Georgia rally, the President spent the majority of the early portion of his remarks falsely claiming he won the election, taking shots at Kemp and saying the Senate runoffs will be rigged.

saying the Senate runoffs will be rigged.

"FUCK"

• Chuckle 3

• 4 weeks later...

Recent polling suggests that maybe half of "very conservative" voters will skip the Georgia runoffs due to the aforementioned "rigged process," but given how many votes Trump got in the general, and how badly the polls "missed" in states that lack ballot paper trails (oh hi Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham, didn't see you there), I wouldn't count on that for hope this time. Better to just get everyone who wants to vote to the polls. Ossoff and Warnock winning is going to be the only way to guarantee the security of Americans - financially, and in essentially every other area of life.

• Thumbs Up 3

Washington Post have leaked a 62 minute recording of Trump basically threatening the Secretary of State of Georgia to "find" 11,780 votes.

Oh deary.

• My Emmerdoods 1

What I'm hearing right now is that Georgia gave Mitch McConnell the middle finger because they just took back the Senate.  

• Chuckle 1

Well, Warnock got a clear win, but thankfully, anyone putting in thoughts that was Ossoff was going to lose, will likely find that their content has aged like milk in that regard. 

The scene at the Capitol Building was an absolute embarrassment and terrifying. Trump supporters have gone too far, and Donald Trump along with his enablers are fully responsible. He endangered the lives of many, even his very own VP. It's absolutely disgusting, and his response was weak and only about himself, starting off with lies once again that started this whole thing in the first place. He needs to be removed from office immediately due to being unfit to serve and barred from ever running for public office again.
  • Thumbs Up 2