Jump to content
Awoo.

Sega recasting voice actors for main characters(Sonic, Tails Amy etc)


Wraith
 Share

Recommended Posts

Rabbitearsblog
2 hours ago, Polkadi~☆ said:

SonicTubers are starved for content, and will milk the heck out of whatever they can get just to keep up the regular content. So they'll play up Ryan Drummond talking to SEGA (which could mean anything), and they'll play up Max Mittleman being a good Sonic voice, but it's all talk that means nothing right now.

It's fun to talk about potential voice actors for Sonic, but everyone needs to keep their expectations in check instead of confirming random rumours and discussions as fact.

I never liked it when they go by these rumors and don't see if the information is actually confirmed or not.  It's fine discussing about what voice actors you want to voice these characters, but don't feed the viewers false information about what news is actually confirmed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I try not to keep my hopes up, I can’t help but believe that Ryan coming back is a possibility. The dude clearly wants this role more than anything. Of course, that’s up to SEGA, who wanted him to leave his union the last time he tried to return to Sonic. I believe that happened around Generations if not earlier, so they could have warmed up to unions since then. If so, the return of Ryan could be more likely than you think.

21 minutes ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

I never liked it when they go by these rumors and don't see if the information is actually confirmed or not.  It's fine discussing about what voice actors you want to voice these characters, but don't feed the viewers false information about what news is actually confirmed.

I wish more SonicTubers would learn to take things with a grain of salt. I’m so tired of them treating rumours like facts; it just raises people’s expectations too high, and it creates an unpleasant atmosphere when they’re let down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

Mike is sticking around. He survives the voice actor changes once more. 

  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Promotion 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rabbitearsblog
2 hours ago, Piko said:

While I try not to keep my hopes up, I can’t help but believe that Ryan coming back is a possibility. The dude clearly wants this role more than anything. Of course, that’s up to SEGA, who wanted him to leave his union the last time he tried to return to Sonic. I believe that happened around Generations if not earlier, so they could have warmed up to unions since then. If so, the return of Ryan could be more likely than you think.

I wish more SonicTubers would learn to take things with a grain of salt. I’m so tired of them treating rumours like facts; it just raises people’s expectations too high, and it creates an unpleasant atmosphere when they’re let down.

I agree.  The worst part is if the show or the movie don't meet their expectations, some of them put it down without giving the properties a chance.  I mean, what happens if the movies or the TV shows were actually well written, but they still put them down because it didn't meet their expectations?  Personally, I would rather wait for the TV show or movies to come out first before I actually give out my judgement on them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VisionaryofSUPER

Oh thank goodness. He survived. Its possible he's being kept on for Prime too, but maybe just a sound-a-like for the show. 

I do hope we'll get news on the other new actors soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rabbitearsblog
6 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

Oh thank goodness. He survived. Its possible he's being kept on for Prime too, but maybe just a sound-a-like for the show. 

I do hope we'll get news on the other new actors soon. 

YAY!!! Mike's staying!!! What a relief!  Seriously, he's a fantastic Eggman and the series wouldn't be the same without him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's something funny about the villains voice actor being the Fandoms most cherished lol

Glad he's staying either way. Don't fix what isn't broken 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank the gods. Holy shit, finally some good news. Mike Pollock should be Eggman for the rest of his career.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rabbitearsblog
Just now, Soniman said:

There's something funny about the villains voice actor being the Fandoms most cherished lol

Glad he's staying either way. Don't fix what isn't broken 

LOL! I agree!  It's like nobody really complains about Eggman's voice actor!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryannumber1Santa

Mike's my favourite Eggman and all, but there's some special kind of irony in the fact that the guy who very much just regards the role as just one of many jobs (At least from what I've seen) stays on longest, while others like Roger who seemed to really care about the role, and interact with fans a lot on Twitter got the boot.

Still, I'm happy he's saying on, even if it's still really weird that SEGA is trigger-happy on recasting everyone else but Mike. 

  • Thumbs Up 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He mentions the video games so now I'm wondering if Colleen's tweet was referring only to not working on Prime and where the current game cast stands?

unknown.png

 

 

I mean, it's that or they just booted out everyone but Pollock again which wouldn't surprise me either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryannumber1Santa
10 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

He mentions the video games so now I'm wondering if Colleen's tweet was referring only to not working on Prime and where the current game cast stands?

I mean, it's that or they just booted out everyone but Pollock again which wouldn't surprise me either.

On one hand, I could see it, and Roger's non-casting just being a incredibly dumb one off, but even if that was the case, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if SEGA decided to pull a Sonic X and place whoever voices the cast in Prime into the main series.

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

On one hand, I could see it, and Roger's non-casting just being a incredibly dumb one off, but even if that was the case, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if SEGA decided to pull a Sonic X and place whoever voices the cast in Prime into the main series.

Yeah, admittedly if Prime is intended to be its own thing with no crossover, it doesn't make sense for Roger to step down in the first place. At this point I'm just trying to make sense of all the little scraps like Pollock's wording/what Colleen responded to and assumptions that have come up in this or the Sonic Prime thread (specifically that Prime's production might use a Canadian cast) but I guess it's too early to say.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dr. Detective Mike
37 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

He mentions the video games so now I'm wondering if Colleen's tweet was referring only to not working on Prime and where the current game cast stands?

unknown.png

I mean, it's that or they just booted out everyone but Pollock again which wouldn't surprise me either.

"Just Sonic Prime" was what I assumed. When she was asked if she was staying for the games I believe she just sent out a "Fingers crossed" tweet.

54 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Mike's my favourite Eggman and all, but there's some special kind of irony in the fact that the guy who very much just regards the role as just one of many jobs (At least from what I've seen) stays on longest, while others like Roger who seemed to really care about the role, and interact with fans a lot on Twitter got the boot.

Mike responds to everyone on Twitter. It's super easy to get him to talk to you. The man also showed off his Eggman credit card to everyone and gladly appears in stuff like the Twitter takeovers and that Sonic radio drama thing. Like, people ask him to follow them and his response is "Don't make me regret it" and then he does. 

He does like to make it clear that it's a job and not his life but I don't know if it's true to suggest he doesn't care about the role. It can get annoying when people talk to him as though he IS Eggman. I roll my eyes a little when I see people do that, even if they are playing around. They do it A LOT too. 

He says he loves working and therefore all his roles are his favorites but that just means he doesn't put the Eggman on a special pedastol. I can get behind that fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ryannumber1Santa
1 minute ago, Dr. Detective Mike said:

Mike responds to everyone on Twitter. It's super easy to get him to talk to you. The man also showed off his Eggman credit card to everyone and gladly appears in stuff like the Twitter takeovers and that Sonic radio drama thing. Like, people ask him to follow them and his response is "Don't make me regret it" and then he does. 

He does like to make it clear that it's a job and not his life but I don't know if it's true to suggest he doesn't care about the role. It can get annoying when people talk to him as though he IS Eggman. I roll my eyes a little when I see people do that, even if they are playing around. They do it A LOT too. 

He says he loves working and therefore all his roles are his favorites but that just means he doesn't put the Eggman on a special pedastol. I can get behind that fine. 

Don't get me wrong, I think Mike enjoys the role, it's just he's more detached about it, like if he lost it, it's just kind of whatever, no big deal.

I admit, maybe I did see his Twitter at a bad time, but when I saw it, he was more or less being sarcastic with most people, or even refusing to acknowledge Sonic in general, so that was kind of the impression I got. A look at his Twitter now though has a lot of interviews and pictures and jokes about Sonic, so who knows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dr. Detective Mike
1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Don't get me wrong, I think Mike enjoys the role, it's just he's more detached about it, like if he lost it, it's just kind of whatever, no big deal.

I admit, maybe I did see his Twitter at a bad time, but when I saw it, he was more or less being sarcastic with most people, or even refusing to acknowledge Sonic in general, so that was kind of the impression I got. A look at his Twitter now though has a lot of interviews and pictures and jokes about Sonic, so who knows?

I mean, yeah. That's true. 

He's always sarcastic though. He's actually one of the reasons I've enjoyed following some of this news. He's been relentlesy trolling people on his twitter about whether he's was going or staying and giving non-answers to things.

The replies to a post he made where he just posted the ending to some old sitcom of people singing a goodbye song were hilarious to read. "MIKE PLZ! DON'T DO THIS TO US!" and "HE'S TROLLING SO HARD YOU GUYS!"

God, it was great. Put a big old smile on my face.

  • Chuckle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PaddyFancy

The longer they keep Mike Pollock on but every so often they give everyone else the boot just makes less and less sense. What does this say about their attitudes to everyone else? Do they think they are that bad? Why does Pollock get special treatment over everyone else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would not mind if they had changed him. He is a fine eggman but I mean we or those that started with the series have had what like 6 eggmen in different forms of media now. Each had their own thing. And sometimes seeing something new is not always a bad thing BUT regardless if he is still around than just mean it will be the same voice. lets just hope the scripts changed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VisionaryofSUPER
28 minutes ago, PaddyFancy said:

The longer they keep Mike Pollock on but every so often they give everyone else the boot just makes less and less sense. What does this say about their attitudes to everyone else? Do they think they are that bad? Why does Pollock get special treatment over everyone else?

I mean, he only got the role the second time just because he auditioned when everyone else missed the boat. Maybe some of the other 4kids actors would have still been around if they did the same. But Mike got lucky. 

By the 3rd time, he's too entrenched into the franchise to be removed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jungle_penguins

I'm now realizing that I (and possibly others) might be overestimating it. Canadian produced animated show requires Canadian voice actors like 99% of the time. Any VA who doesn't have Canadian citizenship is guaranteed to not be in Sonic Prime. Do we know of any of the game cast that resides in Canada? I recall it being Los Angeles based minus Mike Pollock. Sonic and Amy's game VAs aren't returning but for all we know it's like Team Sonic Racing with there only having a few replacements for the games, not a full reboot of the cast.

The Sonic X transferring scenario is possible but it looks like a big hassle, but I'm unfamiliar with most of Sega's modern properties. 

8 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I mean, he only got the role the second time just because he auditioned when everyone else missed the boat. Maybe some of the other 4kids actors would have still been around if they did the same. But Mike got lucky. 

By the 3rd time, he's too entrenched into the franchise to be removed. 

Are there any more details to this? Would like to read up on it because the idea of Mike being the only one to reaudition in time is funny for the wrong reasons.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VisionaryofSUPER

I recall in an interview his agent called him to tell him about this role he may be good for after the recast. Mike immediately realized the man was talking about Eggman, and reauditioned. 

But I can't remember where I saw this interview cause it was for some youtube channel I can't remember. 

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pollock staying on is nice, I guess. Never loved him like everyone else seems to. Just never clicked for me after Bristow. Would've been interested in hearing someone else give their take.

Still, good for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dr. Detective Mike
2 hours ago, Razule said:

I thought it was that he was the only one called in to audition?

 

1 hour ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

I recall in an interview his agent called him to tell him about this role he may be good for after the recast. Mike immediately realized the man was talking about Eggman, and reauditioned. 

But I can't remember where I saw this interview cause it was for some youtube channel I can't remember. 

It was the Brainscratchcomms interview.

Basically, he explained that how it worked back in 2010 is that when it was time to recast, they went in and auditioned for the character. Or rather, in Mike's case, he goes in and re-auditions but its treated like he's just doing a regular audition. Mike said he got a call that was basically, "You're being called in to try out for the voice of Dr. Eggman!" and Mike was like "I thought I was already doing that..." in his head.

So he goes, does the same Eggman voice he always does, and he guessed they just liked the way his voice sounded the best so they picked him.

I'm guessing the same thing probably happened again. I don't want to assume anything though.

I doubt he's getting special treatment. I think they're genuinely just running down who auditions and just think Mike's sounds the best for what they want out of an Eggman voice.

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.