Awoo.

Dreams about Sonic

batson

So I just had an interesting Sonic-related dream, and now I have a both a desire to tell you all about it as well as a desire to hear about dreams that you've had on the subject.

I dreamt that I was Tails. And for some reason, Metal Sonic had a vendetta against me. I can't recall why, but I think it had something to do with something that I (Tails) had said on the internet. Yep. And the scary thing was, Metal Sonic was not just content with finishing me off, but rather he intended to torture me first. Specifically, he wanted to attach wires from a car battery to my teeth and electrocute me. As anyone who has ever had a significnt tooth ache can attest, it's almost difficult to imagine anything more painfull than having your teeth electrecuted.

Due to these circumstances, I had to be body guarded by some of the more powerfull characters, namely Knuckles and Rouge. I really wanted Sonic to be the one to protect me, because I figured that if anyone would fight to the last breath against Metal Sonic before allowing him to torture me it would be him, but unfortunately he was away at the moment, so Knuckles and Rouge had to do. The three of us traveled around the Sonic world, what with the loops and the springs and everything like that, keeping a look out for Metal Sonic. At one point however I became separated from my guardians. And shortly after, the worst possible thing happened as I came across Metal Sonic, carrying his car battery. I pretty much panicked and ran from him as fast as I could, but I knew that he was faster than me and would catch up anytime. However, at that point I happened to spot Eggman, flying around in his Eggmobile. I knew that Metal Sonic was acting on his own volition, and that Eggman had nothing to do with Metal's sadistic plans. Due to this, I immediately got the idea to run up to Eggman and allow him to kidnap me. I figured that I would be safe inside one of Eggman's prison cells, as Eggman would not be cruel enough to let Metal engage in his needlessly cruel acts against me. I kept running towards Eggman...

...and this was the point where I woke up.

So yeah, there you have it. I never thought I would have a dream where I was so terrified of my favorite character Metal Sonic. I find it kind of neat though that with the sole excpetion of said character, who acted like some sick sadistic serial killer, all of the other characters were pretty much in character. I'm thinking specifically of Eggman, whom I assumed would not be the kind of guy to needlessly torture an 8 year old kid (Sonic Forces line about torturing Sonic just for fun be damned).

So what about the rest of you? Have your sleeping minds created equally memorable scenarious regarding our favorite hedgehog and his furry friends?

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't say I ever had such an adventorous dream. I saw one years ago.

In my dream Sega decided to cancel the Sonic series and replaced Sonic with some generic Bubsy the Cat-type mascot thing which they advertised as "True successor to Sonic!".

It was depressing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

20 minutes ago, Simasuu said:

I can't say I ever had such an adventorous dream.

I usually don't have those kinds of dreams either. I've dreamt plenty of dreams were I've been myself and the Sonic series has been featured in one way or another, but appart from one other time many years ago, this was the first time that I've dreamt of actually being a Sonic character. It reminded me of the kind of dreams I used to more often have as a child, which is why it was kinda cool to me. I almost thought my boring adult brain couldn't construct adventures like that anymore. :P

Just now, batson said:

I usually don't have those kinds of dreams either. I've dreamt plenty of dreams were I've been myself and the Sonic series has been featured in one way or another, but appart from one other time many years ago, this was the first time that I've dreamt of actually being a Sonic character. It reminded me of the kind of dreams I used to more often have as a child, which is why it was kinda cool to me. I almost thought my boring adult brain couldn't construct adventures like that anymore. :P

Dreams are truly something that make us think. Is it another life from a parallel reality we observe? Or is it a simulation of afterlife? Or just thoughts going nuts? Shame that no one can know for now.

Oh and I mistyped. I've had adventorous dreams but they weren't related to Sonic, lol.

10 hours ago, Simasuu said:

I can't say I ever had such an adventorous dream. I saw one years ago.

In my dream Sega decided to cancel the Sonic series and replaced Sonic with some generic Bubsy the Cat-type mascot thing which they advertised as "True successor to Sonic!".

It was depressing.

Any more details on this generic mascot? It kinda reminds me of a worse version of Hero Factory from the way you described it so far. 

4 hours ago, Miragnarok said:

Any more details on this generic mascot? It kinda reminds me of a worse version of Hero Factory from the way you described it so far. 

Sorry but this was years ago. All I remember was a jungle theme level where the character was platforming. Red & black coloured anthromorphic cat character.

• Thumbs Up 1

strange, never have that many "sonic dreams" in my life but I just had a sonic dream last night:

I don't remember the full details, but I remember a sonic game being released by Sega without a name (or at least I it had one and I just forgot), not implying it was dark and scary... sort of, but the game premise was surely dark. basically the plot was that YOU, the character, did something huge to piss Sonic and now he wants to kill you, and you're stuck in a wild goose chase, being the goose of course. I gotta say even though it was obviously a dream, it wasn't easy. The character controlled fine, but it was pretty linear which kinda makes sense as this is an "escape the character before they catch you" sort of game, but it kinda had different paths. there was also this one farm zone with a maze segment that I could barely do because sonic was still going at high speeds catching up before I enter a path in the center area. the dream didn't just finish at that, it was TRIPPY, almost all of my dreams are. like the volume for when sonic gets you was hella loud, I was suddenly at grandma's house that had a another room before/when I got the game, and other crazy nonsense my dreams usually have.

I can't explain in full detail everything else that happened, but there was this one segment where we saw that same sonic with that huge growling face and people are here trying to calm him down like he's a hissing big cat or something, except without the hissing. then a while after, a similar game was made with the same premise but instead of sonic being the chaser it's kirby. and we are in an entirely different area being chased by a crazed kirby...

yeah that's the usual type of nonsense my dreams can have, and that dream was no exception. (oh and how well was the game received you asked? well fans thought it was kinda fun and miles better than forces, and everyone else thought the same.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a dream that I was reading issues of idw sonic about sonic was fighting Zavok and sonic won but some kind of way, Zavok got into sonic's body and started taking control of his mind and body. During several issues, sonic started doing destructive and evil stuff which was causing major harm to the world, ( Cause y'know, he's the fastest strongest character in the cast). Zavok as Sonic was just seriously messing things up man, probably would've been the darkest story arc in sonic if it was real. The supporting cast and even eggman had to come up with ways to stop Zavok without killing sonic.

Actually I had a dream last year that included live action Sonic (NOT the old movie design). I don't remember the entire dream. I was in a house and had to go do something but right before Sonic appeared and gave me a thumbs up or finger wave/smile. It was a friendly gesture. Can't recall which one now.

I know exactly why it happened. It was before the redesign was revealed and I could not waiting. Constantly hoping for leaks or news was driving me crazy. I did not think it was gonna take 6 months from the delay announcement. By October I was angry that not even 1 picture showed up. All just fan speculation.

In the dream he looked pretty close his final design. He was not a different or bizarre version. He looked like Sonic with fur and spikes.

Some weeks ago I had a Sonic-related dream too; I stayed up until late night and watched stuff regarding the sonic hacking contest 2020 while sleepy, so that influenced my dream for sure.

There was a surprise announcement (with trailer) of the spiritual successor of Sonic Mania, made by the same developers but with a different title (that I can't remember): it was still classic styled, but this time it was all new zones and there were some modern elements too. The sprites were still classic-looking, but they were completely new, probably even with a bigger resolution (twice as big?). What surprised me the most was that there were many playable characters and part of them were from the modern cast, despite it being a classic-like game.

The game was based on the Encore Mode of Mania where characters work like lives (when you lose a character you continue with the next one until you lose all of them), and that was the reason for so many characters, there were probably 10 or even more.

I can't remember anything in detail because I forgot most of it.

I remember having a Sonic dream the night before we got the mania gameplay trailer and the Forces teaser trailer. I dreamed I was playing a sonic game that looked like a mix between Sonic robo blast 2 and Sonic R and that the level was some type of carnival night style setting. I was playing as 3D classic sonic trying to figure out how to get on with the level, I think I was stuck somewhere. I dont remember anything else specific about that dream

Got me hoping we'd get a teaser trailer about a cool classic sonic 3D style game the next day... well I was half right 

1 hour ago, McGroose said:

...the level was some type of carnival night style setting.

...I think I was stuck somewhere.

The Barrel of Doom traumatized all Sonic fans so much that carnival night is always associated with getting stuck, even unconsciously.

Not me, but when I was a kid, my brother had a dream that he went to school and Tails was in his class. He was in 3rd grade at the time and Tails was canonically 8 so it made sense. I don't remember what else he said about it.

• 1 month later...

I just recently had a dream about the Sonic Movie sequel and how it turned out bad.

First off, the movie starts off with Sonic going to his homeworld and meeting up with a young girl who gets attacked by robots and then Amy Rose comes in to help out Sonic.  They then try to go back to Earth to contact Tom and Maddie.  Now, that doesn't sound too bad in of itself, but here's where things get bad.

On Earth, the movie starts focusing on a group of teenagers who are doing a reality TV series and then it suddenly shifts focus to a man trying to recruit a crime mafia, only to suddenly get poisoned by one of the members.  And that's where the dream ends.

I called this dream "The Worst Sonic Movie Sequel" because it has all of the worst things that can happen in sequels:

• For one thing, Sonic is barely in this sequel.  He shows up like for a few minutes at the beginning and then the rest of the movie focuses on a group of people that we don't really care about.
  • Second, Tails and Dr. Robotnik are not in this sequel, despite being teased heavily to show up in the sequel.  This is something that always irked me about some sequels where they don't show the characters that you are expected to see from the first movie.
  • And third, the plot!  I mean, the plot about the reality TV show and the mafia had nothing to do with the first movie!  

But, that's just a dream I had, so hopefully, it will never come true!

• 2 weeks later...

I had a weird one that I was friends with sonic and tails and we were doing a heist with guns and I also had this once I was  racing against tails in seaside hill/ grand metropolis and tails and amy were cheating 

• 1 month later...

i remember dreaming about being in a black void watching the sonic movie, tom was being held hostage by eggman it was in a jungle type setting... in the moon (like the cathedral from Mario odyssey a game i just finished, i was also probably inspired by a drawing on deviantart of sonic storming an eggman base in the moon), then Sonic & Tails came, with their movie designs, i think it was like a weird mix between pre and post redesign, were fighting eggman who had his sonic 2006 design, and a gigantic robot machine strapped to his back for some reason, i remember it look alot like Omega-Xis from the Megaman starforce games, you know the ones as i was just getting into the megaman series with starforce being the thing i was obsessed with thanks to super smash bros ultimate, (as i was never into megaman prior to that) but was gray, had a body akin to GladOS' from portal and a dome containing some sort of purple space fog, also a cartoony cgi NiGHTS appeared and winked for a second it just came out of nowhere and everyone acts like nothing happened

i also remember a much older one where my family went to this cheap cinema in the middle of the desert it was a turqoise green-ish color, still used projectors like that home movie projector and looked more like a gas sation than anything, to watch the other Sonic movie from 1996, you know the one, with sarah and planet freedom and the catchy tune.

On 11/18/2020 at 6:10 AM, AWild No.1 washed up gamer said:

I had a dream that I was reading issues of idw sonic about sonic was fighting Zavok and sonic won but some kind of way, Zavok got into sonic's body and started taking control of his mind and body. During several issues, sonic started doing destructive and evil stuff which was causing major harm to the world, ( Cause y'know, he's the fastest strongest character in the cast). Zavok as Sonic was just seriously messing things up man, probably would've been the darkest story arc in sonic if it was real. The supporting cast and even eggman had to come up with ways to stop Zavok without killing sonic.

why does this sound so cool? like legit this should be a real thing. maybe in the spirit of that archie arc with eggman and sonic going batshit insane.

• Thumbs Up 1