Awoo.

My Twitch journey

KHCast

So about a month ago I decided I’d try and take streaming a bit more seriously. And it’s been fun, but I didn’t imagine within under that month, I’d already find myself getting to affiliate status! So uhh, yeah this is starting to become more of a serious form of making money for me on top of a fun hobby, so that’s awesome! It’d be great if some of you would give my channel a look whenever you got the time. A few I know have checked it out, so seeing if I can reach out to some more of y’all. I’ve got a schedule up I’m not on currently, but will be on tomorrow at 4PM PST doing a donation stream to help fund my first month in my, potentially, new apartment, so if anyone would like to drop by and drop a dollar or so if they’re enjoying the stream, it would be much appreciated!  

Here’s the link to my channel anyway lol: https://twitch.tv/jpofferz96

/Shameless self-promotion 

• 6 months later...

So been awhile, so figured I’d update. I had stopped streaming for about 3 and a half months after December due to some personal things, which for awhile had taken a huge hit on the momentum i was gaining. Been consistently streaming tho for about the last month or two, with honestly a newfound passion and determination, and it seems to have been slowly but surely started to pay off! Im getting some viewers consistently in my streams now, get people chatting, get occasional donations and bits, and even subscriptions, it’s really great to be back and seeing my channel improve. I’m always editing and playing with the stream HUD layout, seeing what I can change and add to make it more entertaining and nice looking. Moving into my own place has really opened up a lot in terms of flexibility with my streams, and it feels good to not worry about upsetting anyone with my music or loudness. 

My schedule is typically streaming during the evenings/late night. I’m usually playing Apex Legends, which is my main highlight game currently, tho I’m also currently playing through Final Fantasy Remake, and the Kingdom Hearts series. I intend to stream Neo: The World Ends with you, and Sonic Colors Ultimate (both on PS4) when they drop! I may, if I finish FF7R soon, play something like Bayonetta or Doom, maybe tap into the fighting market with SFV or something, but I’m still debating on that. 

Im currently at 71 followers, 5 subscriptions, I set a goal to try and reach 100 followers by the end of the month, with at least 5 consistent viewers per stream, so it would really be amazing if you guys could help me out with reaching that goal of mine, since I feel once I hit 100, I should be able to consistently grow at a more decent pace so long as I keep on doing what I’ve currently been doing. Anyway, here’s the link to my Twitch, again, it would be amazing if y’all would support my channel!

https://m.twitch.tv/jpofferz/home

E3EV77SVUAAySq8?format=jpg&name=large

What does the JP stand for?

3 hours ago, KHCast said:

The J is from my name

Oh ho! A first name starting with J? Most excellent!

• Fist Bump 1

I realized I never put out my general schedule, so here it is. Bear in mind this is all in PST timezone. As I said before I believe, my schedule has changed compared to when I started this all

Monday:

-Final Fantasy 7 Remake

~9:00 PM - ~1:00 AM 

Tuesday:

-Final Fantasy 7 Remake

~9:00 PM - ~1:00 AM

Wednesday: 

-Apex Legends

10:30 PM - 2:30/3:00 AM

Thursday

-Apex Legends

10:30 PM - 2:30/3:00 AM

Friday

-Kingdom Hearts Series

9:00 PM - 1:00 AM

Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts will eventually be replaced once I complete those, with other games (likely new single player games), while Apex will be staying the same as that’s my primary focus for the channel. Once I can get a capture card, I intend to add Smash to my schedule as well!

Drunk Saturday’s are a new thing I’ve decided to do, and those are streams that I’ll do if weekly subscription/donation goals are met (still trying to figure out a reasonable amount for each of those), and as you’d imagine, I drink and play video games (usually Apex or some other multiplayer game) lol

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any recommendations for streaming switch content? Like good capture cards, OBS software, etc? I’ve been using Lightstream to stream through my PS4, but if I wanna stream switch stuff, I think I’ll have to set up an entirely new OBS, since Lightstream doesn’t seem to work with capture cards or Switch atm

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in checking it out, I’m gonna be streaming my blind playthrough of Sonic Colors Ultimate starting on Tuesday night at 10 PM PST (since I got the physical version). Definitely should be in for an interesting time 

Also, I recently hit the 90 follower mark, so am going to be doing a giveaway of 3 digital copies of Among Us! (non-mobile) So if anyone is interested in participating in that, leave a follow and keep tabs on my streams this week (tho I will post online on the day I do the giveaway). =D

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

So I decided the other day to start playing Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing on my streams sometimes. I started playing just the other day, and surprisingly, despite like barely anyone playing that game on twitch, I got a decent amount of viewers watching me play that! So that actually is pretty exciting! I also after playing that, have gotten an urge to stream some more Sonic games, so figured I’d give y’all an update if you enjoy watching people play sonic games lol. Was thinking I’d stream Sonic Adventure 1, Sonic Unleashed, Generations, Mania and Colors whenever I’m not focusing on Smash Bros, which is my primary thing I stream lol. If that interests any of you guys, definitely would like some feedback on my sonic gameplay/commentary haha