Awoo.

What would YOU like seeing for Sonic's Big 20th?

EXshad

I don't consider myself specifically a "fan" of any specific form of Sonic game, I'll appreciate anything SEGA give me as long as it's fun, classic-styled or new, green eyed, Sonic.

However, when I think of Sonic, despite the fact that the first thing that comes to mind is green eyed, long quills Sonic with a voice actor, whoever it may be, I still see the iconic Sonic landmark being a checkered green hill with loops and other crazy looking areas as well.

Edited by Solid SOAP

Another male hedgehog character. Since we got one for the 10th and 15th, why not? :D

In all seriousness, I have no idea what I'd want. Just a awesome new Sonic game to play that's fun and worth the wait.

Or maybe an awesome Knuckles action/adventure game with a crazy awesome fighting system? I've been wanting one of those for years.

Edited by Chooch
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hey, us old-school Sonic fans didn't want Shadow, Riders, or Nextgen, but look what happened.

Nether did the newfans. Or the people who just play the games to have fun and have no preference.

Really, It's like you think only retrofans hate them.

You know what I would like to see? A new game. I really don't give a shit as long as it's fun. Gimme my Sonic running around loops plz.

Or even for people to, just for one day, stop complaining about the damned games. The games didn't suck after S3&K, and they didn't suck before Shadow. They've all been somewhat fun in their own way, and couden't, just for a few hours of our lives, not bitch about how __________ game sucked so badly and _________ is so much better?

Seriously, it would be the best thing we could have.

Unless Sonic Adventure 3 = evloved Sonic gameplay from SA1 (which SA2 wasn't), I'd never want that.

Ideally, I'd want something new. No Sonic Adventure 3, Sonic Unleashed 2, or even a Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

And I'd want it to be 3D. We already have a new 2D title coming in 2010, and there are several 2D Sonics I enjoy. Meanwhile there is no 3D game on schedule, and the only 3D titles that I've enjoyed are Unleashed and SA1 (and they were pretty flawed themselves).

Fast gameplay, but without excessive automation.

Vast majority of (playable) spotlight is for Sonic (like 90 percent).

Models and details should be like Unleashed, except more "Sonic Surreal" (aka what Diogenes said). And if there are humans, make them look like the belong in a Sonic game (like Eggman or Billy Hatcher). Not in a Pixar film (Unleashed) or in a completely generic, soulless title (Adventure/Shadow humans).

No monsters or anything magical to boot Eggman off his throne.

Characters that show up for relevant, natural roles (not forced or filler).

Other than that, the specific details don't really matter that much. Though it would be nice to have a game that breaks away from the "get to the goal" structure, and makes a more seamless world and level design. Though, it wouldn't make or break anything for me.

All I want from Sega for Sonic's 20th is a public apology on behalf of the senior executive staff at Sega for allowing Sonic's massive slump to happen in the first place. No new games if they're not ready (let them come out in their own good time, forcing release dates doesn't aid quality), but recognition of Sonic's car crash of a decade from senior Sega staff would be a good step forward.

• Bad Quality Post 1

What would I like to see for Sonic's 20th? Why limited edition Sonic 20th anniversary items of course! :D The Sonic 10th anniversary items were awesome, and so I hope the next lot of items for Sonic's next big anniversary will be equally as awesome. =D I'm hoping for another limited edition figure and maybe this time a limited edition plush.

Edited by S o n i c

Green eyes. :( I don't want Needlemouse to be pushed forward to 2011. Hell, I don't even want Needlemouse at all. I want a Sonic who still has green eyes and still talks... not a boring two-dimensional (in more ways than one) character whose personality and attitude is nothing more than foot-tapping and finger-waving. I like the Sonic I know now. ;_;

While there are reasons to suspect that Needlemouse won't be a talky, I don't see any reason to assume that this is the case. One of the authors of 2P Start! had a funny way of putting it, that the guy that IGN interviewed was so far removed from the game's actual development that they might as well have asked anyone.

That Said, I simply haven't enjoyed much of the characterization he's gotten since the change. He was a flat out spazz from SA 1 all the way to ShtH (less o in SA 1, but it was there), there was often little explanation for why he did things in 06 (along with laughable attempts at getting the in game model to emote), and then there's the matter of SatBK... "Cool, It'll be like Halloween every day!".

And I tried to get used to the green eyes, it didn't happen, I don't like them. Say what you want about how their glow makes Sonic seem full of energy, to me they make his eyes look like they're glazed over. Oh, and they literally are glowing in the pre rendered cut scenes. To make this effect in Blender, you move the "Emit" slider to the right.

• Bad Quality Post 1

I want two things.

The announcement of "NEW Sonic the Hedgehog, a 2.5D Sonic game which has Gameplay similar to the Genesis games, with More emphasis on the Speed than the platforming, colorful surreal environments, and minimum story telling, with a few new elements added to the genesis styled gameplay like light dash homing attack, and bounce attack. ( don't tell me those first two can't be done. I played Sonic Megamix! ) ...I am of course Kidding about callinf it New Sonic the Hedgehog. As you can easily tell, the idea is to take the idea they had for New Super Mario Bros and apply it to Sonic. Both characters were more awesome in the old days, but only one of them ever went back to their true roots. Sonic should do this too, and also make a series out of it, not just a one shot game.

And the other thing I want is a truly good new 3D Sonic game. But that's a little more tricky to manage. But it would be nice if even though it's a 3D game, it had some sort of attatchment to Sonic's roots.

I'd love for the NPCs in this game to actually just be the small animals Sonic frees from the Badniks in the original game. And really, I just want controls similar to Sonic Adventure. They were perfect, but got tweaked way too much.

Three words: Sonic Adventure 3 (okay, so that last one was a number... but what're you going to do about it?).

Just have it look like Sonic '06, play like an enhanced version of Sonic Adventure 2 and sound like SA1, then I'll be very happy.

Although, I would have one rule for this game: NO MORE NEW CHARACTERS! SEGA already has more than enough to work with, and the general design quality of new members of cast has be on a perminant landslide since 2006; just look at how Marine & Chip turned out - f**king awful!

Edited by Extaticus
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Three words: Sonic Adventure 3 (okay, so that last one was a number... but what're you going to do about it?).

Just have it look like Sonic '06, play like an enhanced version of Sonic Adventure 2 and sound like SA1, then I'll be very happy.

Although, I would have one rule for this game: NO MORE NEW CHARACTERS! SEGA already has more than enough to work with, and the general design quality of new members of cast has be on a perminant landslide since 2006; just look at how Marine & Chip turned out - f**king awful!

I agree about Marine, but I thought Chip was cute. :) The thing I don't like about new characters is that most of them are one-shots. If they're only going to use them once, why not use a character that's already there (like, maybe, TAILS) and give them some development?

Chip was okay, I would have much preferred Tails follow Sonic but I really didn't care in the end.

Am I the only one who doesn't see the appeal in Tails following Sonic in Sonic 2, 3, and Sonic Adventure? For story purposes I guess it makes sense but whenever I played Sonic Adventure I always made it so Tails didn't follow me. I liked it in the only games and I guess it'd be nice to see in Needlemouse but I always found Tails unecessary in Sonic Adventure.

I'd definately like to see another SA2 style game but in this case Sonic has to team up with his past selves to fight Eggman. Which selves? 1991, 1993, 1999, Present each voice by a different actor

1991: Martin Burke (Sonic 1)

1993: Urkel (Spinball)

1999: Ryan Drummond (SA1)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1