Awoo.

Weird/Scary Moments in Video Games

LeviTheGreat

Thru the years there has always been some weird moments in gaming take seaman for example.

Forget about mermaid this is horrifying.

Another example of weirdness is in Zelda(Zelda has many!) The hand sticking out of the toliet named ???

Creepy! but anyway you get the point what was weird or scary moments for you in gaming as an adult or a kid.

image.jpeg.2ab51099dbed10c60d536deb897c3a32.jpegsomething-named-lives-in-a-toilet.jpg

Scary and sort of weird - No Man's Sky has a point in the main quest where you are suddenly teleported into space to just 'fall', nothing around you but stars -no ships or planets in sight.  This goes on long enough to need to refill your life support at least once, maybe twice.  Nowadays it results in a lot of frantic reddit posts from people who quit the game, convinced that something went wrong, and the senior players just say, 'no, that's right, just be sure you have plenty of oxygen and refill your life support until the scene changes . . .' Since you generally get swept off one of the exotic planets, the impression is: lots of bubbles, rainbows, sunlight, maybe the odd creature *poof* endless black with a few stars and your suit telling you life support is falling rapidly.

• Thumbs Up 1

This shit in Rayman 2 on the N64.

Needless to say, my first time playing this part when I was around 8-9, I had to buy a new controller the next day.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

Not sure how many others have played this fairly obscure DS title, but this song has haunted me for years. I hated having to go to the Shadow Realm as a kid because that opening in particular freaked me out so much.

• Absolutely 1

The weirdest thing ever to happen to me in a video game is the time I found a glitchy Yoshi in Super Mario World when I was like six or seven. It was in Forest of Illsusion 3. I went down the pipe to the secret exit like normal and inside the cave was a glitchy Yoshi. It didn't come out of a Qustion Block or anything it was just already there. It had the head of a Dry Bones and the body was a glitchy mess. I was able to ride it and used it to grab the key and use the secret exit. On the map screen the Yoshi sprite was normal but it kept flashing different colors. Since the secret exit led to Roy's Castle I picked the level with the glitchy Yoshi and was surprised that I was able to take this glitchy Yoshi into the castle with me. I ended up losing the glitchy Yoshi on the block elevator so it fell and slowly sank into the lava.

I never found that glitchy Yoshi again. I've tried many times over the years to try and find a similar glitch like this documented online, but I never have. 

• Way Past Cool 1