Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

1 hour ago, ShinyGems said:

About the character, Nine...

Hide contents

So, does the ending of Season 2 mean Nine is the main villain of Sonic Prime, Season 3 in any way, shape or form?

Spoiler

Nah. I will be absolutely shocked if Nine is kept the main villain. He'll probably just be a enemy until Sonic makes up with him at some point.

Prime Eggman I think will end up being the main villain. The fact that he just isn't in the ghost Green Hill is far too suspicious. By all accounts - if he was struck like everyone else, a ghostly Eggman would be within that cave, roaring at non-existent badniks to destroy everyone.

Given somehow the Chaos Council knew about Eggman to create that titan form, I think Part 3 will reveal he's been behind the council and that's how the five variants ultimately came together.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just saw this batch of episodes and I really enjoyed them!  This season had much more action that the first season and Shadow was written very well!

Spoiler

I really loved Chaos Sonic as he seemed like Shard to me, being a Metal Sonic who has more personality.  I'm also surprised that most of the alternative universe versions of Sonic's friends are becoming enemies towards him, mostly Dread and now Nine.  And of course, the finale of Nine turning his back on Sonic was really shocking and heartbreaking to me. 

Now, I'm really excited for the next set of episodes!

• Thumbs Up 2

Man, these episodes really flew by! For some reason I assumed this "season" would be the end of the show, but was pleasantly surprised that there's still so much story left! 

Spoiler

A bit of a letdown that we still haven't seen "Prime Eggy" since the start of the show. The giant Shard Eggman shooting mouth beams was kind of cool and low-key creepy, but its odd that he looked like Prime Eggman. Unless...

(I'm betting "As long as I'm around, you'll ALWAYS have a wingman!" will be a new tag on the forums header lol)

10 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:
  Hide contents

Nah. I will be absolutely shocked if Nine is kept the main villain. He'll probably just be a enemy until Sonic makes up with him at some point.

Prime Eggman I think will end up being the main villain. The fact that he just isn't in the ghost Green Hill is far too suspicious. By all accounts - if he was struck like everyone else, a ghostly Eggman would be within that cave, roaring at non-existent badniks to destroy everyone.

Given somehow the Chaos Council knew about Eggman to create that titan form, I think Part 3 will reveal he's been behind the council and that's how the five variants ultimately came together.

Spoiler

Yeah, I did say in any way, shape or form, which meant “if kinda”. I should have made that more clear, though.

What are the chances we will actually see the Chaotix? Love those guys, so I'd like to see them but I reckon it's unlikely. Unless this show continues after season 3, then maybe?

52 minutes ago, juiceDpunk983 said:

What are the chances we will actually see the Chaotix? Love those guys, so I'd like to see them but I reckon it's unlikely. Unless this show continues after season 3, then maybe?

I would love to see the Chaotix appear in this show. But unless Sonic Prime gets a Season 4 anytime in the future, it looks like it's unlikely.  But, I could be wrong about this.  They might show up unexpectedly in the next batch of episodes.

Mr. Dr. Eggman stole the show with one line. " Yes, Yes you did." And " And whole new world, and another shard haahaahaaahaaaa. Wonderful." This batch of episodes really sells the show.

1 minute ago, Remynaka said:

Mr. Dr. Eggman stole the show with one line. " Yes, Yes you did." And " And whole new world, and another shard haahaahaaahaaaa. Wonderful." This batch of episodes really sells the show.

Yeah, I think that these batch of episodes were way better than the previous batch.

Just finished binging. The glorious first episode aside, I put it on the same level as "sub-season" 1. It's good, solid, but far great. Some things are done better, some worse.

First, let's rip the band-aid. No new Shatterplaces. No new Sonic friends. No development for Rouge. Clearly, last 8 episodes will be the same.
Shadow is still around; does some action, some snark, some talking about trust. But ultimately he serves no purpose and could have been easily written out.

Also, I'm tired of Sonic punching the same-looking robots over and over. And because he keeps fighting fodder, it feels so odd when Sonic loses, not due to the strength of his enemy, but to numbers. Is Sonic a killbot?

Episodes 2-4: Jungle & Pirates (mostly a low point)

Spoiler

- It's nothing but extended action. Good action, but see above.
- Dread betrayal seemed like a decent twist, but ultimately served just to prolong the story. And after that point, I CAN'T STAND HIM. He can't go 2 lines without mentioning "me beauty", it gets annoying fast.
- Chaos Council members get solo time to shine and completely fail to use it. Two of them don't even have mechs, lame. I don't hate them, only the wasted potential. I just know a better writer could make them so much funnier. A real shame, the Unspoken Golden Rule says Eggman is always the best character in every Sonic media.
- Only positive I have is the redemption of Rusty. I question how she can turn good. Was she always willingly working for Council? Does that mean they never brainwashed her... but Nine did???
Other than that, it's played very well. Starts as simple revenge, Black Rose doesn't like her, which turns into rivalry, then helping out and appreciation, till friendship. Impressive how organic it feels in mere 2 episodes.

Episodes 5-6: New Yolk (what they done to my boy!?)

Spoiler

- A bit padded, but things are escalating. Nice moments with Nine, yada yada. Appreciate how Mr Dr Eggman manipulated him and stuff.
- WHAT THOSE BASTARDS DID TO METAL SONIC? THE AUDACITY! THE NERVE! THE SLANDER! GIMME MY SPOOKY EVIL EYES. NOSE SHARP ENOUGH TO STAB TO DEATH. BURNING HATRED! WHERE IS MY COLD MURDER MACHINE STRAIGHT FROM TERMINATOR SCHOOL?
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEETAL!!!!
- Siiiiiigh. I mean "Chaos". Chaos Sonic. Simply a terrible name. Design fine, whatever.
Putting my feeling on Metal aside, I wanted something new to punch, and he puts up a really nice fight. And while Sonic had many evil counterparts, none of them copies his "smart mouth, annoy his enemies" strategy. So points for an overused trope somehow used in a new way.
But he's sooo annoying. Intentionally annoying is still annoying. They clearly aimed for Deadpool, a mouth that never shuts up rambling about random stuff. But some people don't seem to get that there is actually art to this, one that writer of this episode didn't master. And he dies in one episode, which is both relief and annoyance. That really makes him feel like a distraction, not the main part of the plot. Why not introduce him at the start of this sub-season? Someone who keeps defeating Sonic, until he teams up with his buddy Nine, winning with the good old power of friendship?

Episode 7-8: Climax (saw it coming)

Spoiler

- We get one last loop around the 3 main Shatterspaces, a nice little setpiece, with all friends and enemies clashing together. The climax in Ghost Hill would be better if all Egg-guys had their mechs (seriously, at least Mr Dr Eggman, had a mech before), but it works. Giant Eggman brings questions but I'm 90% sure it was just a money-saving maneuver, not foreshadowing. Prism Sonic is fine.

- Of course, the heart of this story is Nine. I like how he reacts, seeing all friends Sonic made (and enemies), facing the ghost of The Tails and everything. Kinda wish he exchanges some lines with Shadow. They are similar in view of life, it would be neat.

But it was obvious to me where the story is going. Sonic talked waaaaay too much about how great buddies they are, it just begged for tragedy. And mention "the real Tails". Just ow. Nine must think Sonic only sees him as a placeholder for his "real" friend. Poor guy.

(Side note, recent cartoons really love the "Hero's best friend betrays him and kinda becomes the main villain" trope. I can point to 6 cartoons that did it since 2017. She-Ra is one example, but others are more spoiler-ish).

In the end, I only have one big problem with the climax. Show refuses to answer a simple question: will fixing Green Hill kill all other dimensions?

Spoiler

If yes, Sonic would not do it. Nine has all the reasons to defend himself, except Sonic would not pull the trigger.

But if not... what's the drama again? Why does Nine refuse to help? He can take Prism with him afterward. It's gonna be much safer with him in Grim, than in Green Hill with Eggman, no problem. Is he just being petty?

I suppose in fixing Green Hill might destroy Prism and Nine needs it for himself, but nothing implied that.

And that's not a minor plot nitpick. The whole drama hinges on this.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

will fixing Green Hill kill all other dimensions?

I was wondering this too.

Spoiler

However, when the world was restored for a second Tails Nine still existed... I think.

Resolution to it willl probably be 

Spoiler

Them either finding a way for, or realizing that the Shatterverse will continue to exist when the prime dimension is restored. 

I felt This season was more focused than the first, since all but one shatterspace had been already introduced. A lot of fun Action sequences, animation felt really good. 

Spoiler

- Chaos Sonic was pretty amusing to me, and a neat way to diversify what sonic was fighting. He went out quick, kinda hope he returns (and I think it’d be amusing to see and hear what happens if Shadow intercepts him.

- Kinda bummed that Nine just fixed Sonic’s ability to touch the shards just like that. I really liked the idea that maybe Sonic had to use his speed to wear down the barrier to pass the shard to Shadow. But it works.

- I’m wondering they’ll touch more on the deepest part of the Void next season? We saw the Chaos Emerald fall there, and Shadow explained it to Sonic, so I wonder if it’s gonna come back into play or if Shadow almost falling into it was all we need to concern ourselves with in regards to it.

- I knew there’d be a twist like with Nine, and man, I kept wondering “Where’s the turn? Where’s the turn?” And then that last scene. Sucker punch. Does make one curious what the actual fate of the Shatterspaces would be. I..kinda like that they haven’t said for sure yet, so it’s like “well, who is gonna be right? What will actually happen when it’s put back together? Will the original friends remember any of this?”

- my boy, Shadow. So satisfying watching him, listening to how he actually interacts with people, and Ian Hanlin has been doing a really good job on his voice. I really liked the detail that Sonic didn’t even really doubt that Shadow survived/escaped that large cannon shot. “You could be like twins.” “Twins? I’m the ultimate life form.” “Ah, don’t listen to him.” Man, I would love to see how his fighting would’ve been if he still had an Emerald.

It was a good, fun watch for me. Looking forward to seeing how it ends.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just got done watching Season 2 last night and I loved every minute of It especially a lot the fighting scene's as well I enjoyed watching too. The comedy moments In each section just made me laugh which I haven't laughed like that In a while since watching Sonic Boom.

Overall Season 2 was so joyful to watch I hope they do a Season 3 to conclude Sonic Prime and hopefully be on Blu Ray & DVD.

4 hours ago, sonicclaasic said:

Just got done watching Season 2 last night and I loved every minute of It especially a lot the fighting scene's as well I enjoyed watching too. The comedy moments In each section just made me laugh which I haven't laughed like that In a while since watching Sonic Boom.

Overall Season 2 was so joyful to watch I hope they do a Season 3 to conclude Sonic Prime and hopefully be on Blu Ray & DVD.

About the Season 3 thing, apparently, the Swedish voice actor for Sonic in the movies and Prime posted this.

image.thumb.png.4c529af1a3ef4bc8c4eff83f80cbf26b.png

Apparently, there will be a shipping event, too.

• Promotion 2

13 minutes ago, ShinyGems said:

About the Season 3 thing, apparently, the Swedish voice actor for Sonic in the movies and Prime posted this.

That's great news about Season 3 thanks for posting this 😊👍

2 minutes ago, sonicclaasic said:

That's great news about Season 3 thanks for posting this 😊👍

No problem. Anytime. I personally can't wait for Season 3 to happen.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ShinyGems said:

No problem. Anytime. I personally can't wait for Season 3 to happen.

Same here I don't know why but I never been excited about a Sonic TV show like Sonic Prime for a while. I love the action the comedy and the humour of characters too.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, ShinyGems said:

This is rare for me, as I honestly don't get into this type of discussion. 'Cause it's kinda whatever for me, especially with how extreme some people get with such discussions. Which I DO NOT want to deal with.

But if anything, my money's on Sonic & Amy. Considering it's been teased or implied here & there, for as long as Amy's existed. Across different pieces of media. Boom, X, I think IDW, even Frontiers did it with monologues. Soo...yeah.

Now, if you excuse me. I'm gonna leave now, 'cause I probably just ticked off a bunch of people.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got done watching the last episode of season 2. The animations are still as delightful as ever to watch however a few choices in the show still irk me slightly and hoping things would adjust in the second season. While some things have, others haven't. I have to be up front with this before I unload my big stonking nitpick cannon: I really REALLY enjoy the characters and animation. They stand out from one another without feeling samey.

Also: Immafirinmahlazaaaahh!! shooooopdawhoooop!

So let's pro-con this bit. In spoilers of course for those who haven't watched season 2 yet.

Spoiler

Pro's

- Animation and dialogue still remains good and tuned into one another. This is harder than it looks because I don't know if the VA cast ever got to see the animations while they're voicing their lines. I can refer to the last interview with the Sonic Frontiers cast that sometimes they don't even get to see what kind of situation they are in, literally going in blind besides the direction given by the director.

- People from the other shatterspaces actively traveling to the other shatterrealms. They don't shy away from it, sure in season 1 Rusty Rose was the first to head into No Place and encountering Black Rose, but that caused a glitch in their behavior for a moment. Still they don't shy away from enjoying the thought of having them intermingle... even though the con to this is that they almost entirely skipped the glitch part and now they just gawk at each other in confusion. Dulling the impact of what two or three dimensions colliding has on the individual versions.

And that versions of each other don't have to be buddy buddy all the time (Rusty Rose & Black Rose VS Dread and Knucks). k

- Shadow might be the only character I just still don't get. Kinda like "not my shadow" type feeling. He's abrasive, which fine, but his grumpy attitude is more set to violence than usual and I had a real hard time watching season 1 where every scene he's smashing stuff, breaking things and if he isn't depicted in a scene where he wasn't throwing hands at Sonic it was a rarity. Season 2 cleans that up a lot more with his temper cooled realizing he can't do anything himself so HAS to trust Sonic to do the lifting. He's by no means powerless in the realms he can get into, but where the lifting needs done he's locked out.
He's also arguably the only one who understands Nine, because they are so similar and had every right to distrust Nine's motives.

- Nine. Bias aside. I REALLY liked the conclusion where Nine puts Sonic's head on straight that he is as real as any one else of the shatter spaces. To them they ARE real, not some cheap knock off copies of the Prime. Shadow did warn Sonic, but Sonic had these rose tinted glasses on whenever he looks at Nine. Can't blame Sonic either, Nine and Prime Tails are incredibly similar other than Nine being very aloof and a distrusting loner due to circumstances.
"This is what Sonic believes is me? hah... we are nothing alike" as he looks at the glitched out Prime Tails. Oh Nine... hearing you say that is adorable.

Con's (a lot of nitpicks I share with @MetalSkulkBane)

- My biggest con up front: The cliffhangers.
Every ending of the episode is done on a dramatic cliff hanger closure but as soon as you load the next episode the 'dilemma' is resolved within 3 minutes of the opening. This kills any and all tension a cliffhanger is supposed to establish.

'the antagonist' has won or is about to do something large? reveal it was easily resolved or that the antagonist BLUNDERED again so the dramatic end was all hot air.

- Boscagemaze feels almost like an afterthought. Yes we get to fight in there a bit more, but the chief in charge is Thorn Rose and the rest of the gang are just there. Prim, Mangey, Hangry and Gnarly just feel kinda there. Unlike No Place where we have like @MetalSkulkBanementions: the change in loyalty of Rusty Rose besides the usual riffraff of keeping 'me beauty' out of the hands of the council which is good progression. Boscagemaze gets no such treatment.

- Chaos Sonic. While I like what they did with the character: a more obnoxious Sonic forcefully letting the original experience what it's like to be on the receiving end of his quips, but turned to 11. However it felt more like a shoehorned in way to get Metal Sonic in to this story, luckily not overstaying his welcome for too long. A refresher, but ONLY because the other bots have become incredibly bland.

- Dr. babble & dr. Deep. Same mechs, same styles, nothing changes. It's becoming a bit tedious. And on that same topic: Always the same Egg-forcer bots. Boy oh boy do they have about 50 3d printers stuck on a loop in New-yolk or what? There's no tension in the fights unless they throw something new... liiiiiike PRISM EGGMAN!

Place your bets on whether Mr. Dr. Eggman is...

Spoiler

really Prime Eggman in disguise; the giant Shard Eggman seems to heavily hint at this. Why wouldn't Shard Eggman have instead been a giant "Mr. Dr." instead of Prime Eggman? Really, what other in-world explanation could there be for the Shard Eggman to just so happen to look like Prime Eggy? I can imagine Sonic joking: "So you made up an alt. identity, and the best you could do was add "Mr." to your name!?" lolol, etc.

or...

Spoiler

is secretly working for Prime Eggman; unbeknownst to the rest of the council, and will likely be betrayed by Prime Eggy in the end.

I'm personally hoping for the former.

Just a heads up for people who don't have netflix - they went ahead and uploaded the second episode of S2 to their youtube channel to go along with the first.

On 7/19/2023 at 9:50 PM, Austroid said:

Place your bets on whether Mr. Dr. Eggman is...

Hide contents

really Prime Eggman in disguise; the giant Shard Eggman seems to heavily hint at this. Why wouldn't Shard Eggman have instead been a giant "Mr. Dr." instead of Prime Eggman? Really, what other in-world explanation could there be for the Shard Eggman to just so happen to look like Prime Eggy? I can imagine Sonic joking: "So you made up an alt. identity, and the best you could do was add "Mr." to your name!?" lolol, etc.

or...

Hide contents

is secretly working for Prime Eggman; unbeknownst to the rest of the council, and will likely be betrayed by Prime Eggy in the end.

I'm personally hoping for the former.

Wouldn't that be insane. 

Eeeh, I doubt that.

1) If Eggman was still around, he wouldn't work through pawns. Like, what he gains by doing so?

2) They knew nothing about Sonic

3) If everyone already forgot Sonic Boom, I want to remind that CGI shows have fewer assets to work with, so they use tricks to save money. Like reusing a model with minor changes.

Transformers Prime made new Dreadwing that was re-paint of old one. 2012 TMNT made "Chrome Dome", using Chris Bradford with helmet on. It happens.

Besides, Nine just took over as a mail villain from Council. Do you seriously expect yet another plot-twist take-over? It's far more likely Chaos Council will just take the power back somehow.

With that said, if I really wanted THE Eggman back I have controversial idea: the baby.

If Chaos Prism affected Eggman and turned him into Dr Babble, then he was hiding in a plain sight, but unable to really act. The moment he would get fixed he could upstage rest of the Council with ease.

No spoiler box, because 'm 90% sure that's not the case.

23 hours ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Eeeh, I doubt that.

1) If Eggman was still around, he wouldn't work through pawns. Like, what he gains by doing so?

2) They knew nothing about Sonic

3) If everyone already forgot Sonic Boom, I want to remind that CGI shows have fewer assets to work with, so they use tricks to save money. Like reusing a model with minor changes.

Transformers Prime made new Dreadwing that was re-paint of old one. 2012 TMNT made "Chrome Dome", using Chris Bradford with helmet on. It happens.

Besides, Nine just took over as a mail villain from Council. Do you seriously expect yet another plot-twist take-over? It's far more likely Chaos Council will just take the power back somehow.

With that said, if I really wanted THE Eggman back I have controversial idea: the baby.

If Chaos Prism affected Eggman and turned him into Dr Babble, then he was hiding in a plain sight, but unable to really act. The moment he would get fixed he could upstage rest of the Council with ease.

No spoiler box, because 'm 90% sure that's not the case.

There have been times when Eggy would take the easy way out by having others do the dirty work for him. Maybe he's watching/enjoying how the Council tries to deal with Sonic, while he sits back until the time comes? With the model reuse, I get that, but why not scale up a "Mr. Dr." version instead since he's the one who created it? Why use Prime Eggman's model when he hasn't been seen/relevant to the story (that we know of) since ep. 1?

(Though, Sonic's general non-reaction to Shard Eggman looking like his world's Eggy makes it feel like it was a last minute change, so who knows... But hey it makes for a fun discussion, right? Also that twist with him being stuck as Dr. Babble would be crazy in a good way lol)

Sonic Prime Returns to Netflix Global Top 10 After Second Season Debut

image-179.png

Glad to see Sonic Prime Season 2 on Netflix Global Top 10. Again I really enjoyed Season 2.

• Thumbs Up 2