Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

I’ve just finished watching the whole Season 1 and It’s very different I watched the first episode and I wasn’t keen at first then after watching a few more episodes I started to enjoy watching It. Looking forward to the next season.

Am I the only one bummed that Sonic Prime doesn't have a proper "opening" intro/sequence? 

Other than that (and some other minor issues), enjoying the ride so far - although only part of the way through. 

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

Am I the only one bummed that Sonic Prime doesn't have a proper "opening" intro/sequence?

That did surprise me too. SonicX's opening is pretty much icon status and launched the "Gotta go Fast" phenomenon. They could have tried to claim the next big thing lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

That did surprise me too. SonicX's opening is pretty much icon status and launched the "Gotta go Fast" phenomenon. They could have tried to claim the next big thing lol.

Is there any Netflix show that has a theme song?

6 hours ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

Other than that (and some other minor issues), enjoying the ride so far - although only part of the way through. 

I was hoping for one, but this is a Netflix original so I knew it was almost definitely not gonna have one. Quite like the ending tune though I gotta say!

I have no idea why this show is getting so much flack when fans will defend a lot of pretty bad writing from the series even inconsistent stuff like characterizations. I know every part of the franchise has their own haterbases, but this seems to be much more prevalent like this actually did wrong by the franchise like Pontaff.

This show does not seem to have anything standout beyond the very rushed pacing in the Boscage episodes, and Thorn Rose could have really used more time.

I will not comment on other variants as there are only 5 worlds in this show so we are likely to go back to them later this season.

On 12/22/2022 at 10:36 PM, MetalSkulkBane said:

Not everyone Alternative version of character will be a well though out reflection of the character.
In Pirate World, Knuckles is main character. Piracy can be seen as different take on Treasure Hunting. But Tails and Amy are here, because... they have to be here. That's it. Don't overthink it. If it fits (Rouge being thief, Big being... sea oriented) that's bonus. But sometimes things just are

It's not really a matter of things just being as they are, but the idea isn’t necessarily communicated clearly to everyone watching 

22 hours ago, Slashy said:

I have no idea why this show is getting so much flack when fans will defend a lot of pretty bad writing from the series even inconsistent stuff like characterizations. I know every part of the franchise has their own haterbases, but this seems to be much more prevalent like this actually did wrong by the franchise like Pontaff.

This show does not seem to have anything standout beyond the very rushed pacing in the Boscage episodes, and Thorn Rose could have really used more time.

I will not comment on other variants as there are only 5 worlds in this show so we are likely to go back to them later this season.

I thought this show was getting a lot of love, especially with how they handled Shadow so far.

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I thought this show was getting a lot of love, especially with how they handled Shadow so far.

Lots of complaints about Sonic's characterization and it being canon.

3 hours ago, Slashy said:

Lots of complaints about Sonic's characterization and it being canon.

Yeah, I think those are the only complaints about the show so far.  But they didn't really hit the show hard.

I liked the show. It wasn't great but it has potential

Good:

• Rouge was good (all variants)
  • Pirate Knuckles was good
  • Shadow was great (when he appeared)
  • The animation was great
  • Story line has potential

Bad:

• Comedy was awful - I can't remember smiling or laughing at any attempt at comedy
  • Big felt forced in 
  • Shadow was barely in it - hopefully the next batch will fix it
  • Other variants of Knuckles weren't to my taste - found them dull
  • They made other variants of Amy OP for some reason
  • Sonic is more immature and dumbed down
  • Nice Smile 1

Just finished ""Season 1"", and it was pretty good! Made me chuckle a few times. The action scenes are some of the best there've been in any Sonic media. Looking forward to the next batch

4 hours ago, Razule said:

Just finished ""Season 1"", and it was pretty good! Made me chuckle a few times. The action scenes are some of the best there've been in any Sonic media. Looking forward to the next batch

I'm excited for season 2 too!

• Thumbs Up 1

I've been seeing reports that "season 2" is coming around May-June!??

There's no way they'd make us wait that long! I'd expect February at the earliest.

9 hours ago, Austroid said:

I've been seeing reports that "season 2" is coming around May-June!??

There's no way they'd make us wait that long! I'd expect February at the earliest.

Were those just rumors?  Because, if they already had all 26 episodes made, then they shouldn't delay season 2 that far in.

On 12/27/2022 at 2:01 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

Were those just rumors?  Because, if they already had all 26 episodes made, then they shouldn't delay season 2 that far in.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't from an official statement, so "grain of salt" and all that stuff. But they'd be crazy to not keep the ball rolling with all the praise its gotten.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/24/2022 at 7:01 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

Yeah, I think those are the only complaints about the show so far.  But they didn't really hit the show hard.

Define "canon" here. 

So, when do you think that the second season of Sonic Prime will come out?  My prediction is that it will come out in February of next year.

Just finished what we've arleady got and it was ok, I guess. I don't have a problem with being canon, maybe because most of the story took place in the alternative timelines anyway. I liked the characters, comedy scenes avoided bigger cringe and the overall look is just very ok. Maybe it's not something big like Sonic X, but it doesn't have to and that's fine.

I heard Deven Mack said on a Discord they finished animating episode 10 or 11, don't quote me on that but it sounds like they are far from finishing the next batch.

Re-watching the series, few more notes on New Yolk episodes

- They have exactly 4 background models: male dog, male raccoon and two cats (?) male and female. They're sometimes recolored or re-dressed, but often you can find twins or triples in one shoot.

- It's really odd how they establish rings, only to drop them later (pun slightly intended). I mean, what they even do? Sonic seems to take punch without them.

- Dr. Bubbles introduction almost works. His laughter is kinda sadistic, he has this weird spooky theme song, it has "something is wrong" feel. And his mech looks even more egg like than other, which makes sense. Baby, non-hatchet egg.
But also he pulls about a rattle, Sonic questions how's that dangerous and then gets his with OTHER fist. Come on, how do you mess simple set up like this?

- I still love everything about Nine's introduction. Although if I can be nitpicky, Rouge's flashback implies that New Yolk is a recent thing. So how Tails grow up in a dark bad world? Either Rouge and Knuckles don't age or Nine made his cyborg parts before Eggman took over.

- Egg Yolk version of Big is "Denizen 1998", cute SA1 reference

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

2 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

But also he pulls about a rattle, Sonic questions how's that dangerous and then gets his with OTHER fist. Come on, how do you mess simple set up like this?

I thought that was cute. Rattles are basically distractions on a stick, so sucker punching Sonic while he was caught looking was a great baby tactic. 

Can't say i care much for the character, but it was amusing how it implied that Babble was the most ruthless and aggressive of all the council.