Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

10 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So that means that it's possible that we might see some episodes before the official release date?

No, we won't get more than a trailer prior to it coming out.

But when it does come out, they might drop half a season worth of episodes rather than one episode a week. Netflix shows follow both models so, there is a chance when the waiting is finally over, there is a chance that we'll have more episodes ready to watch than we know what to do with.

Either way, should be sometime this year. The smug marketing expert in me would hover around the Nov 8th date - to synergize with Frontiers. but anytime directly before or after that would have similar impact.

If this thing is slated to drop in early November, we could be waiting until October before news drops. That would still be perfectly normal.

EDIT

Just for comparisons sake, Netflix dropped the trailer for the "Rise of the TMNT" movie kinda out of the blue on July 6 and then released it on Aug 5. That's about a month for a series with a similar target demographic.

Sonic Prime will likely follow a similar trajectory.

• Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

No, we won't get more than a trailer prior to it coming out.

But when it does come out, they might drop half a season worth of episodes rather than one episode a week. Netflix shows follow both models so, there is a chance when the waiting is finally over, there is a chance that we'll have more episodes ready to watch than we know what to do with.

Either way, should be sometime this year. The smug marketing expert in me would hover around the Nov 8th date - to synergize with Frontiers. but anytime directly before or after that would have similar impact.

If this thing is slated to drop in early November, we could be waiting until October before news drops. That would still be perfectly normal.

EDIT

Just for comparisons sake, Netflix dropped the trailer for the "Rise of the TMNT" movie kinda out of the blue on July 6 and then released it on Aug 5. That's about a month for a series with a similar target demographic.

Sonic Prime will likely follow a similar trajectory.

Interesting...

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope they don't make Sonic a selfish, unlikeable jerk in this show. Especially after how he was written in the movies and Frontiers!

• Thumbs Up 1

We’ll that already…..doesn’t sound like Sonic, sounds like Fleetway Sonic I guess but not one that sounds appealing right off the bad. Hope the synopsis is just playing it up 

• Thumbs Up 1

It makes sense. Sonic, as he in the games, is pretty much already a perfect role-model, so they're starting him off as a more unlikeable character who has room to grow so he can develop back into his default self. If this was an alternate continuity it'd make more sense, but this is a game-adjacent Sonic like IDW's, who's supposedly already gone through everything, so him regressing (to.. before Sonic 1?) now is odd.

Maybe it's a meta commentary on how he in the Pontaff-written games? I wouldn't describe him like that in those.

54 minutes ago, Graystripe2000 said:

Plot now confirmed fake. 

I thought it was fake.  IMDB is notorious for making up stuff on the fly.  Until I hear from Netflix themselves (which won't be until a long time), then any plot leaks regarding Sonic Prime is to be taken with a grain of salt. 

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Safe to say we'll be getting a trailer between now and December. Begin making your bets, people!

Winter 2022. Probably December then (With a trailer in November).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Jake_LeOFFICIAL said:

Guarantee you they're gonna make more episodes if it's a hit 

Yeah, if this show ends up doing double the numbers for Netflix, then I can see Netflix greenlighting a second season.

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Great, MORE new friends! What about his old friends? Are they going to be relegated to extras and cameos in this show?!

Poor Tails. Why doesn't Sega just retire him at this point?!

You think maybe you're panicking too early and much over this? Nothing suggests that this means that the old friends are suddenly ousted.

• Thumbs Up 5

1 hour ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Great, MORE new friends! What about his old friends? Are they going to be relegated to extras and cameos in this show?!

Jeez, Going to pieces over a nothing burger.

We've seen concept art showing off "new friends". Its probably just referring to Cave Amy and Kitsune Tails and whatever other variants of characters Sonic is going to run into.

Nothing we didn't already know was coming.

• Thumbs Up 5

20 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Yeah, if this show ends up doing double the numbers for Netflix, then I can see Netflix greenlighting a second season.

Actually, IIRC, the show is already 24 episodes, and they'll probably split it and call the other half "season 2".

• Thumbs Up 4

3 minutes ago, The Great Egg Emperor said:

More than likely, it'll be alternate universe versions of Sonic's regular friends.

That too, yeah.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Eh... yeah, I wouldn't exAAAAAAAAAACTLY be calling these friends "new".

Spoiler

But yeah, I hear ya. Between this and Frontiers, it seems Sega is determined to make our real boi as useless as possible. Mind you, it's still too early to call... but if our Tails ain't even in this, then Netflix can go screw one.

Ah well. There's... there's always his 35th birthday, I guess... ;_) 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, MGA_Gamer said:

Wow overact much?

• Thumbs Up 1