Awoo.

Parallells between Blaze and Sonic ?.

jackyjoy123

Hello,

I did something similar to this waaay back, but this time I won't be trying to argue that Blaze and Sonic are the same person, like I was doing back when I was more naive. Design wise, Blaze shares nothing with Sonic, and looks like a cross between Eggman and Big. Well, minus the weight.

So I figured I'd start a thread dedicating to comparing and contrasting the characters in a more careful, logical way.

At first glance, Blaze seems to share more with Knuckles than she does with Sonic. She started out as a loner, who then befriended Sonic after fighting him, she is an emerald guardian, and she's tied to a mysterious, mystical bloodline.

Still, I tend to see Blaze as what Sonic would have been like if he'd had Knux's job. Unlike Knuckles, who rarely appears upset at his lot in life, Blaze hated her role at first. She was dedicated to it, but only because the assurance that she was "doing the right thing" was the only thing giving her purpose in life.

I guess they may sound strange, but I feel like, deep down, Blaze wants to be more like Sonic. We get hints every now and then of her having a more cocky and playful side. She almost seems jealous of him during the Dead Line battle in Rush 1...Her angry, somewhat out of control rant against him has a slight tone of "You have a family. I don't. Why?"

And while she can't live the same carefree lifestyle Sonic does, her character arc in the Rush games seems to revolve around her beginning to view her role as a hero as something that can be fun, instead of just some curse that fate dumped on her. Near the end of Rush Adventure, she smiles and refers to her job as "my duty...and my honor," indicating that she's beginning to be glad that she's a warrior princess.

I guess what I'm saying is that even though Blaze is literally the same as Sonic, she may at least provide in sight into what happens when person with the same basic hopes and dreams as Sonic is forced to repress them.

thanks

jackyjoy

• Thumbs Up 1
  • My Emmerdoods 1

1 hour ago, jackyjoy123 said:

At first glance, Blaze seems to share more with Knuckles than she does with Sonic. She started out as a loner, who then befriended Sonic after fighting him, she is an emerald guardian, and she's tied to a mysterious, mystical bloodline.

Still, I tend to see Blaze as what Sonic would have been like if he'd had Knux's job. Unlike Knuckles, who rarely appears upset at his lot in life, Blaze hated her role at first. She was dedicated to it, but only because the assurance that she was "doing the right thing" was the only thing giving her purpose in life.

jackyjoy

I dont agree with you when you say that she is more parallel to Knuckles.

Why because you forgot a cruicial piece of Blaze's puzzle.

SILVER!!!!!!!

Then again I wouldnt look at it like are they parallel i would look at like do their personality fit each other.

When i think of Blaze i think of Silver these two are a package deal.

Blaze keeps to herself, in Rush games she only got involved because she wanted to,Blaze has great power but humble.

Silver needs freinds,loves to get involved when he can,great power but humble.

If we look at Sonic, he's very social,relies on his friends and always has confidence.

There is one loophole here that you needed to address.

Which is CONFIDENCE!

Silver and Blaze both lacked confidence, they both came from different diemensions, they both connect in way no other characters can.

So with that said do i believe Sonic or Knuckles parallell Blaze no i do not.

Character wise she's a somewhat fused version of Knuckles' isolation and guardian duties, with a cold, distrusting exterior similar to Shadow (at least until she starts making friends).

Design wise, Blaze's shoes are parallel to Sonic's. 

• Way Past Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 7:33 PM, jackyjoy123 said:

Hello,

I did something similar to this waaay back, but this time I won't be trying to argue that Blaze and Sonic are the same person, like I was doing back when I was more naive. Design wise, Blaze shares nothing with Sonic, and looks like a cross between Eggman and Big. Well, minus the weight.

So I figured I'd start a thread dedicating to comparing and contrasting the characters in a more careful, logical way.

I guess they may sound strange, but I feel like, deep down, Blaze wants to be more like Sonic. We get hints every now and then of her having a more cocky and playful side. She almost seems jealous of him during the Dead Line battle in Rush 1...Her angry, somewhat out of control rant against him has a slight tone of "You have a family. I don't. Why?"

And while she can't live the same carefree lifestyle Sonic does, her character arc in the Rush games seems to revolve around her beginning to view her role as a hero as something https://krogerfeedback.nl https://talktosonic.onl https://talktowendys.vip https://whataburgersurvey.onl that can be fun, instead of just some curse that fate dumped on her. Near the end of Rush Adventure, she smiles and refers to her job as "my duty...and my honor," indicating that she's beginning to be glad that she's a warrior princess.

I guess what I'm saying is that even though Blaze is literally the same as Sonic, she may at least provide in sight into what happens when person with the same basic hopes and dreams as Sonic is forced to repress them.

thanks

jackyjoy

thanks my issue has been fixed.

2 hours ago, azoo said:

I’m... not sure what happened with the above post. What? 

His issue has been fixed? Sounds like he got a software update. 😆

It's a government robot! Where's my tin foil hat!?

2021-01-24 00.41.27.jpg

41 minutes ago, SonicFan2832 said:

It's a government robot! Where's my tin foil hat!?

2021-01-24 00.41.27.jpg

Wah! Maybe you're right!

In all seriousness, i find both @jackyjoy123's and @LeviTheGreat's explanations both make sense considering that Silver's almost-naivety is parallel to Blaze's levelheadedness and how Blaze's relationship with sonic and her character grow throughout the rush games

I think people have the wrong idea about Blaze. She's Sonic's counterpart sure but they aren't literally the same person. She has her own separate personality and quirks like Sonic is cocky and self sure but Blaze is closed off and reserved. Sonic hates water Blaze hates hights.

There's similarities between them but they aren't the exact same person. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Fist Bump 1