Awoo.

What are some mandates by Sega you don't agree with?

Rabbitearsblog

On 3/29/2021 at 11:07 PM, KnuxDLX said:

Maybe they’re just hermaphroditic organisms? They basically are considering any two can mate.

lol no one is going to respond to this? Too weird?? 😂😅 This discussion is actually the first time I’ve even thought of chao’s gender. I think it’s kind of weird myself, and I would stick to the game information that does not specify.

I think if chao had genders then they would have been specified in the games, but they’re not. Because I think chao were created as a genderless species.

As for how they reproduce, I don’t think it would be anything like the way we think of it. 

58355017-EE1A-40B0-80FB-473B0A191EB6.png

On 1/7/2021 at 1:08 PM, Kuzu said:

The way Sega handles Sonic feels eerily similar to how Toriyama handles modern Dragon Ball media.

In that, they just retcon and change up information as they see fit, regardless if it makes. That's how you get things like "Beerus killed the dinosaurs" or "There are two universes now". 

Trying to make something cohesive that you never intended to be cohesive seems to be logic around some of these mandates.

This response is months late. But I would argue in both cases the issue isn't that it not initially planned to be more. A lot of things art, its more so the unwillingness to let other's who are better at crafting that sort of thing. Sonic boom is brought up multiple times in this very thread as an example aforementioned aversion to outside structural changes.
(Sonic boom being a particularly fun subject today given the rumors that have come out) 
With shadow and knuckles, their mandates aren't meant to make things cohesive, in fact they complicate things further. I would argue its a move to make things easily digestible. I don't think cohesiveness is a goal here, its not to overwhelm people with the world and characters that they have. That may seem counter productive because that is in fact the thing people like. But again, aforementioned rumors, explain so much

On 1/24/2021 at 12:17 PM, Tracker_TD said:

I don't think the name of the world is really all that necessary to get invested in it. I'm not losing sleep over whether the planet in Mario Odyssey is called Earth or not, because what matters are the locales and people in it, rather than its name. Two Worlds has its own impact on that sure, but the name of the planet? Eh. It's never even really brought up in the games anyway. 

As for emotional stuff, people seem to forget that Sonic's lack of tears aren't new. It's not that Sonic can't get sad, it's that he's just doesn't like tears. I'm guessing he sees himself as the kind of guy who's gotta keep the positive face going even if things look bleak, and that in of itself is a character trait.

From the mouth of his creator, even : 

Checks out to me, anyway. Seeing those scrapped Archie panels where Sonic's a blubbering mess... it just looks extremely daft for the kind of character Sonic is. 

Another months late reaction. 
While I agree with the assessment of Sonic's character, I would argue that creators can be very wrong about what they have created. And those creations can evolve far past their limited understanding in the social consciousness. And I feel sonic as a character , the characters in general have been just that. There's a lot of character traits sonic has these days that at one point could be seen as saving face, but I would argue in the past few years have made him seem like a jerk. Not just because the writing is bad, but our perspective on those things have changed. Sonic has become in some ways a toxic character and his inability to actually emote about shit contributes to some of that. 

Characters and franchises have evolved to talk about things and deal with emotional weakness. And sonic ( the series)  just stuck in the strange toxic kinda misogynist bubble, that parts of sega want to desperately get away from and have been making strides to do so. But just can't completely 

• Thumbs Up 1

I dunno really. There's several mandates I don't agree with on paper, but the fact they're broken so often suggests SEGA are more open with them than implied and it's more down to the usual situation of half assed writing that's been there since the series got spin off media.

"Sonic can never lose" for example could seem burdening to Sonic's character and risk making him an invincible hero, but the truth is Sonic has gotten his ass kicked MORE often since this mandate was revealed than not. Hell SEGA even had a game where Eggman found a way to beat his ass down and conquer the world, while Sonic Boom even had a few comical situations he ended up the butt monkey of an episode, even the end of pre-reboot Archie was a long conga of Sonic being one-upped by the bad guys over and over with any victory coming off as incredibly bittersweet. It seems like Sonic "losing" is only forbidden in regards to the bad guys permanently defeating him, which is kind of a case of "Eh, well duh."

The same issue with lack of emotions, since while writing isn't brilliant in this era, we still arguably see MORE of a humanized Sonic commonly in media, compare to say earlier cases like SA/X Sonic who was pretty stunted in emotions, modern takes on Sonic at least seem to commonly care about what's going on and even lose their cool a few times (Lost Worlds was definitely an attempt a more vulnerable Sonic, if not done brilliantly). Again it seems more writing issues that take their toll here, unless it's down to a case of outright melodrama that demands Sonic outright break down, in which case do I ask do we REALLY need that for a 'human' Sonic. This if anything could be seen as a test to make Sonic likeable through his standard personality without resorting to cheap tricks like angst and emotional torture that are harrowing and sympathetic no matter what way you put them.

There's a couple few newly revealed ones that I don't like the sound of and do sound hindering to how the characters are given depth, stuff like 'currency doesn't exist in the Sonic world' (which abolishes a bit of the Chaotix's motivations) and 'Shadow can not have 'pet the dog' moments where he cares about other people', but even these don't seem consistently done. It really does feel like there's a bit more leeway to these than is let on.

• Thumbs Up 1

I still think the IDW mandates are too suffocating for what is the most respectful creative Sonic will probably ever have, but I've made peace with some of this stuff.

Shadow is always going to be "the big one", but I see now that Sega always intended for Shadow to be a much more static character than Archie did. Shadow has a tendency to let his personal vendettas take over while he loses sight of the bigger picture, and Sega doesn't want him to move past that trait. This was an obvious moral failing in SA2, but Sonic 06 and the sega approved archie comics gave me the impression that he had the capability to grow past it when he doesn't. Maekawa seemed to have intentions for Shadow to grow beyond his personal failings and Ian Flynn seemed to working in line with this idea but the reality is that Maekawa hasn't written a Sonic game in 10 years now so his opinions hardly matter at this point. 

They seem to be going with the idea that Sonic 06 didn't actually happen with Shadow the Hedgehog's place in the canon being about as dubious, so with all that in mind Shadow's current personality is...kind of believable? It's the way I've chosen to interpret it anyway. This cuts down the time he's spent with Rouge pretty significantly which makes it less likely that he'd march to her fife, too. It's a less interesting version of the character for sure, arguably completely different than what he was before, but it is what it is. Maybe I'll just like Shadow a little less now going forward. Hardly the first time this has happened with a Sonic character.

Then there's stuff like Sonic can't cry/lose that actually forced the writers to be creative in how to convey Sonic's exhaustion and desperation in the Zombot arc. In the end, I think Sega isn't against Sonic having a wider range of emotions, they just want writers to be considerate in how he expresses them, which is hard to have a problem with. I can agree with this on paper. There haven't been many moments in IDW where I thought Sonic was underreacting to something. That's mostly a criticism I'd aim at the games, which are, as far as we know, not nearly as beholden to these mandates. Funny.

If there are any characterization problems with anyone else that are down to mandates I haven't noticed.  The stuff I don't like largely ties into story/worldbuilding. There's no elegant way to address there being like 4 different versions of Sonic's world, for instance. I can accept it as the truth, but it's just not congruous with what we've seen. If the comic tries the games or a later retcon might just fuck them over in the long run anyway so it's a lose/lose situation. They're stuck lowballing it in terms of worldbuilding which isn't very fun but it's not hurting things too badly.

For a Comic based on the games they seem to have their hands tied when it comes to actually being able to reference large chunks of the series. Not being able to acknowledge Sonic 06 is one thing, but Forces informs a ton of this series's worldbuilding and the big players from it are just...off limits. Zavok is a much more controversial character than Infinite and yet we couldn't get away from him if we tried. There are some completely random omissions like the cast of Sonic Rush Adventure that are equally baffling, since they've hardly done anything worth having strong opinions about to begin with.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I still think the IDW mandates are too suffocating for what is the most respectful creative Sonic will probably ever have, but I've made peace with some of this stuff.

I would make the argument that whatever was going on with boom is worse. Both aren't great though.

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

They seem to be going with the idea that Sonic 06 didn't actually happen with Shadow the Hedgehog's place in the canon being about as dubious, so with all that in mind Shadow's current personality is...kind of believable? It's the way I've chosen to interpret it anyway. This cuts down the time he's spent with Rouge pretty significantly which makes it less likely that he'd march to her fife, too. It's a less interesting version of the character for sure, arguably completely different than what he was before, but it is what it is. Maybe I'll just like Shadow a little less now going forward. Hardly the first time this has happened with a Sonic character.

Ian flynn suggests that this shadow is an interpretation of the end of his game. I personally think 06 was never canon, his attitude was from that game had been used because it was a natural progression and people liked it. We have gotten to a point where the idea of a brand has taken precedent over actually producing quality content or maybe they think that's what quality content is. And shadow being complicated and actually having a story in the eyes of people solely looking from the outside in the most cynical advertiser friendly capacity may see this as bad. I think this is a bit more of an issue of liking him less although that does suck for many there's a genuine fear he wont exist. I and many other's feel as though part of the reason shadow got hit so hard with mandates because he matches the least with what sega's direction is. And there's a fear that the company known for throwing the baby out with the bath water will just throw shadow out rather than taking any stock in mistakes they have made. And on some level people will say " good he can't be ruined anymore" but on a visceral human level...it just kind of fucking sucks bro. It just kind of sucks.

This is very doom and gloom, there's actually a very good chance that these mandates are only comic only and wont be reflected in the games going forward at least in the English dubs. And maybe you can yell at sega enough to change him back, he is valuable and sega is for better or for worse pretty good at listening to specific groups of people yelling at them to fix things specific things that doesn't require them to spend more money and this is one of those. 
But in the moment, it just sucks and shadow in IDW is a perfect representation of sonic's worst enemy is sega themselves and their inability or possible unwillingness to actually understand the people that buy their products. Recent rumors and leaks being perfect representations of this.

I don't think shadow was ever a character who would march to anyone's tune, even before the mandates he was like this and if he's ever fixed... he will still be like this. Team dark not really team but rather was a loose collection of friends who barely listened to each other and times. But they cared about things, which is what I solely missed. 

The worst thing about shadow's mandates I would argue is that in archie shadow's character was so good, he brought characters up interacting with them. Specifically reboot shadow. Now, his characters are so bad, characters have to get worse to match his energy. How rouge is in TSR, just...sucks

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

Then there's stuff like Sonic can't cry/lose that actually forced the writers to be creative in how to convey Sonic's exhaustion and desperation in the Zombot arc. In the end, I think Sega isn't against Sonic having a wider range of emotions, they just want writers to be considerate in how he expresses them, which is hard to have a problem with. I can agree with this on paper. There haven't been many moments in IDW where I thought Sonic was underreacting to something. That's mostly a criticism I'd aim at the games, which are, as far as we know, not nearly as beholden to these mandates. Funny.

There are some things in the comic I think sonic has underreacted to , and I think these things are issues but even I have to admit some of it is issues with the story telling of the writers themselves rather than that mandate. All that said, I do agree with your assessment that most of Sonic's issues lie within the games rather than the spin off material, this combined with the weird rules of the world and shadow's situation. It really seems like people at multiple levels at sonic team and sega do not understand the IP they have or why people enjoy and indulge in it. 

Which is uh, cool. Cool and good and a sign of a very healthy franchise. Really cool that all the bad things can be traced back to the people who can't be argued with. 

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

If there are any characterization problems with anyone else that are down to mandates I haven't noticed.  The stuff I don't like largely ties into story/worldbuilding. There's no elegant way to address there being like 4 different versions of Sonic's world, for instance. I can accept it as the truth, but it's just not congruous with what we've seen. If the comic tries the games or a later retcon might just fuck them over in the long run anyway so it's a lose/lose situation. They're stuck lowballing it in terms of worldbuilding which isn't very fun but it's not hurting things too badly.

For a Comic based on the games they seem to have their hands tied when it comes to actually being able to reference large chunks of the series. Not being able to acknowledge Sonic 06 is one thing, but Forces informs a ton of this series's worldbuilding and the big players from it are just...off limits. Zavok is a much more controversial character than Infinite and yet we couldn't get away from him if we tried. There are some completely random omissions like the cast of Sonic Rush Adventure that are equally baffling, since they've hardly done anything worth having strong opinions about to begin with.

To be fair the comic forces doesn't really inform much. The only character that actually deals with things related to forces is amy, by directly referencing her time with the resistance and I feel like up until this point it was a detriment. She felt like a character trapped in a much worse narrative. Forces as a connection to the series is dropped after the first year , heck arguably after issue 7.  All the traits of the world eggman almost taken over and there being people fighting that and helping other's is bog standard sonic stuff and you can switch out forces for anything else.  I actually think its really funny how little forces actually mattered and infinite as a character. He gets brushed off as " Sonic and Shadow beat him up and he sucked " by eggman which is fitting. 
As far as retcons go I think the nature of Licensed IP adaptive material leaves you in a loose loose in situations like this. This certainly isn't anything new, and sega's notoriously very fickle and and changes their minds at the drop of a hat. For example with aforementioned topic. If they changed shadow back tomorrow, the last several years of this book is going to be weird and you are going to need to reconcile why if you want to tell something cohesive. But I an himself seems to have given up on that opting for a " just move on " ideology with a lot of this stuff. So I figure if anything ever gets too wild, they will literally just say " magic rock made this non canon " and move on, isn't elegant but when your re dealing with sega nothing ever is 

Shadow comes out of a portal and punches' shadow and reveals that it was an elaborate android

" I am here the real shadow. You have been rused. I had been trapped in the... " 

Looks at the script

" the land of kurpurate bryading. And am now free"

All the other sonic characters golf clap and nod. 

Editor: Ian this seems very on the nose

Ian: Trust me it will work. Its fine

6 minutes ago, Cadence said:

Ian flynn suggests that this shadow is an interpretation of the end of his game. I personally think 06 was never canon, his attitude was from that game had been used because it was a natural progression and people liked it. We have gotten to a point where the idea of a brand has taken precedent over actually producing quality content or maybe they think that's what quality content is. And shadow being complicated and actually having a story in the eyes of people solely looking from the outside in the most cynical advertiser friendly capacity may see this as bad. I think this is a bit more of an issue of liking him less although that does suck for many there's a genuine fear he wont exist. I and many other's feel as though part of the reason shadow got hit so hard with mandates because he matches the least with what sega's direction is. And there's a fear that the company known for throwing the baby out with the bath water will just throw shadow out rather than taking any stock in mistakes they have made. And on some level people will say " good he can't be ruined anymore" but on a visceral human level...it just kind of fucking sucks bro. It just kind of sucks.

This is very doom and gloom, there's actually a very good chance that these mandates are only comic only and wont be reflected in the games going forward at least in the English dubs. And maybe you can yell at sega enough to change him back, he is valuable and sega is for better or for worse pretty good at listening to specific groups of people yelling at them to fix things specific things that doesn't require them to spend more money and this is one of those. 
But in the moment, it just sucks and shadow in IDW is a perfect representation of sonic's worst enemy is sega themselves and their inability or possible unwillingness to actually understand the people that buy their products. Recent rumors and leaks being perfect representations of this.

Imo, the games already essentially threw Shadow out in 08-14. It wasn't a hard commitment but he went from being second to Sonic to just not existing in any meaningful capacity. Everyone's already seen what Sonic is like without Shadow/SA2's influence and it's not a particularly popular era with anybody. It would suck if they tried to bury him again but when it comes to Shadow I realized I've seen the worst of it already.

I used to be concerned about a reboot gutting some of my favorite parts of the franchise from not anymore. Reboots are expensive and nobody is interested in risking rocking the boat on this franchise compared to just continuing to collect on the fans that are already there with nostalgic imagery. Shadow's personality shift is, to me, putting him in a state where they can recreate the height of his popularity(his fight with Sonic in SA2) again and again with ease. He's going to stick around for a while, but he might not be himself again for some time.

44 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Imo, the games already essentially threw Shadow out in 08-14. It wasn't a hard commitment but he went from being second to Sonic to just not existing in any meaningful capacity. Everyone's already seen what Sonic is like without Shadow/SA2's influence and it's not a particularly popular era with anybody. It would suck if they tried to bury him again but when it comes to Shadow I realized I've seen the worst of it already.

I used to be concerned about a reboot gutting some of my favorite parts of the franchise from not anymore. Reboots are expensive and nobody is interested in risking rocking the boat on this franchise compared to just continuing to collect on the fans that are already there with nostalgic imagery. Shadow's personality shift is, to me, putting him in a state where they can recreate the height of his popularity(his fight with Sonic in SA2) again and again with ease. He's going to stick around for a while, but he might not be himself again for some time.

I think you underestimate sega's willingness to throw the baby out with the bathwater. This isn't because I actually would genuinely like a sonic reboot, its just how they operate as a business. I can simultaneously see a timeline where the external material  just works really well and the reboot material to be similar to it.  I can also see a timeline where shadow is decided to not be as valuable to their overall vision of the future and just gets rid of him. The latter would be very dumb. But you can't sit here and tell me that very bold dumb decisions that don't end up working out or don't help at all isn't sega's MO. If recent leaks are correct its the reason we are the situation we are in, now. 

They can still sell you those shirts or toys  and  and that nostalgia imagery with the actual series not representing it whatsoever. Reboot is never out of the question, heck I think its an eventuality.  I think if those movies keep doing good, that show does well, and the comics continue to do strange things a reboot might be sooner than we think. 

31 minutes ago, Cadence said:

I think you underestimate sega's willingness to throw the baby out with the bathwater. This isn't because I actually would genuinely like a sonic reboot, its just how they operate as a business. I can simultaneously see a timeline where the external material  just works really well and the reboot material to be similar to it.  I can also see a timeline where shadow is decided to not be as valuable to their overall vision of the future and just gets rid of him. The latter would be very dumb. But you can't sit here and tell me that very bold dumb decisions that don't end up working out or don't help at all isn't sega's MO. If recent leaks are correct its the reason we are the situation we are in, now. 

They can still sell you those shirts or toys  and  and that nostalgia imagery with the actual series not representing it whatsoever. Reboot is never out of the question, heck I think its an eventuality.  I think if those movies keep doing good, that show does well, and the comics continue to do strange things a reboot might be sooner than we think. 

Well...to be real, everyone who made this series what it was is long gone. It doesn't matter that much to me anymore.

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

Well...to be real, everyone who made this series what it was is long gone. It doesn't matter that much to me anymore.

Fair enough. For myself everyone being gone doesn't really matter to me either , I just hope a hypothetical reboot of the material would be good or have interesting ideas. 

• 2 weeks later...

While I don't like some of the mandates, we need to consider that most of them aren't so bad. However we should also be sure to now the exact wording, otherwise guys like this will pretend its all made up (@16:27): 

For reference here are the mandates for the Archie Comic specifically. Notice how he tries to make it sound it applied to the franchise as a whole.

• 3 weeks later...

For the record, the whole "Sonic can't lose thing" has shown alot of leeway in writing stories, and Ian has said they are on a case by case basis, so it isnt so bad. However, we show try to get Sega to explain alot of them. 

9 hours ago, ryu238 said:

For the record, the whole "Sonic can't lose thing" has shown alot of leeway in writing stories, and Ian has said they are on a case by case basis, so it isnt so bad. However, we show try to get Sega to explain alot of them. 

He can't lose in the end. I really don't understandwhy this is such a hard one for people. It's basic storytelling that the good guy is probably going to win at the end. It'd kinda suck if you're playing Sonic Adventure 2 beat the Finalhazard and then the cutscene after has the Ark hit Earth anyway. 

I hope I'm not coming off like s jerk it'sjust super weird to me how people read this as "Sonic cam never have any hardships in a story ever" when like Lost World he's dealing with how things escalated because of his brash actions and on Forces he gets his ass kicked and was imprisoned for 6 months and Metal Virus he's struggling the whole time. 

1 hour ago, SBR2 said:

He can't lose in the end. I really don't understandwhy this is such a hard one for people. It's basic storytelling that the good guy is probably going to win at the end. It'd kinda suck if you're playing Sonic Adventure 2 beat the Finalhazard and then the cutscene after has the Ark hit Earth anyway. 

I hope I'm not coming off like s jerk it'sjust super weird to me how people read this as "Sonic cam never have any hardships in a story ever" when like Lost World he's dealing with how things escalated because of his brash actions and on Forces he gets his ass kicked and was imprisoned for 6 months and Metal Virus he's struggling the whole time. 

It's just a very strange mandate to make since, well, does anyone expect the good guy to lose permanently in a family franchise like Sonic?

If there's sort of alternate stipulations I could understand, but in terms of just 'the bad guy can't kill Sonic off permanently and take over' it's kind of, "Uh, yeah, duh."

Hell even in terms of more mundane losses, they've shown leeway there. Boom had Sonic end up the butt monkey of several episodes unnegated, even in sorts of lite role reversal situations where he's the antagonistic character getting his comeuppance. Them outright stating such a mandate exists is about the only reason Sonic wouldn't seem like a pretty fallible protagonist.

2 hours ago, SBR2 said:

I don't think most of the people who complain about this are still reading the comics.

32 minutes ago, E-122-Psi said:

It's just a very strange mandate to make since, well, does anyone expect the good guy to lose permanently in a family franchise like Sonic?

If there's sort of alternate stipulations I could understand, but in terms of just 'the bad guy can't kill Sonic off permanently and take over' it's kind of, "Uh, yeah, duh."

If it's by a case-by-case basis, maybe it just depends. Like, an issue can't end at a point where it seems like all hope is lost even if he's obviously going to win eventually. 

1 minute ago, Razule said:

I don't think most of the people who complain about this are still reading the comics.

Fair enough but even in the games it's weird to complain about to me like do you guys want Sonic to lose the final fight and Eggman to conquer the world? 

I mean look it's not like Sonic is some big sweeping epic it's an episodic scheme of the week type thing so it's not like there's going to be any major lasting Consequences from one game to the next unless it's a new major character or some small reference to a past game. It's not Jak & Daxter or Ratchet & Clank.

48 minutes ago, Superessaay2 said:

Sega's decision to stop making consoles😢

I do wonder if SEGA is going to make their own consoles again...

There is nearly no chance they'll make a new console. And even less a chance that they do one that wouldn't be some kind of nice bonus and stop making game for the big HD consoles. And it's been more time since they stopped doing console that their whole time doing one.

And if they did, I think that they would more make something like the AtariVCS (a glorified low-powered PC with a custom way-too-much-locked Linux on it with an hastly done UI slapped on it) than the real new console that revolutionize the industrie.

Even to be fair, with how much the AtariVCS is a trainwreck, it wouldn't be hard to do better lol.

All in one, going for third-party and putting Sonic in all plateform wasn't a bad idea. IMO, it was needed for their survival. And I think that for the Sonic IP, is was more good than bad, because it certainly helped the IP to get a new public. But I wouldn't really call it a mandates, it was more of a circumstances.

IMO, there is not much mandates I have strong opinion off.

I mean, I think that Shadow's writing could be better in IDW, but I feel that Evan Stanley already have managed to do something more interesting with him, and I feel that it's the kind of thing that'll change in time. I'm not too afraid by SEGA's mandates : they often changes and they don't keep that much long. Even Shadow, his current writing is pretty recent in a way, as the first instance of it was in Boom, and in many official stuff, Shadow isn't that much different than before (In episode Shadow he is harsh, but he has great alchemy with rouge and omega… Even though even in Chao Races and Badnik Bases, Rouge show that she is really the only one he listen too xD), and it's especially visible in some recent Sonic Channel stuff about him, where his "soft" side is shown. So for the moment, I'm not too afraid.

And all the "Sonic can't loose", "Sonic can't have strong emotion", etc… Well, they are mostly common mandates, especially as the products show that they aren't that restrictive that we could think, so I'm not that bothered.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can’t find a source on this at all but I’m sure I’ve read somewhere there’s a mandate that states ‘Sonic can’t show both his teeth and tongue at the same time in official artwork’ or something to that extent.

There's no official word about the mandates aside from what Ian Flynn says, and given he's been working on the comics longer than anyone, I think it's safe to take his word over anyone else's. 

There's literally no reason to assume that Flynn is lying, because he has nothing to gain from it. The fact of the matter is, people gotta take what we hear at face value and stop assuming there's some conspiracy going on. 

41 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

There's no official word about the mandates aside from what Ian Flynn says, and given he's been working on the comics longer than anyone, I think it's safe to take his word over anyone else's. 

There's literally no reason to assume that Flynn is lying, because he has nothing to gain from it. The fact of the matter is, people gotta take what we hear at face value and stop assuming there's some conspiracy going on. 

I got into an argument with this guy about that. When I gave him evidence by showing other people talking about the mandates he said 

None of those are from Sega. So no, and none of that even proves ALL the mandates are from Sega. So...Extra no. I never denied the Mandates. Just that all of them are from Sega. So keep defending Ian, Who I still view as a Piece of shit not worthy of trust, and that goes for ANY one working with or under him.

He mentions the Sonic Movie, ignoring that Paramount bought full creative control over the movie, hence were under less obligation to follow the mandates.

If you want to entertain the words of somebody who is pretty clearly a hater and arguing in bad faith, versus the man who actually works on the official products and has official contact with the higher ups, then be my guest.

I have no idea why you or anyone should care what some random Joe  on the Internet thinks.

EDIT: And now I see your post was deleted from Reddit, so now I think you're just trying to intentionally start shit over nothing.