Awoo.

SEGA Republic site is up with Robotnik's SPINGEAR

SchemingMinor

It might have flew over your heads, but just to let you Sonic fans know that the SEGA Republic does have a site showcasing the rides at the Dubai Mall now, and the headliner is the SPINGEAR, the Dr. Robotnik based roller-coaster.

SEGARepublicSPINGEARcloseup.jpg

(Yeah, I know. Biased. A close-up of the SPINGEAR ride, but I advise you to check out the better detailed maps in the site than my click and paste photos can provide.)

And with more bias, a description of the roller-coaster!

Will you and your friends survive Dr. Eggman’s evil plans?

Dr. Eggman is one step away from his maniacal quest for world domination. He’s developed a prototype weapon for capturing his nemesis, Sonic the Hedgehog, and now all he needs are ‘test subjects’. There’s only one way to escape from this evil weapon, but is it possible to avoid getting ‘zapped’ in the process?! Twist out of control on the rollercoaster ride that will have your head spinning!

They also have the Sonic Hopper which is an elevator based ride. Needless to say while no recording devices are allowed on the rides, I'm hoping someone will sneak one in and record the Robotnik safety procedure video at the beginning of the SPINGEAR ride. Preferably in YouTube format.

For now, enjoy some videos of people visiting SEGA Republic and SPINGEAR/ Sonic Hopper in action:

(gotta love the spring bumpers at the bottom of the Sonic Hopper.)

(EDIT: For new SPINGEAR video check my last post.)

Edited by Kintobor

Sweet! A Sega theme park. If Nintendo did the same over here in America...

Honestly, A Video Game themepark is the best idea I ever thought of, and they did the same. It would be so great if there was a pink roller coaster called "Kirby's Air Ride"!!

Edited by {Novelty}

That's pretty cool.

Didn't Mike Pollock and Jason mention doing voice work for a roller coaster or something? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

That's pretty cool.

Didn't Mike Pollock and Jason mention doing voice work for a roller coaster or something? Or maybe I'm thinking of something else.

You are correct. I mentioned in a previous post about the roller coaster (not completed at the time) that from an interview (alright, just a chat) with Dr. Mechano that he did just finish some voice acting work for the ride.

In fact....to mention that previous post, apparently there has been some updates in the topic link in forms of more images and videos posted on that as well. Check them out!

dsc08520__small__124.jpg

Also, I would KILL to have that Robotnik jacket that man is wearing. KILL.

Ulp. And the pictures keep on coming! Check out this person's blog about her trip to the Republic and some more photos as well!

19.jpg

And even more. A description of the coaster and the plot here. Apparently here's the page of the company that built the SPINGEAR coaster.

R09_SC_Sega02g.jpg

(Yes. I wouldn't mind riding Robotnik. Err, I mean riding Robotnik's machine. Freudian slip. );P

Edited by Kintobor
  • Thumbs Up 3

A sonic-themed amusement park with a Eggman roller coaster?! ... I think my childhood just had a orgasm, he's asking me why his pee is sticky.

Eugh..... Something cool, and its in Saudi Arabia. The same place we're having a WAR?

SEGA fails with business decisions. This should've been in America. And yes, I would kill to go there. That Robotnik ride looks fantastic.

• Bad Quality Post 8

Eugh..... Something cool, and its in Saudi Arabia. The same place we're having a WAR?

SEGA fails with business decisions.This should've been in America. And yes, I would kill to go there. That Robotnik ride looks fantastic.

It's located in the city of Dubai, an international tourist utopia specifically for the wealthy elites who shit gold bricks on a daily basis. If that's not an ideal business location then I don't know what is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, Dubai is in the United Arab Emirates, not Saudi Arabia. Also, America isn't at war with Saudi Arabia...

• Thumbs Up 7

The Spingear reminds me of the Tony Hawk Big Spin ride over here at our local Six Flags.

Shame of my fear of roller coasters though :( Least be nice to see the video that plays before the ride.

SEGA fails with business decisions. This should've been in America. And yes, I would kill to go there. That Robotnik ride looks fantastic.

LOL?

Also, Dubai is in the United Arab Emirates, not Saudi Arabia. Also, America isn't at war with Saudi Arabia...

It's even written xD.

Anyway it looks cool, probably a lot of people from SSMB will go to Dubai just for this thing xD.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm hoping someone will sneak one in and record the Robotnik safety procedure video at the beginning of the SPINGEAR ride

"Keep your arms and PINGAS inside the car at all times"

Actually, given the development stratergy of Dubai, I would imagine that the government actually paid a shocking high level of money to pay for the park, and will then charge an arm and a leg for the rent a few years down the line. But since how Dubai is an extremely expensive place to visit, they will see a return very quickly on this investment.

I doubt Sega could have built this in America or anywhere else in the west as they would find it very difficult to cover both the construction and the build costs, however, Dubais development stratergy is to often pay for the product, then charge the owner very high rent to opperate it in Dubai.

• Thumbs Up 2

Is this heaven? Take me to Saudi Arabia. NOW.

Alright, seriously now, this is way too cool! It mixes two of my favourite things; video games and amusement rides! The Spingear looks amazing, as do many of the rides. I can't wait to see if they ever add more attractions featuring other SEGA characters... Monkey Ball Bumper Kart or NiGHTS' Paraloop Coaster, anyone?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I thought only Robotnik was in that CGi video, but Sonic appears to?!

I. Want. To. See. That. Video.

dsc08522__small__186.jpg

Appearing from this picture above, he indeed does, probably trying to steal Robotnik's thunder (as if.) :lol:

But yes, thank you for finding that! I saw a different, less enthusiastic trailer during my search for more information that spotlights the Republic experience, but without any of the ride footage. One step closer, I can say.

I was wondering....if there was any way to contact SEGA or any of the businesses directly linked with the amusement park and kindly ask for a video copy of the Robotnik SPINGEAR presentation for the likes of people who cannot travel to Dubai (come on, not all of us can shit out gold eggs to pay for this trip.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Sega World (Australia) was better.. sure they didn't have any Sonic themed rides (well, 2) but they had a lot more going on... and a kick ass gift store.

Still, I'd like to go *wags tail*

Is this heaven? Take me to Saudi Arabia. NOW.

Alright, seriously now, this is way too cool! It mixes two of my favourite things; video games and amusement rides! The Spingear looks amazing, as do many of the rides. I can't wait to see if they ever add more attractions featuring other SEGA characters... Monkey Ball Bumper Kart or NiGHTS' Paraloop Coaster, anyone?

People it's UAE, not Saudi Arabia.

There is no way in heck that I am not going to this place at least ONCE before I die (or it, more likely, closes).

There is no way in heck that I am not going to this place at least ONCE before I die (or it, more likely, closes).

I think that they should hold SOS 2010 there! And Dreadknux should pay for us all to fly there, because he's rich!

I'd like to second that motion.

I third it.

Anyway, This is really wierd. In Geography, we're learning about Dubai. The Turtle(our teacher) never told us about this!

I must go there someday.

Lots of crazy stuff in Dubai. That's where they have those artificial islands, the Palm Islands I think it's called. Anyways I'd love it if Sega opened one up near me in New York. We have no arcades here, and none with rides.

People it's UAE, not Saudi Arabia.

Sorry, sir. Dubai is in United Arab Emirates, isn't it. Some other people were calling it Saudi Arabia, though so I guess I got confused (originally, I mixed it up with a city in India!). I'm horrible at geography, I can tell you where a country is but nothing about cities! Sorry again! :)

Sorry, sir. Dubai is in United Arab Emirates, isn't it. Some other people were calling it Saudi Arabia, though so I guess I got confused (originally, I mixed it up with a city in India!). I'm horrible at geography, I can tell you where a country is but nothing about cities! Sorry again! :)

Oops. Seems I owe an apology to SEGA and their fans.

I still don't see why it wouldn't of been smarter about making a theme park in America though, let alone Europe. There are more Sonic fans in both places than EUA. Why make a theme park unavailable to the fans who matter? Seems to me like another SEGA World.

Edited by GREG THE CAT
  • Bad Quality Post 2