Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

49 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Has there been a teaser trailer yet? 

Not yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, phobs said:

Sonic X and Sonic Boom had comics based on them, so Sonic Prime comics will happen for sure.

That was with Archie tho. Sonic was such a centerpiece to their lineup that they must have been foaming at the mouth to throw another Sonic comic into the wild whenever they got the chance.

I wonder how big of a slice does Sonic make up for the pie for IDW? They have quite a few major IPs under their belt and likely don't need to lean on Sonic nearly as much as Archie did. The Tangle&Whisper and Bad Guys mini-series we have gotten so far have been more about expanding the original character cast and world building as opposed to building up more Sonic content to fling at us.

• Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Not yet.

I wondeed because there is this teaser on YouTube and I was like.. well the animation is unique, but I was sure it was fan made. 

3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

That was with Archie tho. Sonic was such a centerpiece to their lineup that they must have been foaming at the mouth to throw another Sonic comic into the wild whenever they got the chance.

I wonder how big of a slice does Sonic make up for the pie for IDW? They have quite a few major IPs under their belt and likely don't need to lean on Sonic nearly as much as Archie did. The Tangle&Whisper and Bad Guys mini-series we have gotten so far have been more about expanding the original character cast and world building as opposed to building up more Sonic content to fling at us.

I'm actually glad that IDW is focusing on telling more stories with the characters rather than just throwing some random miniseries at us.  That's one of the problems that Archie Sonic had as they kept on throwing random comic book series dealing with Sonic and most of them weren't really connected with each other.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

Has there been a teaser trailer yet? 

It isn't coming until next year and frankly I think it'll be game canon so I doubt it'll be out before Rangers comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, SBR2 said:

I think it'll be game canon

Don't mean to be hyperbolic, but that statement makes me nervous.

Prime is game canon... what the hell does that mean? Like, is Rangers gonna end on a "fuck you, ya lost" ending where a corrupted Tails/Infinite/Shadow-but-he's-a-villain-again-now/whatever monster Eggman unleashes this time outwits Sonic and destroys everything in sight?

Because, if so... people are gonna be pissed.

Spoiler

ESPECIALLY if the true final boss and ending are reserved for SOMETHING WE CAN'T EVEN PLAY.

Ok don't get worked up its just me guessing. At most if it is it could just end on a Cliffhanger in a post credits scene that leads into the show.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry, just hope it isn't. I... really don't want "Ooga-Booga" Amy to be shoved down our throats like Classic Sonic and Zavok were.

(Especially if she eschews English for stereotypical caveman speak. I can't stand that shit.)

As a completely unconnected one-off, Prime looks like fun. But as something that might affect the games, potentially being used to reset the games-universe to something else, Flashpoint style... my hype is now wavering.

Spoiler

Hopefully, I'm just being paranoid. It's good we're getting something that's actually trying again, at least.

There's literally no reason to think that Prime will have any effect on the games or that it will involve anything even remotely like any of the bizarre disaster scenarios you've started imagining.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, Diogenes said:

There's literally no reason to think that Prime will have any effect on the games or that it will involve anything even remotely like any of the bizarre disaster scenarios you've started imagining.

Sorry about that. My mind just... goes to places like that sometimes, ya know?

16 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

Don't mean to be hyperbolic, but that statement makes me nervous.

Prime is game canon... what the hell does that mean? Like, is Rangers gonna end on a "fuck you, ya lost" ending where a corrupted Tails/Infinite/Shadow-but-he's-a-villain-again-now/whatever monster Eggman unleashes this time outwits Sonic and destroys everything in sight?

Because, if so... people are gonna be pissed.

Reveal hidden contents

ESPECIALLY if the true final boss and ending are reserved for SOMETHING WE CAN'T EVEN PLAY.

I cannot see SEGA doing that. Sonic is a hero, as is Tails, and the theme is always optimistic and that in the end good triumphs over evil. SEGA won’t go that dark. 

• Thumbs Up 1

True. Still, maybe Sega thinks we're "tired" of that now after all the crap they've gotten about Forces?

1 minute ago, KingMario05 said:

True. Still, maybe Sega thinks we're "tired" of that now after all the crap they've gotten about Forces?

If SEGA did embrace a dark story, it would work if Sonic and Team tried to reverse such a grim furure, a la X-Men: Days of Future Past. 

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Shadow Chaos Control said:

If SEGA did embrace a dark story, it would work if Sonic and Team tried to reverse such a grim furure, a la X-Men: Days of Future Past. 

Yeah, that's what I meant. Maybe Rangers could be about the present falling, forcing (hah!) Sonic & Co. to universe-hop in Prime and set things right?

1 hour ago, KingMario05 said:

Yeah, that's what I meant. Maybe Rangers could be about the present falling, forcing (hah!) Sonic & Co. to universe-hop in Prime and set things right?

It would be a interesting way to create a Sonicverse (like Marvelverse) which seems to be the trend with franchises at the moment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The concept leaks look interesting. Quite like the ridiculously upgraded gloves and shoes.

Sticks!Amy could be interesting. Perhaps a way to give a nod to Sticks without directly including her (if Sticks is indeed ‘off limits’ in non-Boom stuff)

NineTails could also be interesting. Question is if he is actually a full-on kitsune in this dimension. That is a lot of tails to control, I’m not sure if he’d still even be able to fly with having to control and co-ordinate nine propellers. Although he is wearing a red jacket, and surrounded by Eggman stuff, and getting a strong questioning look from Sonic.  Not ruling out that he could be Eggman’s assistant in one of those dimensions.

Speaking of Eggman, if there are multiple dimensions, is it possible that in one of them Eggman could actually be the good guy? Not like his Mr Tinker version from IDW, an outright good guy without needing an altered mental state to achieve it? Or is he always destined(/mandated) to be the villain whichever dimension he’s in?

I’m really keen to see where this goes!

• Thumbs Up 1

Except that their's likely no equivalent for Sonic himself,

Guess this might be intentional for legal reasons which means I won't get what I want, but I've already accepted that

It wouldn't surprise me if they handwave'd it by saying that the Eggmen formed a mutually beneficial alliance and eliminated all of the other Sonics except the Prime. So the rest of the series was about them chasing Sonic Prime across dimensions since he's the only one left who could stop them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

If there is another Sonic out there, they will save it for the season finale where Prime Sonic jumps to a dimension where Alt. Sonic is the main villain. Been done to death but I'll be shocked if their isn't at least 1 criss-cross episode. Bonus points if they make Tails the big-bad lol.

I think you guys are jumping the gun a bit with some of these predictions. The most likely outcome is that Sonic will only spend an episode or two in each dimension, which makes the vast majority of these characters one-offs. We don't really have to worry about caveman Amy or pirate Knuckles overstaying their welcome because they likely wont be around long enough to develop as characters. They won't be around long enough to even impact perceptions of game canon.

I am curious about who exactly will be doing the portal hopping here though. Sonic obviously will be making every dive, but will the prime versions of the others tag along for some episodes? If Sonic is the only one doing the jumping, then he would essentially make up the core cast by himself, which would have dire implications for the screen-time of everyone else's prime variants. I'm hoping at least Tails goes with on most of the trips.

Eggman too might be jumping, as Prime Eggy could be part of that multi-dimensional gaggle of baddies we saw. So that would give us at least 2 mains if true...

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, caitash said:

The concept leaks look interesting. Quite like the ridiculously upgraded gloves and shoes.

Sticks!Amy could be interesting. Perhaps a way to give a nod to Sticks without directly including her (if Sticks is indeed ‘off limits’ in non-Boom stuff)

NineTails could also be interesting. Question is if he is actually a full-on kitsune in this dimension. That is a lot of tails to control, I’m not sure if he’d still even be able to fly with having to control and co-ordinate nine propellers. Although he is wearing a red jacket, and surrounded by Eggman stuff, and getting a strong questioning look from Sonic.  Not ruling out that he could be Eggman’s assistant in one of those dimensions.

Speaking of Eggman, if there are multiple dimensions, is it possible that in one of them Eggman could actually be the good guy? Not like his Mr Tinker version from IDW, an outright good guy without needing an altered mental state to achieve it? Or is he always destined(/mandated) to be the villain whichever dimension he’s in?

I’m really keen to see where this goes!

An heroic Kintobor/Robotnik was also in Archie. I do like these ideas and the idea of "homaging" Sticks through this tribal Amy if we want to look at it in this way, it's cool. 

I also like how all of these alternate characters are basically in different ages, like NineTails is an adult kitsune, and the Eggmen obviously. And of course Sonic's gloves/shoes different all the time, which I imagine will be his inter-dimensional gateway.

A "dark" Sonic story can be written well if not done in an edgy way, you guys know my opinion, IDW does it best, even though some of the Metal Virus issues were a bit too depressing for me.

3 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

If there is another Sonic out there, they will save it for the season finale where Prime Sonic jumps to a dimension where Alt. Sonic is the main villain. Been done to death but I'll be shocked if their isn't at least 1 criss-cross episode. Bonus points if they make Tails the big-bad lol.

I think you guys are jumping the gun a bit with some of these predictions. The most likely outcome is that Sonic will only spend an episode or two in each dimension, which makes the vast majority of these characters one-offs. We don't really have to worry about caveman Amy or pirate Knuckles overstaying their welcome because they likely wont be around long enough to develop as characters. They won't be around long enough to even impact perceptions of game canon.

I am curious about who exactly will be doing the portal hopping here though. Sonic obviously will be making every dive, but will the prime versions of the others tag along for some episodes? If Sonic is the only one doing the jumping, then he would essentially make up the core cast by himself, which would have dire implications for the screen-time of everyone else's prime variants. I'm hoping at least Tails goes with on most of the trips.

Eggman too might be jumping, as Prime Eggy could be part of that multi-dimensional gaggle of baddies we saw. So that would give us at least 2 mains if true...

Not sure what the format is, I'd rather spend time with these ideas and concepts, instead of one episode. I honestly like the comic format of 4 issues, so four episodes, a graphic novel format yes, Star Wars: the Clone Wars did it too in animation and it works fine.

I don't want them to introduce too much stuff and then abandon it immediately with no focus or exploration on the story, it's like Boom or comedic cartoons having 11 minutes plots and then a new story immediately next ep, it's basically the same. So either they come back later in the story or we spend actual time in each of these dimensions. I'm not saying I want NineTails or SticksAmy as main versions of them in this show but still, have them in more than 1 episode?

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Sega DogTagz said:

If there is another Sonic out there, they will save it for the season finale where Prime Sonic jumps to a dimension where Alt. Sonic is the main villain. 

Already happened.. 

C75E26F6-E417-41FB-BD30-5B05D5260F48.thumb.jpeg.94ee1b1e19089e8ee3db42bda15dc2f0.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2

Do we have any updates on the voice actors for this show yet? I'm nervous lol. I can't stand when different VAs are used from the games.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, sassytassie said:

Do we have any updates on the voice actors for this show yet? I'm nervous lol. I can't stand when different VAs are used from the games.

I mean IMDB has a list of voice actors but it's almost certainly fake because it has Ryan Drummond as the voice of Zonic the Zone Cop and Ken Penders as the voice of Locke.

Again though production isn't starting until September so I highly doubt we're getting any information anytime soon. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1