Awoo.

Welcome to the Neo Artside

RadicalLaRuby

Hi, just starting a new fanart thread, the old one got buried. I usually keep it traditional with pen and/or watercolors, unless I'm doing the rare animation.

FcXNNSO.jpg

heV5Ylh.jpg

cNUjV8z.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

35th anniversary art I made in September. It was actually my first game I ever got on my 5th Bday. Posca Pens are very good for the sky and clouds, I was afraid they would leave streaks. The ground and popsicle mountains are color pencil, for about 7-8 hours. Needless to say, I will never torture my hand like that with color pencils again. The overall piece was about 12 hours.

1L1161c.jpg

Oh wait, I forgot to color Luigi's L. Ha. I'll fix that in a bit.

• Thumbs Up 2

pTDCH5H.jpg

Vengeance is a Nightmare. Throw it all Away.

f6oNbJy.jpg

It might freeze him, but it's the thought that counts. Even Chaos deserves a Christmas.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

The Mario Bros drawing is classic!

The Shadow drawing with Got Ring? in the background was cool!

The Chaos drawing was just so cute and touching!

Thank You! For these amazing pieces well done again!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/31/2021 at 4:23 PM, prettyinplague said:

I love your coloring it's fantastic! 

Thank you, never saw this comment until now for some reason. This series is my main inspiration for coloring.

LpLlzs5.jpg

I've been on and off with this one, for about 2 years and 3 months, hence the time. Also, might have subconsciously mimicked a Sonic scroll on my wall, I didn't realize how familiar that pose looked until much later lol

The sky was done in sharpie. The water and some city lights were in Posca Paint Pen. I'm surprised how seamless it was, and the blacks don't clash too much. Anything else is Chameleon Pens. It's a bit inconsistent, but I also didn't want to clutter the background and lose Tails, so I cut back on it. But man, staring at the pixels for so long...I never realized just how much they put into the presentation of these games, especially with the illusion of flickering lights.

• Thumbs Up 2

I just want to say how cute that Chaos pic is. Makes me kind of wish it got a redemption arc of some kind after all the fan content I've seen playing up its sympathetic side.

• Thumbs Up 1

Slight tangent, but I just wanted to share off one of my main characters from my comic real quick. His name is Raze. I'm just happy I finally got a design I like after so many years on and off it. I've been recently trying to shift to a slightly more anatomical approach with the designs.

0yFU9ft.jpg

6AB28cN.jpg

The first form is a tad bright, I will tweak the color. The second form would work well in darker backdrops. I have a chapter released, but I did not like the dialogue and flow of action, so I'm rewriting it.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:00 PM, Azure Blue Tori said:

I just want to say how cute that Chaos pic is. Makes me kind of wish it got a redemption arc of some kind after all the fan content I've seen playing up its sympathetic side.

I wish that as well, especially with how prominent his figure was throughout the Adventure days. Sonic Battle made me think he was gonna have a much bigger role in helping Emerl.

• Thumbs Up 1

Your art is incredibly good. I really love watercolors and you do an excellent job with them. The lineart is also great and I love that you make tributes to so many different games.

• Thumbs Up 1

I especially love the Shadow piece you've done! The choice of colours you've made on the lineart of his hands is great, really adds to the ethereal glow when using his powers, and the smoke by his shoes too. And the Chaos with the Chao in the snow is adorable and so sweet, great job!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 6 months later...
On 3/28/2021 at 8:39 AM, Vee-Skies said:

I especially love the Shadow piece you've done! The choice of colours you've made on the lineart of his hands is great, really adds to the ethereal glow when using his powers, and the smoke by his shoes too. And the Chaos with the Chao in the snow is adorable and so sweet, great job!

Thanks, with the hand glows I tried to reference chaos control and chaos blast, and I'm a huge fan of his fighting style from Sonic Battle (wish they'd do that again).