Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

54 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

No I mean this Mecha/ Metal Sonic: 

8CCA4D9A-326F-4811-AFBC-91B23D3CB974.thumb.jpeg.20e8f590b6059361867c351ef558bb55.jpeg

125E66B4-1025-40D3-A55A-5DB2380BB314.jpeg.68d863aeaf033e1d2a89dc559dc58f0b.jpeg

Oh, just standard Metal then.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if Sonic Prime's dimensions are Modern, Blaze, Classic, Boom, and SatAM. I don't think the IDW universe would be different enough to be included. Maybe they'll finally answer the question why Eggman Nega was in Blazes dimension. I'm one to think that this art of Blaze was a hint.

7D7A38D8-4175-411D-9B89-C323384B5F22-1024x576.jpeg.4d8269f4bb99bc02af55671f3f26ce79.jpeg

On 12/10/2020 at 9:06 AM, Wraith said:

Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption. 

My theory is that it starts with some sort of epic battle between Sonic and Eggman (similar to the start of Sonic Unleashed) and Sonic's actions somehow trigger a catastrophic event where the "Prime" universe is in trouble unless Sonic visits each of these different parallel universes and does something to bring the prime universe back to normal. Blaze's and Classic Sonic's universes seem like a shoe-in for this, but I would be curious to see what else gets introduced. I imagine Sonic might feel some guilt about what he is done, but along the way with the help of his friends and new characters he meets, he learns more about himself and steers things back in the right direction. 

I'd be curious to see if it is 24 individual episodes, or if maybe each universe is its own little mini-arc. Also depending on the premise, could this be something that is sustained over multiple seasons (especially if it proves popular) or is this a one-and-done? 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, AuroraRedwinters said:

My theory is that it starts with some sort of epic battle between Sonic and Eggman (similar to the start of Sonic Unleashed) and Sonic's actions somehow trigger a catastrophic event where the "Prime" universe is in trouble unless Sonic visits each of these different parallel universes and does something to bring the prime universe back to normal. Blaze's and Classic Sonic's universes seem like a shoe-in for this, but I would be curious to see what else gets introduced. I imagine Sonic might feel some guilt about what he is done, but along the way with the help of his friends and new characters he meets, he learns more about himself and steers things back in the right direction. 

I'd be curious to see if it is 24 individual episodes, or if maybe each universe is its own little mini-arc. Also depending on the premise, could this be something that is sustained over multiple seasons (especially if it proves popular) or is this a one-and-done? 

I have a feeling that that's what this plot will be about too.

• 4 weeks later...

A Vancouver based artist named Nicholas Kole is doing art for the show. His other credits? Spyro Reignited and Crash Bandicoot 4.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FromHappyRock/status/1369093637137600517

And another who has done concept art for Nintendo. This show might at least look amazing. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Betty_Kwong/status/1369042408151810048

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 2

6 hours ago, SBR2 said:

A Vancouver based artist named Nicholas Kole is doing art for the show. His other credits? Spyro Reignited and Crash Bandicoot 4.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FromHappyRock/status/1369093637137600517

And another who has done concept art for Nintendo. This show might at least look amazing. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Betty_Kwong/status/1369042408151810048

Nicholas Freaking Kole is in it? I'm 200% more interested in this show now. At least the designs will be great. The guy is a god.

• 3 months later...

Found on R/GamingLeaksAndRumors. Some concept art of Sonic supposedly leaked on 4Chan. Likely fake, but I guess we’ll see. 

F0F8E476-60B2-4313-8E71-ED98731E9CE5.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Whether it's real or not it doesn't really tell us important. Sonic doesn't look that different aside from maybe his face looking a bit like Crash Bandicoot and his parts looking purple (likely from shading). 

But otherwise, it sure is Sonic. Not much else to go from whether its real or not. 

• Thumbs Up 3

I'll just wait until some official material has come from the show before judging Sonic's appearance from this.

• Thumbs Up 1

If real, I'm not a fan. looks like they tried blending Movie and Modern, with the end result being worse than both of them. Seems almost Calarts-like, really.

That being said, the date for this being April 2020 has led me to believe (or at least hope) that this got rejected. Besides. Even if the final design is shit, it's totally worth macing an innocent GameStop employee over just that: a design. I'm no fan of Gravity Falls' art-style, but the writing alone makes it one of the greatest cartoons I have ever watched. (Makes me want Sega to hire Alex Hirsch for future games, honestly.)

So long as the characterizations, action, and plot are solid enough, I'll walk away from Prime as a very happy man. But if none of those are good? Let me put it this way: it still wouldn't be enough to mace someone, but it would definitely make me think twice about re-upping my Netflix subscription.

If real he looks like Sonic so I'm happy. I could see it being real it looks very close to the art style of Crash 4 so there's a possibility.

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe it’s not real but I think it looks cool. A little bit Adventure-ish too.

There’s comments calling it crap...it looks how you’d expect him to look. What is wrong with people crapping on stuff just the sake of it? Stop it. Whatever it’s from he looks good.

• Thumbs Up 4

April 2020, doesn't sound too far fetch, but with the finalized logo? A bit suspicious.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Graystripe2000 said:

F0F8E476-60B2-4313-8E71-ED98731E9CE5.jpeg

You gotta love that blurriness.

It's like the guy behind "the leak" wasn't even trying.

• Thumbs Up 3

I gotta say, when this was revealed, when I learned the talent behind Ben 10 was working on this, and I saw their faces…

Sonic Boomers

Yes I know they’re Gen X let me have this joke. 

15 minutes ago, LeekyBum said:

You do realize you sorta jeopardize this man’s job right? 

I didn't jeopardize anything. He posted that on a website that anyone could see, and I'm not even the person that discovered it. It was spreading whether I posted it here or not. 

The concept art itself is pretty good though, and I enjoyed the multiple different Eggmen and their designs. It's interesting to see them stick rather close to the games for the most part with the gloves/shoes being the biggest differences among the main versions of the characters. 

If one of the dimensions Sonic goes to is basically Metallic Madness, I'm more in than you could possibly imagine. Some real Samurai Jack vibes from that art.

• Thumbs Up 3

I dunno, just seeing art with all the different Eggmen... I'm a bit hesitant about the whole show focusing on multiverses. Seems like an excuse to not keep any real consistency and/or a "throw in everything but the kitchen sink" approach. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Austroid said:

I dunno, just seeing art with all the different Eggmen... I'm a bit hesitant about the whole show focusing on multiverses. Seems like an excuse to not keep any real consistency and/or a "throw in everything but the kitchen sink" approach. 

I think done well a Multiverse Show can bring interesting story opportunities, like the early seasons of Sliders. Done badly it can come off as cheesy and non-sensical.... like the later seasons of Sliders.

• Thumbs Up 1

It's a little much to insinuate that the entire concept of the show would be an excuse to not have any consistency. One would think that would come naturally through the story they're telling with the characters they're choosing to focus on. The character development won't be in any danger just because they chose something that could promise a lot of different things happening.

It'd be in danger if they treated it like a showcase and did nothing else but that goes for any story that chose to only rely on spectacle.

However, we have no information outside of what the concept is so it's best to treat it like how most normal people who want to write a normal show would until we see anything to actually suggest otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 3