Awoo.

Sega recasting voice actors for main characters(Sonic, Tails Amy etc)

Wraith

10 hours ago, azoo said:

If Drummond EVER got the role again the entire internet would be an absolute warzone. There would be riots, mace, websites burning down over the discourse.

I wouldn't pick Ryan Drummond to be Sonic again. He wasn't as good as Jason Griffith or Roger Craig Smith. I think Black Gryph0n would be a good replacement for Roger. His voice is really versatle. His Sonic impression is at the 2:55 mark.

• Chuckle 1

10 hours ago, SonicFan2832 said:

I wouldn't pick Ryan Drummond to be Sonic again. He wasn't as good as Jason Griffith or Roger Craig Smith. I think Black Gryph0n would be a good replacement for Roger. His voice is really versatle. His Sonic impression is at the 2:55 mark.

Very talented!

A friend of mine has a theory that Ben Schwartz is replacing him and that's why RCS left I just... no. I refuse. He's fine for a family film but he doesn't have what it takes to carry a whole game franchise, I'm sorry. 

On 1/31/2021 at 3:19 PM, azoo said:

I mean, even if you recognize Tom Kenny, he clearly has a distinct Spongebob voice that he doesn't use for most other characters. Only other character I think he's done that had a voice close to him was Carl from Johnny Bravo? And even then that was an era before Spongebob was a big deal. You don't get hung up on the VA as much when there's enough to separate their other performances, because I definitely don't get caught up on him voicing Ice King or the Mayor of Townsville. S'about that range, man.

There's a difference between that and say, Mike Pollock literally just using his Eggman voice on every character in a slightly higher register than his speaking voice. Hearing him verbatim in Beserk is wild. lol

I mean, there were those electric things in Spyro 1.

I honestly think if Mike does end up leaving it'll hurt the most. While my first game as a fan was Adventure 2 Battle and Deem Bristo was great Mike has been Eggman pretty much for the entire time I've been a fan.

He is Eggman and he embodies the essence of the character so well. 

Plus we can argue about any of the other actor all day everyday but it's hard to deny Mike Pollock is beloved. He's one of the only 4Kids actors who never got any shit during their time, he survived one cast change over to widespread acclaim and his portrayal of Eggman and just Eggman in general is one of the few things the fandom agrees is one of the most consistently good things about post-Colors games.

Losing Mike would be such a blow.

• Thumbs Up 4

If everyone including Mike Pollock is getting replaced, then I'd really like to know what it is that they think they gain by replacing the cast as often as they do. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I feel like it's odd that so much has been happening over the past week, and the only thing we've heard from SEGA about all of this is...well...this.

Writers seem to be gone, voice actor cast departures, Sonic Prime reveal...all seemingly happening at the same time. But, nothing from SEGA.

I really feel like it's time for SEGA to clear things up because now everyone's just wondering what the hell is going on.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

I feel like it's odd that so much has been happening over the past week, and the only thing we've heard from SEGA about any of this is...well...this.

Writers seem to be gone, voice actor cast depatures, Sonic Prime reveal...all seemingly happening at the same time.

I really feel like it's time for SEGA to clear things up because now everyone's just ondering what the hell is going on.

SEGA might as well just tell everyone "Hey!  We are restarting the franchise!  So, that's why we got rid of all the previous voice actors and writers!"  At least, that would clear things up.

3 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

SEGA might as well just tell everyone "Hey!  We are restarting the franchise!  So, that's why we got rid of all the previous voice actors and writers!"  At least, that would clear things up.

Like...they don't even need to go into full detail yet. Just let us know what the VA cast is going to be like from here on out, and if this is part of a major shake-up of the brand or not.

Just...say something.

• Thumbs Up 2

Sega: "We'd like to wish the voice actors well in their future endeavors and are thrilled at the work they've done with such legendary characters. Stay tuned for more info in the future."

You know it to be true.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think it's much safer to assume that everyone is being replaced right now. We can speculate the reason for that once we have a new voice confirmed, but until then assume Mike, Colleen, Kirk, and everyone currently voicing these characters no longer is.

12 minutes ago, SSF1991 said:

Like...they don't even need to go into full detail yet. Just let us know what the VA cast is going to be like from here on out, and if this is part of a major shake-up of the brand or not.

Just...say something.

Exactly!  They could have said something like "we are taking Sonic in a new direction, so we are starting the story from scratch" or something like that.  Anything that will tell us exactly what is going on.

I think we're jumping to conclusions by equating major VA changes to a reboot. We had an all-but-one change with Colors and an entire cast change with StH, but it was all still set in the same universe.

Still, regardless, it's sad to hear that they're all going. *Except for Karen Strassman

4 minutes ago, Sapphirine Wind said:

I think we're jumping to conclusions by equating major VA changes to a reboot. We had an all-but-one change with Colors and an entire cast change with StH, but it was all still set in the same universe.

I think most are thinking a soft reboot is more likely than a total one.

4 minutes ago, Razule said:

I think most are thinking a soft reboot is more likely than a total one.

Like Sonic Colors? Okay, that makes more sense. "restarting" gives me "total restart" vibes, like how most directors' Spider-Man or Batman movies show their origin when they write their first movie for them.

So that's a hard confirm on both Roger as Sonic and Cindy as Amy being gone for good.

Meanwhile, Colleen isn't going to be Tails in Sonic Prime. She doesn't know about the games going forward because of the fingers crossed tweet she sent out.

As for Mike, he doesn't know if he's going to be Eggman in Prime either. Although, he's being his usual, lovely self on Twitter. I love the man's sarcasm and wit. Reading it sometimes tricks me into believing there's nothing to worry about in the world. 

• Fist Bump 1

No disrespect to Kirk Thornton, but I really hope Shadow is getting a new voice. He’s in the most dire need of one.

1 hour ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

So that's a hard confirm on both Roger as Sonic and Cindy as Amy being gone for good.

Meanwhile, Colleen isn't going to be Tails in Sonic Prime. She doesn't know about the games going forward because of the fingers crossed tweet she sent out.

As for Mike, he doesn't know if he's going to be Eggman in Prime either. Although, he's being his usual, lovely self on Twitter. I love the man's sarcasm and wit. Reading it sometimes tricks me into believing there's nothing to worry about in the world. 

Think he will be Eggman at Prime, he has retweeted the Prime news when it came out.

He also mentioned stuff about NDAS now that I think about it clearly.