Awoo.

Older Sonic Games Still Being Sold Retail

SonicFanForLife

Has anyone else noticed that Walmart still sells Sonic Unleashed at their stores?

Really?!! I'm in the UK and we have Walmart owned 'ASDA" stores and I've not seen a PS3/360 game in one of those for years now.

I mean, I don't see why they shouldn't. As long as they have the game in store...

Just the other day I bought an album from 2011. What should have stopped me? They had the product, I was interested, so I bought. That's one of the essences of capitalism (Unless we are talking about some serious crisis as the 1929 one).

I even believe some reissues of Unleashed were made recently (about 6-7 years ago) so this even increase the reasons for them to have it. If that's not enough arguments, you can even say poor sales just increased their stocks.

I see nothing wrong here.

I'm in the US. The stores here still have whole racks of 360 games. They sell them for $13 because they're the Platinum Hits variants like the Nintendo Selects.

2 minutes ago, Solister said:

I mean, I don't see why they shouldn't. As long as they have the game in store...

I see nothing wrong here.

I didn't say it was wrong. I'm just surprised that Sega is still making money off of retail copies of it. (It's a really great game by the way) Kind of like how Nintendo is still profiting from Mario Kart Wii sales.

• Thumbs Up 1

A ton of Xbox 360 games received a re-release because of the Backwards Compatibility of Xbox One and Series X/S. They received new Xbox One case packaging with both the Xbox One and 360 logos at the top, and are sold at cheaper prices for obvious reasons. A quick search on Amazon reveals Unleashed is one of these titles.

1 hour ago, Eurisko said:

Really?!! I'm in the UK and we have Walmart owned 'ASDA" stores and I've not seen a PS3/360 game in one of those for years now.

ASDA is typically lacking with their game selections, only stocking PS4/Xbox One/Switch stuff. There was a period of time they did PS3/Xbox 360 with them, but that stopped awhile ago, and their game selection has only gotten worse. Some stores don’t even have PS5/Series X stuff in yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Solister said:

Just the other day I bought an album from 2011.

Tbh, I notice that physical CDs tend to be around for a loooong time after their initial release on store shelves. It seems to work differently from video games.

32 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

A ton of Xbox 360 games received a re-release because of the Backwards Compatibility of Xbox One and Series X/S. They received new Xbox One case packaging with both the Xbox One and 360 logos at the top, and are sold at cheaper prices for obvious reasons. A quick search on Amazon reveals Unleashed is one of these titles.

ASDA is typically lacking with their game selections, only stocking PS4/Xbox One/Switch stuff. There was a period of time they did PS3/Xbox 360 with them, but that stopped awhile ago, and their game selection has only gotten worse. Some stores don’t even have PS5/Series X stuff in yet.

Oh I agree 100% there. They have gotten worse over the last 5 years or so, the entertainment section used to be quite extensive.. My local has next to nothing but does have the latest releases in stock.

Though funnily enough they are selling brand new CD walkmans. Mad.

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else seen any Sonic games older than Sonic Unleashed at stores recenty? One time, about two years ago, I found a Sonic Rivals at a Walmart for only $12! It was on their clearance table, so it had apparently been sitting in the back room for years.

8 hours ago, SonicFan2832 said:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone else seen any Sonic games older than Sonic Unleashed at stores recenty? One time, about two years ago, I found a Sonic Rivals at a Walmart for only $12! It was on their clearance table, so it had apparently been sitting in the back room for years.

Sonic 2 Game Gear 1 copy in 2018 https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/28/17296778/wtf-game-gear-sonic-the-hedgehog-2-npd-oddities