Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

This is good news. It will garner greater interest in Sonic, which means new fans and hopefully new games. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

This is good news. It will garner greater interest in Sonic, which means new fans and hopefully new games. 

I agree! I just hope that this series is good!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I agree! I just hope that this series is good!

Do we have any idea who will becin it aside from Sonic? Any announcements on the cast of characters? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Do we have any idea who will becin it aside from Sonic? Any announcements on the cast of characters? 

No.  The only thing we know so far is that it's going to be a fully CGI series.

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd be shocked if at least Tails, Amy and Knuckles weren't in it also Shadow because regardless of anything Shadow still brings in viewers. 

I personally hope for Rouge to be in it because I'm a fanboy and I could see Silver being in eventually. I don't think they're going to like cram everyone into every episode but I can see the majority of the characters being in the series. 

Also personally I kinda hope they use the Boom designs and just make that the default cartoon design and honestly there's enough lore in the cartoon that could be used in equally comedic and serious cartoons. I mean I doubt they will but I would figure that they'd maybe want to differentiate it from the mainline games 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I'd be shocked if at least Tails, Amy and Knuckles weren't in it also Shadow because regardless of anything Shadow still brings in viewers. 

I personally hope for Rouge to be in it because I'm a fanboy and I could see Silver being in eventually. I don't think they're going to like cram everyone into every episode but I can see the majority of the characters being in the series. 

Also personally I kinda hope they use the Boom designs and just make that the default cartoon design and honestly there's enough lore in the cartoon that could be used in equally comedic and serious cartoons. I mean I doubt they will but I would figure that they'd maybe want to differentiate it from the mainline games 

I just hope that they portray Shadow right if he is in this series.  Lately, SEGA seems to think that Shadow only exists to be a moody character and that's not who he is at all.  Maybe this series will help explore more into Shadow's character (that's if SEGA allows that to happen, depending on whether or not they have control over the new series).

While I liked the Boom designs for Sonic, Tails and Amy (not for Knuckles), I doubt that SEGA would deal with Sonic Boom again due to the failure of their video game series, even if the TV series was pretty successful.

• Thumbs Up 1

i’m hoping it balances comedy & seriousness the same way sonic X did i think it had a great balance & maybe shove some of the meta humor sonic boom had when the series poked fun of itself but nothing else from that show 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/27/2020 at 8:02 PM, SBR2 said:

That's because I am the Ultimate Lifeform! 😛 

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m excited I have finish all of sonic x boom and adventures of sonic the hedgehog I’m excited for a new cartoon I wonder what it will be about?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, espio said:

i’m hoping it balances comedy & seriousness the same way sonic X did i think it had a great balance & maybe shove some of the meta humor sonic boom had when the series poked fun of itself but nothing else from that show 

That's what I would like to see from this new show!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

I seriously hope they do the characters justice. No idiotic punching bag Knuckles or tryhard edgelord Shadow or crazed fangirl Amy. Don't bring that flanderized mess to the cartoon.

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, Mountaindewandsprite said:

I seriously hope they do the characters justice. No idiotic punching bag Knuckles or tryhard edgelord Shadow or crazed fangirl Amy. Don't bring that flanderized mess to the cartoon.

I hope they fix those characters in the cartoons.  Just let the characters develop naturally and don't flanderized the negative aspects of their characters.  Like, I don't want to see Knuckles' naivety be played up to ridiculous degrees again (Sonic Boom) or see Shadow being a jerk most of the time (IDW Comics) or Amy doing nothing but clinging on to Sonic (most of the games).  Give them some depths to their characters.

Edited by Rabbitearsblog
  • Thumbs Up 2

Betcha it's a show about the adventures of baby/kid Sonic from the movies. Sonic's raised by Longclaw or whatever and learns a lesson or something, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, azoo said:

Betcha it's a show about the adventures of baby/kid Sonic from the movies. Sonic's raised by Longclaw or whatever and learns a lesson or something, lol.

I kinda doubt that consideringthat the image featured Modern Sonic in it and the insider said it would be Modern Sonic. I wouldn't be surprised to see some elements of the movie like his weird electrical Flash powers and Longclaw though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nope. They haven't even Tweeted out the original announcement again. 

The most recent bit of info came from Ian Flynn on Bumblekast saying the show won't be based on the IDW comic. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

Nope. They haven't even Tweeted out the original announcement again. 

The most recent bit of info came from Ian Flynn on Bumblekast saying the show won't be based on the IDW comic. 

Hmm, at least a teasee poster with a title would be prudent tell artists whip out an offical one. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Hmm, at least a teasee poster with a title would be prudent tell artists whip out an offical one. 

The original tweet was obviously put out in error. Just be patient. They'll announce it and share details in due course. 

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

They probably haven't started on the series yet, which is probably why there hasn't been any official material released about the series.

• Thumbs Up 3

15 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

The original tweet was obviously put out in error. Just be patient. They'll announce it and share details in due course. 

Is it a Netflix original series according to the tweet? Or is it just airing on Netflix? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it a Netflix original series according to the tweet? Or is it just airing on Netflix? 

I don't think they mentioned that yet.  It would be interesting to see if Netflix owned the rights to this show and what they would do with the show.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2021/01/tyson-hesse-confirms-he-is-not-involved-in-sonic-netflix-show/

Are we really surprised about hearing Tyson Hesse is not involved? After hearing this is a CGI show animated by WildBrain and produced by Man of Action? 

It's not that they don't want fans on-board, SEGA has often proved otherwise, but as you guys also said, Tyson is very busy on other projects, Sonic and other stuff.

I'm more curious about him doing, besides Sonic 2 movie, a new series of shorts to promote the next game. That would make more sense. I'm waiting... I love his shorts.

I won't comment on the Classic Sonic statement, I have mixed feelings about it, if they want to keep that sub-series as a special event thing it's okay, the split was caused by fans asking for the original Sonic design.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Jack-ted said:

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2021/01/tyson-hesse-confirms-he-is-not-involved-in-sonic-netflix-show/

Are we really surprised about hearing Tyson Hesse is not involved? After hearing this is a CGI show animated by WildBrain and produced by Man of Action? 

It's not that they don't want fans on-board, SEGA has often proved otherwise, but as you guys also said, Tyson is very busy on other projects, Sonic and other stuff.

I'm more curious about him doing, besides Sonic 2 movie, a new series of shorts to promote the next game. That would make more sense. I'm waiting... I love his shorts.

I won't comment on the Classic Sonic statement, I have mixed feelings about it, if they want to keep that sub-series as a special event thing it's okay, the split was caused by fans asking for the original Sonic design.

This honestly doesn't bother me because at the end of the day, Tyson is just one guy and there are many Sonic fans out there who could tackle the show if they are allowed to.  My concern is who are they hiring to write the show and what will the show be about exactly?  If they hire writers who are not good at writing characters and plot, even if they don't know anything about Sonic, then the show will fail regardless.  Also, what if the plot is not really something that's attached to the Sonic franchise, like we don't see Sonic and Friends fighting against Eggman in most of the episodes?  All I hope for this show is that it's well written.

• Thumbs Up 1

Story is confirmed to focus on the multiverse. 

Netflix, SEGA of America, Inc. (“SEGA”), and WildBrain announce a new animated Sonic the Hedgehog series, Sonic Prime, set to premiere worldwide in 2022.  
The 24-episode animated adventure for kids, families, and long-time fans draws upon the keystones of the brand and features the “Blue Blur” of video game fame in a high-octane adventure where the fate of a strange new multiverse rests in his gloved hands. Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption. 
The series will be animated at WildBrain’s Vancouver studio, and SEGA and WildBrain will jointly participate across production, distribution and licensing. Man of Action Entertainment, creators of Ben 10 and the characters and team in the Academy Award-winning feature Big Hero 6, have been brought on as showrunners and Executive Producers for the series.  

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Way Past Cool 1

That name makes me think there might be some multidimensional stuff going on here. This might be real interesting.

• Thumbs Up 1