Awoo.

MT | Sonic Prime (Netflix, TV Series) - General Discussion

Wraith

From the bare minimum I know of animation pipelines. It'll probably take them little over half a year for animating the first season. Unless Netflix decides it wants to split the season in two parts like they did with He-man.

• Thumbs Up 6

2 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

From the bare minimum I know of animation pipelines. It'll probably take them little over half a year for animating the first season. Unless Netflix decides it wants to split the season in two parts like they did with He-man.

So, it usually takes about 5 months for the animation be done for a TV series or a movie?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

So, it usually takes about 5 months for the animation be done for a TV series or a movie?

Depends on the quality, but I think that's the amount of time the major animation tries to aim for once the ball is rolling and pre-production is wrapping up. The voice work is probably done now too, or close to finished.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Depends on the quality, but I think that's the amount of time the major animation tries to aim for once the ball is rolling and pre-production is wrapping up. The voice work is probably done now too, or close to finished.

I do wonder who is voicing Sonic and his friends, since we already know that Colleen is not voicing Tails in the series.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it was officially confirmed by Colleen that it is indeed a matter of Canadian laws (we had good speculation beforehand). So everyone who isn't Canadian will be replaced which I think is the whole cast. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, mitsunari88 said:

I think it was officially confirmed by Colleen that it is indeed a matter of Canadian laws (we had good speculation beforehand). So everyone who isn't Canadian will be replaced which I think is the whole cast. 

Hope they can at least keep Mike. It'd be a shame if Sega throws away best Eggman because of some weird Ottawa mandates...

Unlike the rest of the cast, it's actually possible that Mike'll end up working on the show. He has a prior history of working with Wildbrain. As he's said himself:

This was a response to a response to a tweet he made teasing that, quote, 'My Non-Disclosure Agreements have never been more crucial than at this very moment. Every copyright law in the universe is going to stop me from sharing what I know.' in reference to Sonic Prime, for the record. I wouldn't read too much into the NDA joke tweet though, that might just be him trolling because he knows people will speculate wildly.

• Thumbs Up 5

Fantastic news. Finally, Caillou brings forth some good into this cruel, cruel world.

Spoiler

I'm now assuming that the other Eggmen WILL be different VAs, then, right? Mike can't do it all, ya know.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, mitsunari88 said:

Hmmm...I do wonder what famous Canadian actors would be voicing in this series?

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Brendan Fraser as an Eggman? That'd be cool to see! (Won't ask for Carrey, because I know that's a pipe dream.)

3 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

Fantastic news. Finally, Caillou brings forth some good into this cruel, cruel world.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm now assuming that the other Eggmen WILL be different VAs, then, right? Mike can't do it all, ya know.

I've seen a clip on Twitter he plays almost every adult male on that show its surreal. 

I'm honestly wondering what the voice acting deal is. Like maybe if WildBrain is only handling the Animation maybe it'll be the voicecast but Colleen did make it sound like to her knowledge they were going for a Canadian voice cast. Hopefully we get some word on this soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how far into production they are with this cartoon or if they have even started production yet?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I wonder how far into production they are with this cartoon or if they have even started production yet?

Since Wildbrain is currently hiring animators to work on Prime, it’s safe to assume that it’s

a) about to start the animation process

b) already in the middle of animation and Wildbrain needs more animators to even out the workload

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

Since I can't find it up anywhere aside from The Sonic Show's video, here's the audio from It'sOkToCry's audition for Sonic and Knuckles. It was annoying getting it under 1 MB to upload here.

NGL I kind of like Bakugo Knuckles, so if Knuckles ends up sounding something like this it'll be an interesting take. Prime Knuckles could dethrone Sonic X Knuckles as the angriest Knuckles.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, CertifiedNobody said:

Since I can't find it up anywhere aside from The Sonic Show's video, here's the audio from It'sOkToCry's audition for Sonic and Knuckles. It was annoying getting it under 1 MB to upload here.

NGL I kind of like Bakugo Knuckles, so if Knuckles ends up sounding something like this it'll be an interesting take. Prime Knuckles could dethrone Sonic X Knuckles as the angriest Knuckles.

I like his reel (Sonic especially), but am pretty sure it won't be him. Even setting aside the fact that he isn't Canadian, he probably broke at least one NDA by tweeting out his involvement early. Netflix tends to take that shit seriously, so I'll be quite surprised if he gets the role.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

I like his reel (Sonic especially), but am pretty sure it won't be him. Even setting aside the fact that he isn't Canadian, he probably broke at least one NDA by tweeting out his involvement early. Netflix tends to take that shit seriously, so I'll be quite surprised if he gets the role.

All of them were taken down.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, CertifiedNobody said:

All of them were taken down.

Huh... that definitely gives it weight. Do we know if the cast has to be all-Canadian, anyway? Or can at least a few Americans (ItsOKtoCry, Mike Pollock, maybe even Ben) be involved with the production as well?

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, KingMario05 said:

Huh... that definitely gives it weight. Do we know if the cast has to be all-Canadian, anyway? Or can at least a few Americans (ItsOKtoCry, Mike Pollock, maybe even Ben) be involved with the production as well?

Unless some of the actors have dual citizenship like Tara Strong, I'm not sure if they will hire American actors (it's possible though).

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, TB100 said:

Ian Flynn confirmed to be involved as a consulter.

That's great!  I wonder what kind of ideas he will give for the show?

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, TB100 said:

Ian Flynn confirmed to be involved as a consultant.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Oh please, please, please let this mean what we´re all hoping it means...

On 8/16/2021 at 12:30 PM, Rabbitearsblog said:

If the cast is indeed exclusively Canadian, I hope Wildbrain takes the opportunity to bring back voice actors from AoStH and Sonic Underground. I'd love to hear the likes of Garry Chalk, Ian James Cortlett, Phil Hayes, Kathleen Barr, and others in a Sonic cartoon again.

• Thumbs Up 1

All will be right if Richard Ian Cox voices Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

13 hours ago, KingMario05 said:

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Oh please, please, please let this mean what we´re all hoping it means...

Being a consultant basically means he's there for fact checking and referencing. He wouldn't be directly involved in influencing the writing of future episodes, but writers can go to him if they have questions or want some advice.

• Thumbs Up 6
  • Promotion 1

7 hours ago, Zaysho said:

All will be right if Richard Ian Cox voices Sonic.

That would be amazing!!

• Thumbs Up 1