Awoo.

SEGA Republic site is up with Robotnik's SPINGEAR

SchemingMinor

I still don't see why it wouldn't of been smarter about making a theme park in America though, let alone Europe. There are more Sonic fans in both places than EUA. Why make a theme park unavailable to the fans who matter? Seems to me like another SEGA World.

Because in America and Europe, you would not get the government or even local government support to build one as easy as you do in Dubai.

Dubai has become as profitable as it is by the government giving people the money to build super projects and then charging astronomical rent after the first few years. This is true in all areas from as something as extravagant as a 7 star hotel, to a foreign national settling down for residence.

In America and Europe however, you would not get government support to construct a theme park as easy, you would need a lot of cash yourself for stuff such as planning permission and any subsequent objection battles. Then theres the actual construction of the park, much cheaper in Dubai, as is the cost to run the place.

But Dubai will eventually see it's money return when Sega have to pay the rent, and depending how the contract is worded, a big chunk of the construction costs too. Not to mention that when you consider the levels of tourism in Dubai and the potential revenue there, your profit percentage is likely to be much higher than a country which already has some world class attractions all competing for each other, especially when this park is not that big compared to even something like Sea World Orlando.

Why make a theme park unavailable to the fans who matter

...I think you should just stop in all honesty.

Edited by Casanova

Ahh, that place looks totally awesome!! I'd love to go, I'd save up, but I have a fear of getting on a plane and so does my mum, so I'll never manage it. ): Why does it have to be in such an awkward plaaace? ;_; Most of all, I want that Sonic statue on top of the Sonic Hopper! I wonder what the gift shop is like...

• 4 weeks later...

Wellity, wellity, wellity. Look what we have here....

This is not the one where Robotnik goes over the safety procedures, but it's close! Give a big thanks to this person for uploading it.

Wow! That was a fantastic little video. As a Sonic fan (the character) I especially loved the part where he started chasing the cart, then charged a spindash and zoomed off. Robotnik's appearance was pretty kickass to though :P. I wonder if these were done by VE Animation Studio...they're within SEGA and I'd say it's as good quality and in the same style as Unleashed was.

Eugh..... Something cool, and its in Saudi Arabia. The same place we're having a WAR?

Wait wait wait wait wait... did you seriously just confuse Saudi Arabia with Iraq?

• 1 year later...

If I am bumping this post, then you know I must have found something important...

(and besides this find, no matter how awesome it is doesn't warrant a post of its own.)

I found a quarter of the Safety Procedure video on YouTube. However the person recording it didn't stick around for long (why?) and the noise in the background makes the dialogue barely audible ( NO GOOD! O-KAAAAAY! something from Robotnik is all I can make out.)

Feast your eyes on how to get into a coaster:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQJ7uAONE6E&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Still looking for leads to a full video. Any help is appreciated.

Well this looks awesome, but unless I win the lottery I doubt I'll be able to afford going there. >.>

Still, that sounds like a great vacation...

• 2 years later...

Eggman Interstellar Amusement Park returns once again!

also the line after "excuse me" is "for the sake of peace"

Edited by Soniman

Oooo, awesome upload indeed!

It's a real shame there's not a place closer to me with as lucrative conditions as Dubai's got... ah well. I can always hope that maybe some day SEGA will cut a deal with Disney to get a ride going there. Snowball's chance in Hell but who knows? I think Sonic could work well with the brand, my only beef would be it's almost certain Disney would inevitably try to buy out SEGA at that point. Once you're in the Disney orbit, the pull gets stronger until you hit the ground below.

Eggman really does seem like a pretty awesome ride adviser, and if Sonic had the sufficient demand, I'd absolutely love for an actual amusement park to exist simply so there'd be buckets of these around. :P

So it's true. Sonic cares less for safety and wants to kill everyone. Just as I suspected. :P

Thanks for finding these.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a thought: Are this and Sonic Spinball identical minus the theming? I mean, the track layout if obviously different, but is one faster than the other or are they identical rides?