Awoo.

Currently looking for anyone who might be interested to look inside the Sonic 1 prototype for Madonna and other feb 1990 content?

Sanikfan1990

Hey guys! I just saw this really shocking find and I must say the hidden palace done a very impressive job! Unfortunately, their updates are too slow and not very informative enough to keep us going with older Sonic content. However, if only you guys could dig deeper without wasting time playing with the controls, theres 1990 feb content out there according to tcrf! Someone please look it up! I am crossing my fingers for Madonna here! :ok_hand::D

I just want to see if there 1990 leftovers inside this prototype such as sprites and music I seriously can't wait! :thumbsup:

1453071254_ScreenShot2021-01-07at9_16_03PM.thumb.png.ceba6d935e63e9e1c794575c3a8b16a8.png

Sonic1prerelease_madonna.png.11a7f797e322c0bb85448707f4d8fa4e.png

1 hour ago, Sanikfan1990 said:

Hey guys! I just saw this really shocking find and I must say the hidden palace done a very impressive job! Unfortunately, their updates are too slow and not very informative enough to keep us going with older Sonic content. However, if only you guys could dig deeper without wasting time playing with the controls, theres 1990 feb content out there according to tcrf! Someone please look it up! I am crossing my fingers for Madonna here! :ok_hand::D

Finding prototypes isn't exactly easy to do, let alone acquiring and dumping them. It's a crapshoot whether one will show up to begin with; the newly dumped prototype is 30 years old. The purpose of the Hidden Palace streams were to give a guided tour of everything, no matter how small. That stuff can still be valuable, even if subtle.

The Cutting Room Floor have already been through a lot of stuff, so your best bet is checking there for a detailed list. It mentions leftovers from that demo, but digging into this stuff isn't necessarily an afternoon job, and that's bearing in mind that the folks over there are more likely to be versed in this stuff than us.  

Anyway... you're probably not getting Madonna out of it regardless. She barely made it out of the concept stage, let alone into the actual game. Closest you'll probably get is this 1990 Toy Show demo, and even that's just sprited concept art. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Absolutely 1

Thanks for the reply but I hate to break it  to you that you don't really know what's INSIDE the demo. Sure they just started looking into it since it was newly released but seriously there should be more people looking into this right?!  I mean come on, Sonic is extremely popular and this was a prototype that every fan wanted after all those years. What makes you think nobody else besides tcrf are looking at this? Anyway Im just crossing my fingers. Meanwhile, you can enjoy being negative about it because I sure damn know better that according to tcrf they found 1990 feb content but they won't show us anything until a month or 2. They're usually slow when it comes to updating. I tried my best asking around other people if they can look through it too but it seems like they don't really care. 

I'd doubt that Madonna or any of the band made it into even the start of the 'game making' process. The story is that those ideas were scrapped VERY shortly after Sonic was chosen as the winning candidate to take down Mario.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sanikfan1990 said:

Thanks for the reply but I hate to break it  to you that you don't really know what's INSIDE the demo. Sure they just started looking into it since it was newly released but seriously there should be more people looking into this right?!  I mean come on, Sonic is extremely popular and this was a prototype that every fan wanted after all those years. What makes you think nobody else besides tcrf are looking at this? Anyway Im just crossing my fingers. Meanwhile, you can enjoy being negative about it because I sure damn know better that according to tcrf they found 1990 feb content but they won't show us anything until a month or 2. They're usually slow when it comes to updating. I tried my best asking around other people if they can look through it too but it seems like they don't really care. 

You don't know either.

My point is, no matter how many people are looking into it, this stuff isn't easy and results take time. If other people are looking into it, by all means go find those people. But whatever other people find will probably end up on TCRF pretty quickly anyway, so it's not going to be a significantly different timeframe. Given Hidden Palace and TCRF frequently work together, I'd imagine some of TCRF even got a headstart on rummaging through the dump.

Feb 1990 content does not equal Madonna. I find it unlikely she made it into any actual game scenario, since she got cut so early on in the project. I don't think there'd be anything more significant than the demo loop shown earlier.

TCRF won't show stuff until it's actually been found, and that'll take however long it takes. Shit, even the main page for Sonic the Hedgehog mentions undocumented sequence data for some tracks is on the to-do list; but there's a lot of games that people on sites like TCRF work on rooting through, and there's only so many people with free time and the skillsets to do that. 

• Thumbs Up 6

It's going to take a split disassembly to fully understand what this demo has, but there's just no way Madonna or any of her assets made it to this build. Perhaps she was in a older build such as the Tokyo Toy Show which most likely wasn't even a playable demo and is lost to time. There is a split disassembly being worked on by a few people in the community, however disassemblies take lots of time and effort so big discoveries probably will still yet to come. There's still people finding stuff in other prototypes, heck some of the prototypes the community has had for years but people found lost music, sprites, etc. years after they were released to the public. (About a year ago I discovered that the Sonic Drift Demo doesn't even work properly in Kega Fusion, and I didn't even see the full demo on Youtube... that demo was released in 2007/2008.) Either way I wouldn't get your hopes up for Madonna assets to be found in this build.

...So, this is my first time ever hearing of any connection with Madonna. You guys seem to say it's been known about for a long time. I must be out of the loop.

For some reason, the song "Vogue" reminded me of the classic Sonic games and I never knew why. There seemed to be no connection, but my brain would bring back memories of the early Sonic era when I heard it. I guess now I can say there is some sorta connection. xD Especially since that song came out in 1990.

But damn Sonic was just rolling with the celeb endorsements.

7 minutes ago, Angyu said:

...So, this is my first time ever hearing of any connection with Madonna. You guys seem to say it's been known about for a long time. I must be out of the loop.

For some reason, the song "Vogue" reminded me of the classic Sonic games and I never knew why. There seemed to be no connection, but my brain would bring back memories of the early Sonic era when I heard it. I guess now I can say there is some sorta connection. xD Especially since that song came out in 1990.

But damn Sonic was just rolling with the celeb endorsements.

No no, "Madonna" is just the name of a character that was going to be in Sonic 1 as Sonic's girlfriend. We aren't talking about the singer lol.

18 minutes ago, Natie said:

No no, "Madonna" is just the name of a character that was going to be in Sonic 1 as Sonic's girlfriend. We aren't talking about the singer lol.

...Oh. .____. Welp.

I mean she bears a somewhat superficial resemblance to Madonna, I think she even did have a haircut like that at one point.

Was she named after the singer? Seems too coincidental not to be at a high point in her fame.

Only two references to the Sonic Band actually made it into the games. 

1. Vector (originally the drummer).

2. Sonic using a microphone in the credits of the Master System/Game Gear versions of Sonic 1.

The Archie comics did feature a couple of the other members in Mina's band before the reboot, I think.