Awoo.

Sarah from the Sonic movie (the anime one from '99)...

Crystal Kingfisher

Sorry if this gets locked, but ever since I first watched this movie (I was 7 at that time), I've always wondered, "What exactly IS Sarah?" Even to this very day, I still don't know what she is. I mean, she looks like a human, but she has some sort of tail, like a furry. I always thought she was a monkey, but what about you guys? What do you think?

Sorry if this gets locked, but ever since I first watched this movie (I was 7 at that time), I've always wondered, "What exactly IS Sarah?" Even to this very day, I still don't know what she is. I mean, she looks like a human, but she has some sort of tail, like a furry. I always thought she was a monkey, but what about you guys? What do you think?

She was the President's daughter, so she was indeed human. I have no idea why she was a cat-girl, I guess it was just a fad back then.

Sara's a Catgirl. All the rage in the 90's, I think.

Not sure HOW she's one, she just is.

I never knew that because I never saw any pointy cat ears, but maybe that bow is covering it up.

The President had a child with a cat - ZOMG bestiality! Maybe catgirls exist in the world of the Sonic OVA. Fun kind of fantasy humans like that are a good mix for Sonic, since Robotnik is shaped like an egg. I always thought maybe her mom was a catgirl and she was half-catgirl. Maybe the President is part cat, he does sport a kind of... mane.

Edited by Ezra the Badnik

The President had a child with a cat - ZOMG bestiality! Maybe catgirls exist in the world of the Sonic OVA. Fun kind of fantasy humans like that are a good mix for Sonic, since Robotnik is shaped like an egg. I always thought maybe her mom was a catgirl and she was half-catgirl. Maybe the President is part cat, he does sport a kind of... mane.

IF I rememebr correctly, the president also has whiskers.

And Sarah's "bow" are styled like cat ears, or may very well be cat ears, even.

For some reason the tail always made me think she might have been some kind of large monkey...

Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

I like catgirl better ^_^

Like others have said, I believe that she's indeed a catgirl. Not to mention her attitude did have some kind of feline aspects to it.

Sera's bow was more like a big hat. If she had cat ears, they could have neatly fit under there.

Her bow emoted with the rest of her, so that seems to be the case.

The creators of this movie basically had the games and little else to go on. Sonic Team was in America at the time, so collaboration would have been difficult. The only information they had about Knuckles was what they could glean from a prototype of Sonic 3, and I'm guessing along with a memo that basically amounted to "They become friends later". I'm guessing "Planet Freedom" and the President and his daughter were created because the franchise didn't have enough characters to fill the movie, and I'm guessing it was up in the air at the time as to whether Amy would become a recurring character. Actually, nothing about this movie really contradicts her existence, so perhaps we can assume that she was somewhere else?

Well the movie contradicts Sonic CD, because Metal's first appearance isn't the Amy kidnapping. But that's explained easily if you don't count CD as Sonic and Metal's first encounter. This OVA is really its own Sonic universe.

She is a human...With a tail... :mellow: The truth is that back then japanese cartoonists had a tendancy to give girls tails(and REELY short skirts(i.e. Sarah herself))

Sara is pretty much a nekomusume (lit: cat-daugther). So I can pretty much say that the President was married to a Mobian cat, and Sara was the offspring to this unknown cat. And no it's not Blaze, I've already stated this in my fanfic.

Sara is pretty much a nekomusume (lit: cat-daugther). So I can pretty much say that the President was married to a Mobian cat, and Sara was the offspring to this unknown cat. And no it's not Blaze, I've already stated this in my fanfic.

Try to keep in mind that your fanfic has no effect on the franchise in any way. We have no idea who the President was married to, nor will we ever find out. Just deciding he was married to a cat won't get us very far...

We have no idea who the President was married to, nor will we ever find out. Just deciding he was married to a cat won't get us very far...

I'm just saying that the President probably succeeded where Sonic had failed... Human to Mobian relationship, like in Sonic '06.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

What is Sara?

Well... a clue is the monkey tail, so I'll say: "Saiyan that somehow has a power level of 5".

Of course, you'll ask: "what does the Scouter say about Sonic's power level?", to which I'll answer: "IT'S OVER NIIIIIYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNNN THHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNND!"...

... Yeah, so... Sara is definitely a powerless Saiyan.

What is Sara?

Well... a clue is the monkey tail, so I'll say: "Saiyan that somehow has a power level of 5".

Of course, you'll ask: "what does the Scouter say about Sonic's power level?", to which I'll answer: "IT'S OVER NIIIIIYYYYYYNNNNNNNNNNN THHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNND!"...

... Yeah, so... Sara is definitely a powerless Saiyan.

Vegata: Just kidding. It's a cat's-tail.

Hercule: D:<

Catgirls are really just a drawing style more than anything. It's sort of like how in the TV show "Arthur," it's almost completely ignored that they're animals. There was one episode that even poked fun at this with a show-in-a-show.

Catgirls are really just a drawing style more than anything. It's sort of like how in the TV show "Arthur," it's almost completely ignored that they're animals. There was one episode that even poked fun at this with a show-in-a-show.

Yeah, if I recall correctly, the characters were just treated as being unusually shaped humans on that show.XD