Awoo.

Sega recasting voice actors for main characters(Sonic, Tails Amy etc)

Wraith

Yeah I interpreted his statement as he didn't quit/step down from Sonic because he was done with the role. It seems to be more about a disagreement whether it be about unions, salary or so forth. I also think that is what Tara Strong's tweet could be alluding to. He didn't just "quit" Sonic, there was some industry condition that made Roger feel like his hand was forced between voicing Sonic and agreeing to terms he deemed unacceptable. 

Obviously this is just speculation though. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Spoiler

120064591_RCSTweet.jpg.c289b33f22a01af14fa59163d07b5236.jpg

Thought this tweet was a bit of a curious reply.

Not to try and claim that the situation isn't what it almost certainly is, but I did notice that he seems to leave the tiniest sliver of a possibility of returning to the role as well in that podcast, when right before the interviewer fully delves into asking him about it, Roger says:

"...And who knows, stranger things have happened in the world, you know, it's like, I have no idea what SEGA wants to do or what they're gonna do, but you know, things change sometimes, but we'll see."

On 2/3/2021 at 12:55 AM, Sapphirine Wind said:

I think we're jumping to conclusions by equating major VA changes to a reboot. We had an all-but-one change with Colors and an entire cast change with StH, but it was all still set in the same universe.

Still, regardless, it's sad to hear that they're all going. *Except for Karen Strassman

I'd be very happy with a reboot. I'd love for Sonic to get the Lara Croft reinvention treatment. I mean, what do they got to lose at this point? There's barely amy continuity in the games, the boost formula has grown stale, Sonic Team has seemingly lost enthusiasm. Why not a reinvention? 

It would certainly be the most interesting thing this franchise has done in nearly a decade since Generations. It would get me back in, that's for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I'm glad to read Roger walked rather than being pushed. However, that still make me wonder what has gone on as Colleen and Cindy are apparently also done.

Well with Colleen, I think she hasn't said anything for the games and just for Sonic Prime. So we might have to wait. As for Cindy, we don't know. It could be something along the lines of what we think happened to Roger (unable to come to an agreement etc) or something else.

The other thing is that we don't know are the specific details. For example, did Sega give each VA X amount of years for each contract that they would have to reaudition for once it expired and the whole cast's term was coming up ? That is an example of one reason that came up recently for Mike Pollock (having to reaudition) and the others too. But the truth is, we don't know. 

So I watched this Youtube video today that shows clips of an interview Roger did implying things just weren't the same anymore and he wanted to start living his life differently. Gotta wonder if they started treating him like trash or what.. who knows, maybe he was just tired of it and wanted something knew. Interesting either way though. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the industry was being crap and everyone joined in protest. The industry is pretty notorious for treating VAs poorly. 

As long as the Japanese voices remain, I don't rerally care since I always play with them (+ subtitles)!!...
In fact, even if i know that Mike Pollock as Eggman is really loved by many fans for instance, I don't feel like his voice suits Eggman : whenever I hear Mike Pollock as Dr Eggman, it makes me think more of an ogre more than Sonic's nemesis!!...
In Japanese, Eggman has a higher voice and an incredible laugh which make him very unique and not sounds like a typical bad guy for kid shows!!...
For me, Eggman is a mix between a mad evil scientist, a clown and a child, and that's really what I feel whenever I hear his Japanese voice (even if his new sieyuu is not as good as the dead one -but he is very good and his voice is not far from the previous one- mainly because of his incredible laugh which is good but a bit less crazy than before)!!...

But if it cares for other fans, I'm a bit sad the English voices change..

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah I'm saying with certainty that Prime will have it's own Canadian voice cast and the games will have an American one now.