Awoo.

AMERICA: 2020

Tornado

It's more likely out of fear of kids "turning" gay, which is just as stupid because if those kids are truly straight, learning about LGBTQ history and education won't change that. It's like saying that learning about the civil rights movement will make you Black...oh wait, they're trying to ban that too.

5 hours ago, Piko said:

It's more likely out of fear of kids "turning" gay, which is just as stupid because if those kids are truly straight, learning about LGBTQ history and education won't change that. It's like saying that learning about the civil rights movement will make you Black...oh wait, they're trying to ban that too.

Ultimately has nothing to do with their kids' wellbeing, and more that they just don't want their children to start questioning their parents' fragile egos and irrational hatred. After all, curiosity and questioning authority is a big no no for these fascists, so why wouldn't they try to silence it?

• Absolutely 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Turns out Disney is funding politicians who are backing the Don’t Say Gay bill. Pretending to care about the LGBTQ community while supporting people trying to take their rights away. But hey, at least we’ll still see background characters being marketed as The First Gay Disney Character for the 7000th time.

Speaking of DSG, I looked a little more into it and it’s not just about LGBTQ education, any and all mention of the LGBTQ community seems to be a no-no. Let’s say you’re a teacher, and there’s a kid in your class with two dads. Them simply talking about what they did with their parents at the weekend could get you into trouble. We truly are going backwards.

It's truly remarkable how Disney has managed to get tons of left-wingers to simp for them. Disney, the very image of a greedy multinational mega-corporation that for decades pandered to conservative family values and traditional gender roles now has an army of twitter wokesters who lets them get away with everything as long as they hire voice actors of the specific races and allows gay characters to flash across the screen in their movies for two whole seconds every once a blue moon. And what do I mean by get away with everything? Well, take advantage of their employes by starting a practice of work-by-project as opposed to steady emplyment for one thing, and introducing a pay-per-ride system in their parks that will make it impossible for poorer families to fully enjoy the parks the way they could do in previous decades for another.

The cyncial side of me can't help but be impressed though. Disney has played the masses like a fiddle for decades and they still got it. It's just that what they do now is different, and in some cases polar opposite, to what they did in the past, all as society changes.

• 1 month later...

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/02/supreme-court-abortion-draft-opinion-00029473

https://harostar.tumblr.com/post/683374816588431361

https://harostar.tumblr.com/post/683374816588431361https://harostar.tumblr.com/post/683374816588431361

The Supreme Court, in a draft majority opinion written by Justice Alito, has voted to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Also, to my fellow cis gay men who often seem to ignore/overlook reproductive rights, this Supreme Court opinion suggests that fundamental gay rights are on the chopping block next:

“Respondents . . . rely on post-Casey decisions like Lawrence v. Texas and Obergefell v. Hodges. These attempts to justify abortion through appeals to a broader right to autonomy and to define one’s ‘concept of existence’ prove too much. Those criteria, at a high level of generality, could license fundamental rights to illicit drug use, prostitution, and the like. None of these rights has any claim to being deeply rooted in history.”

For those who don’t know, Lawrence v. Texas was a landmark queer rights case because it struck down laws that criminalized homosexual intercourse. Obergefell v. Hodges is the landmark case that legalized same-gender marriage. And in this opinion, the Court implies that these freedoms are comparable to allowing drug use and prostitution, it explicitly says that these rationales have gone too far, and that these rights are not rooted in American history. The Court is showing its hand and how it views what it perceives to be Court-created rights (abortion, gay marriage, gay sexual intercourse, etc.). Basically, the Court seems to be overturning the framework of substantive due process rights, which is the doctrine that creates these basic rights. If abortion rights can be overturned on this logic, so will queer rights.

If you think the Court is going to just stop with reproductive rights, that cis queer men are going to be spared, with all due respect, you’re a fucking moron. You need to be concerned about this too, even if you don’t have a uterus. You should be as outraged about this as you are with the Don’t Say Gay law.

Also directly targets contraceptives.

And indirectly aims to supersede all court precedents, making all civil rights they have ever decided on at risk.

I don’t care what party you claim to be. You need to ask yourself do you believe in democracy or plutocracy? Do you believe in majority rule or authoritarianism? 

This is a link to the list of US 2022 Congressional Primary Dates: https://www.fec.gov/resources/cms-content/documents/2022pdates.pdf This is a US Primary Elections Calendar: https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/VAO/PrimaryElectionsCalendar.pdf   Voting in Texas was in *MARCH*!!! Please check these calendars and  make    sure you aren’t missing primary elections in your state! Many states have primary elections in MAY, including Indiana, Nebraska, Ohio, West Virginia, Idaho, Kentucky, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Alabama, Arkansas, and Georgia. June primary elections include: California, Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico, South Dakota, Maine, North Dakota, South Carolina, D.C., Virginia, Colorado, Illinois, Maryland, New York, Oklahoma, and Utah.  

https://harostar.tumblr.com/post/683374816588431361It's even more important to get rid of the Republicans in the Congressional Primaries. Check your Voting dates and get them out.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually understand where she’s coming from…

…and yet it’s still ridiculous. Isn’t that weird?

5 hours ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

I actually understand where she’s coming from…

…and yet it’s still ridiculous. Isn’t that weird?

I think the problem is that her statement has the undertone of essentially turning women into baby factories, as well as the implication of this only being for affluent white evangelicals having adoption choices.

iirc, there was something of an element of this being used as a type of tactic for genocide against minorities, where children from minorities were stolen/trafficked and "adopted" by evangelical Christians to assimilate them into their culture. Can't remember where exactly I read this, but it was something along that line.

• 3 weeks later...

So just like in 1999, the secret to having cops standing around with their thumbs up their asses too busy pissing themselves in fear to actually do anything while the shooter meticulously goes from room to room inside shooting anything that moves was to have the perpetrator be a gamer.

• Absolutely 3

This case just keeps getting worse and worse. Even the small silver linings you can find are just depressing. I hope the stuff I've read online is fake, from the mom who saved her kids getting jailed and charged with interfering, to the cops apparently barricading the shooter in with the kids (as in, beyond waiting outside like useless shits), and a cop having a kid yell out, which got them killed?

I feel sad and angry for the families that lost their loved ones and children.

• 4 weeks later...

Roe v Wade is overturned.

I mean…kinda saw that coming at this point. 

As someone who is not gay I fail to see why gay marriage is even a problem.

If gay people want to be as miserable as almost every other married straight couple, then let them. (If it isn’t obvious, yes I genuinely have a very low opinion of marriage, so banning gay marriage is just people being spiteful).

Meanwhile, on contraception…you know what, I’m just waiting for these old fossils to die already. They’ve held the youth back long enough.