Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

1 hour ago, Razule said:

It makes sense though. Streaming works better for serialized plots than episodic ones, but again, didn't think it'd be about a series-spanning plot. That means this probably won't last beyond 24 episodes, and it'll be another short-lived Sonic cartoon. 

There’s a good chance it could get renewed though. I have a feeling Netflix is gonna be pushing this show a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

Title sounds alright, I'm slightly curious on the "redemption" bit. Although this last decade in general has really played out multiverse plots and meta humor (the latter I hope doesn't oversaturate it since multiverse gives a perfect chance to do that).

I'm probably overthinking things as usual, but anyway, we'll see.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wildbrain owns DIC properties, so they have the rights to those specific shows, along with SEGA owning the rights to the characters. 

I think its a good idea to address these things if that's the case. Maybe help narrow things down and just centralize Sonic as a concept again, because just denying all these things existing still hasn't stopped the splitting of fans. 

Granted that may not be the case for this show, but I genuinely think it'd be a cool idea. Of all the series, SEGA and Wildbrain own the rights for the majority except for the OVA, which is ambiguous. 

2 minutes ago, RadicalLaRuby said:

Title sounds alright, I'm slightly curious on the "redemption" bit. Although this last decade in general has really played out multiverse plots and meta humor (the latter I hope doesn't oversaturate it since multiverse gives a perfect chance to do that).

2 minutes ago, RadicalLaRuby said:

I disagree with playing out the multiverse angle. Sonic Forces is the only one that really pushed that idea into a proper plot, and it hardly even factored into anything worthwhile. 

• Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, Piko said:

There’s a good chance it could get renewed though. I have a feeling Netflix is gonna be pushing this show a lot.

And if the storyline really does just go on for just one season, they could do a new storyline for Season 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

Said this in the status updates earlier, but I think it needs to be said here.

Keep your expectations in check. Absolutely walk in expecting a weird looking Sonic who wears clothes and goes to school that will open up a portal to a multiverse of different Sonics that never existed before this point. 

Getting yourself hyped up on it being some super-meta Sonic thing is not the wisest decision. Even if it does turn out to be that, you really shouldn't expect it.

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Way Past Cool 1

8 minutes ago, azoo said:

Said this in the status updates earlier, but I think it needs to be said here.

Keep your expectations in check. Absolutely walk in expecting a weird looking Sonic who wears clothes and goes to school that will open up a portal to a multiverse of different Sonics that never existed before this point. 

Getting yourself hyped up on it being some super-meta Sonic thing is not the wisest decision. Even if it does turn out to be that, you really shouldn't expect it.

Sonic going to school. Finally the Sonic shonen anime I've always wanted. 😂

• Thumbs Up 2

53 minutes ago, Piko said:

And if the storyline really does just go on for just one season, they could do a new storyline for Season 2.

• Thumbs Up 2

56 minutes ago, Piko said:

Yeah, but this seems tied to the multiverse plot down to the title. How much could they do with that? 

• Thumbs Up 2

22 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Wildbrain owns DIC properties, so they have the rights to those specific shows, along with SEGA owning the rights to the characters. 

I think its a good idea to address these things if that's the case. Maybe help narrow things down and just centralize Sonic as a concept again, because just denying all these things existing still hasn't stopped the splitting of fans. 

Granted that may not be the case for this show, but I genuinely think it'd be a cool idea. Of all the series, SEGA and Wildbrain own the rights for the majority except for the OVA, which is ambiguous. 

I disagree with playing out the multiverse angle. Sonic Forces is the only one that really pushed that idea into a proper plot, and it hardly even factored into anything worthwhile. 

I was referring to multiverse as a whole in fiction, not just Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Razule said:

Yeah, but this seems tied to the multiverse plot down to the title. How much could they do with that? 

Tons of stuff, just keep inventing new 'verses.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, RadicalLaRuby said:

I was referring to multiverse as a whole in fiction, not just Sonic.

Oh. Yeah in that case I actually agree. I guess at this point may as well let Sonic get it out of his system in a better format for telling it. 

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Razule said:

That sounds like it could get old fast.

Never said that it would be good, just that it could be done.

• Thumbs Up 2

15 minutes ago, Razule said:

They don’t necessarily have to stick to the multiverse storyline. They might do a different arc each season.

29 minutes ago, azoo said:

Absolutely walk in expecting a weird looking Sonic who wears clothes and goes to school

Hell yeah, slice of life Sonic!

• Thumbs Up 2

My expectations are totally out of check lol.

I always said (on other boards and here) I think they’ll bring back the Freedom Fighters one day in some form and it seems more likely than ever now.

Oh I’m so hyped right now. Not just for potential return of the FF but it’s a cool idea in general. So many things they can use.

• Thumbs Up 5

36 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

We have a writer.  Justin Peniston who according to the results I got on Google wrote for Space Goat's Evil Dead comics which means he was probably pretty poorly compensated what with the money laundering they did and all.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HunterBlackComx/status/1356357988869541888

This guy seems interesting, what little he writes seems like a fun action comic. 

Here's hoping this is his big break, and not him breaking big. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

This guy seems interesting, what little he writes seems like a fun action comic. 

Here's hoping this is his big break, and not him breaking big. 

He's apparently also done work on other Man of Action shows so it's not like this is his first time writing for television. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I have to wonder if they're gonna get Ian Flynn on this; he wrote an episode from Boom, so there's precedence for his involvement. 

• Thumbs Up 2

9A1848CE-4A59-4D15-98F2-39259E443614.jpeg?width=1057&height=503

Huh.

I heard Generator Rex was a pretty dark show for kids, grotesque imagery, death, torture, loss of identity....

..... more than that? What the heck?

• Thumbs Up 3

1 minute ago, JosepHenry said:

9A1848CE-4A59-4D15-98F2-39259E443614.jpeg?width=1057&height=503

Huh.

I heard Generator Rex was a pretty dark show for kids, grotesque imagery, death, torture, loss of identity....

I doubt they'll go that hard with Sonic, but this is still pretty interesting news. Sounds like this will take itself a little seriously.

• Thumbs Up 3

So if we do get A multiple Sonic media crossover for the new Sonic cartoon series... Ehh not sure I would really like the sounds of that personally. Because I seriously would enjoy just a normal cartoon series simply based on the main modern game universe purely for once. Why we always get strange stuff for Sonic cartoons? Sigh. However I'll try to keep my mind open to the idea the new Sonic series could still be good & fun regardless of me being tired of multiverse stories if that is what it ends up being.

Just am overall bored of the Sonic series always focusing on time & dimension travel so often. I'll admit it has been a core aspect to the franchise going all the way back to special stage rings In Sonic 1 that warped to another dimension, and time travel in Sonic CD... So it isn't super out of place as a idea whatsoever. But sometimes I would like more plots without that stuff. I'll try to look at the upside to this and hope this means that Blaze will appear on a animated Sonic series finally after all this time! If not... then a "big boo" it gets from from me for not including her, especially in a series about dimension travel where she would fit in decently. xD

Regardless of everything else, I still don't trust the animation studio making this as nothing they did in the past impressed me greatly. Also 3D animation series are rarely ever great in general... Leaves it hard to expect anything amazing from this. But time will tell.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

Generator Rex is also the show that has an episode entirely about the protagonist playing ping pong and has a talking monkey side kick as a main cast member.

I liked Generator Rex, but "dark" it was not. It's only slightly darker than Ben 10, and even then I'm mostly referring to the show's art direction. It was marketed at the same audience as Ben 10 to the point the two series even had a crossover together. If the new Sonic is going to be about the same tone as that I'd say that sounds about right.

• Thumbs Up 2

20 minutes ago, JosepHenry said:

lol

It wasn't fucking Young Justice or whatever other action shows CN kept putting on the chopping block (though Rex started getting fucked over immediately after its first season, to no one's surprise). Tonally it was probably more in line with later Ben 10 stuff; it wasn't some dark, dreary show by an even close margin.

• Thumbs Up 4