Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

Just now, SonicWind said:

That name makes me think there might be some multidimensional stuff going on here. This might be real interesting.

It is.

https://www.wildbrain.com/newsreleases/sonic-the-hedgehog-speeds-over-to-netflix-in-the-all-new-animated-series-sonic-prime/

Netflix, SEGA of America, Inc. (“SEGA”), and WildBrain announce a new animated Sonic the Hedgehog series, Sonic Prime, set to premiere worldwide in 2022.  

The 24-episode animated adventure for kids, families, and long-time fans draws upon the keystones of the brand and features the “Blue Blur” of video game fame in a high-octane adventure where the fate of a strange new multiverse rests in his gloved hands. Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Hmmmmnope don't think I like that. Sonic's fragmented enough as it is, I don't think we need a series trying to deal with multiversal stuff.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Absolutely 1

What the Hell happened when i was gone! 

Sonic Prime, Epic name, hopefully meaning more epic games.

See things are finally starting to turn around for the better. (i hope)😝

it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption. " 

https://www.wildbrain.com/newsreleases/sonic-the-hedgehog-speeds-over-to-netflix-in-the-all-new-animated-series-sonic-prime/

If this is a promo for Amazon Prime! Not cool Sega! Not cool!

• Thumbs Up 1

It's funny because Sonic Prime is what normal Sonic was called in the Archie comics as the base version all the different versions across the dimensions spring from so I'm sure that's probably why it's called that.

Any chance for the Boom verse to return?

• Thumbs Up 5

Wait does this mean we are getting

3 minutes ago, Soniman said:

It's funny because Sonic Prime is what normal Sonic was called in the Archie comics as the base version all the different versions across the dimensions spring from so I'm sure that's probably why it's called that.

Any chance for the Boom verse to return?

A tie-in with all the universes this is awesome! (unless Classic comes back then no this is bad)

Sonic Boom was great for me it just wouldn't feel the same without Roger and Travis 

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

A story of redemption? What did Sonic do? Kill his parents? 😂

Im dying here, @Marcello. I was referencing my name but okay that works too. Sonic Underground why they couldn't find Sonic's mother he killed her.

XD

• Thumbs Up 2

This sounds pretty cool. I mean, I'd rather it was just called Sonic the Hedgehog and was like a CG animated version of the IDW comics, but at least it sounds like this won't just be aimed at very young audiences.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Absolutely 1

What if it actually acknowledges the old continuities? That would be SO rad. Like, imagine SatAM, AoStH, OVA, that one obscure manga, etc, getting acknowledged.

It's a pipe dream, but. Dang.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Fist Bump 1

When they mention Multiverse, I wonder if they mean...

1. the number of worlds he's been to in the games, including his world, the human world, sol dimension, storybook worlds, Planet Wisp, etc
  2. worlds based on other continuities, like AOSTH, SATAM, Archie, IDW, BOOM, etc
  3. A bunch of OC worlds and Zones created originally for this series
  4. All of thee above
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

1 minute ago, Mega said:

What if it actually acknowledges the old continuities? That would be SO rad. Like, imagine SatAM, AoStH, OVA, that one obscure manga, etc, getting acknowledged.

It's a pipe dream, but. Dang.

Hell is Sega finally aknowledeging the fans. If this is true the possiblilties are endless

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic or not, I'm so over multiverse stories. Hollywood is obsessed with them and convoluted timelines right now and I just don't give a fuck, like holy shit. 

But if I cast that aside, this actually sounds promising based on what very little we can glean. I'm cautiously optimistic. The logo is really awesome at any rate. And I still hope that this start a core cast of Sonic, Eggman, Tails, Knuckles, Amy and Shadow. I really want it to give focus to the characters we know already, rather than being only tenuously related to the games, which are of course the central pillar of Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 minutes ago, Sonictrainer said:

When they mention Multiverse, I wonder if they mean...

1. the number of worlds he's been to in the games, including his world, the human world, sol dimension, storybook worlds, Planet Wisp, etc
  2. worlds based on other continuities, like AOSTH, SATAM, Archie, IDW, BOOM, etc
  3. A bunch of OC worlds and Zones created originally for this series
  4. All of thee above

Probably a mix of 1 and 3. After the Penders stuff, I think SEGA prefers to err on the side of caution, unfortunately. Though, even before that I'm not sure such a crossover would've happened.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Marcello said:

Probably a mix of 1 and 3. After the Penders stuff, I think SEGA prefers to err on the side of caution, unfortunately. Though, even before that I'm not sure such a crossover would've happened.

Guess we'll wait and see what Sonic's design will look like first before wondering if Tangle & Whisper will show up

• Thumbs Up 1

So....this being multiverse show...this is about to be a continuity reboot isn't it. 

This is Flashpoint guys.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Not sure what they’d need to be cautious of when they own most of the licensed work. Who’d really be in a position to make a lawsuit against them over that? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh since this is a multiverse show, they can actually have every Sonic voice actor to date be in it. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Multiverse, eh? Well, I guess the 30th anniversary is as good a time as any to make a story around the various interpretations this series has gotten over the years. I'm just glad we finally got something to look forward to even if it's not coming until next year.

• Thumbs Up 2

The title is already getting parodies XD

So far i've gotten 

Transformers, Amazon and Metriod Prime Wow that's alot of Prime just add Sonic to the list!

I don't think the creators understand the Pandora's Box they've opened with this. 

A multiverse means they can do literally ANYTHING, and justify it with space/time bullshit. 

Wow damn, the fans got their wish and i think were gonna be in for a wild ride!

Usually i would say "Sega What the Hell were they thinking!" but hey i'm optimistic as usual.

If this connects all the discontinued series this series is gonna have a lot of work to be done and Sega is known for breaking every piece of Sonic they touch so lets hope they take their time and consider why they made the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

Damn this came rather suddenly.

Overall I'm feeling cautiously optimistic. There are some interesting things to it, like the story of multiverse and the "redemption" and self journey stuff. The logo is also interesting, though I wonder if it'll look better when animated?

I'm just wondering how they're gonna do this in 24 episodes though... I'd rather wait for a trailer to see what it looks like and how it goes.

Also have this dumb theory I thought of: 

• Way Past Cool 1