Awoo.

how do you think sonic could make a comeback

espio

since the next game is probably coming out next year i feel like this is the perfect time for sonic to make a crash bandicoot-like comeback , fix up and remake sonic adventure 1 + 2 with a few additions here and there (upgraded chao garden , online , fix big’s gameplay etc) then bam , everyone’s happy after that in 2022 when the netflix series is released they could make mania 2 & possibly a sonic riders 4 (ik that’s a bit far fetched) within the same year or in 2023 and then they can go on from there , that way they pleased the 2D sonic fans , the people begging for adventure games since they don’t wanna make an adventure 3 & saved the franchise for the time being 

in reality we’ll probably get another low budget mediocre game starring zavok , classic sonic , wisps & green hill but hey! it’s good to dream once in a while :) 

how do you guys think sonic could make a comeback ? id love to know! :D 

• Nice Smile 1

I'm sure they are hyping up some spiritual sucessor to Sonic Adventure 1's style for 2021. It would be awesome to get multiple stories again and fun unique character moves.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Nice Smile 1

I hate to say it but I don't think that Sonic will ever make a real comeback.

Also even if the next Sonic game is really good I don't think that the video game journalism industry will ever stop mocking the Sonic games, and the Sonic fandom.

It's hard for a franchise to make a comeback if everyone's saying it's bad.

• Too Many Rings 2

I think that SEGA just needs to lay off the restraints that they have on the character (like he can only be written in a certain way instead of any other way) and let the writers do what they want with the character (of course, SEGA should step in if the writers go too far, because that can easily happen and it might cause more harm than good).  

Also, SEGA should stop rushing these games out and just try to take their time with the games.  It just felt like for the last decade or so, they just keep on pushing out a Sonic game without really taking their time in developing the gameplay and the story elements.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I think that SEGA just needs to lay off the restraints that they have on the character (like he can only be written in a certain way instead of any other way) and let the writers do what they want with the character (of course, SEGA should step in if the writers go too far, because that can easily happen and it might cause more harm than good).  

Also, SEGA should stop rushing these games out and just try to take their time with the games.  It just felt like for the last decade or so, they just keep on pushing out a Sonic game without really taking their time in developing the gameplay and the story elements.

Yes. This is one of the few reasons it isn’t too late. As Roger once posted, they have tried different things people wanted only to fail. Forces being a key example, as it tried a longer production time and a darker story. Another thing they could do is acknowledge the side media of the series.

Well I still think there’s hope. But as things are I think that good games along with a strong multimedia presence will help improve the franchise’s reputation considerably. If the next game is well received along with the movie sequel and Netflix show being getting a good reception, that will probably turn things around for the better.

• Thumbs Up 3

19 minutes ago, Johnny Boy said:

Well I still think there’s hope. But as things are I think that good games along with a strong multimedia presence will help improve the franchise’s reputation considerably. If the next game is well received along with the movie sequel and Netflix show being getting a good reception, that will probably turn things around for the better.

I think the franchise is going to bounce back.  This wasn't the first time that the franchise had hit a rock, like it hit it during the 90s after Sonic 3 and Knuckles and it hit it again during the 2000s until Sonic Colors came around.  So, it will eventually bounce back if the next few games do well.

• Nice Smile 1

There definitely needs to be some rethinking at SEGA on what direction they want to take this franchise. They should first of all, stop trying to please everyone because when you have a fanbase as fractured as Sonic's, it's literally impossible to please everyone since we all like Sonic for different things and each have our own vision for where we want this series to go. A focused direction is what this franchise should strive to achieve. SEGA's has had that same old "throw everyone at the wall and see what sticks" mentality for far too long and it hasn't been helping them in the long run. 

• Thumbs Up 2

41 minutes ago, Big-C said:

There definitely needs to be some rethinking at SEGA on what direction they want to take this franchise. They should first of all, stop trying to please everyone because when you have a fanbase as fractured as Sonic's, it's literally impossible to please everyone since we all like Sonic for different things and each have our own vision for where we want this series to go. A focused direction is what this franchise should strive to achieve. SEGA's has had that same old "throw everyone at the wall and see what sticks" mentality for far too long and it hasn't been helping them in the long run. 

i agree tbh & another problem with sega is that when one of the things they throw sticks & is liked by the fanbase they find a way to mess it up then abandon it just like how 06 basically killed the adventure games & forces probably did the same to the boost ones 

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that SEGA needs writers who actually know how to plot a story around these games and still make it work, even if SEGA's mandates are too strict or out there.  Like for example, despite the heavy mandates that SEGA has on the Sonic IDW comics, the writers were still able to make the series work for the most part since they develop story arcs and try to stick with how they are portraying the characters instead of going all over the place with the story lines.  The same can be said about the movie, even if some people don't like it.  The plot of the movie may seem generic, but at least the story was more focused and they developed the characters as naturally as they could.  Now, will they go crazy with the sequel by cramming in too many characters to please the fanbase?  I hope this isn't the case because they will just ruin the sequel rather than help it.

• Fist Bump 1

18 hours ago, Meta77 said:

He cant truly like say crash or spyro. Mainly cause he is still around.

Even that sort of comeback isn’t a guarantee. See Bubsy, Prehistorik, Battletoads, etc.  Their comebacks more or less failed (Bubsy did get one more side game, though), even in spite of their absence.

He could be something in between what he is now and Crash/Spyro/Bomberman, like how Megaman was prior to 11.

• Thumbs Up 1