Awoo.

Why Miles "Tails" Prower Matters and Deserves More

Redemption

Tails "Miles" Prower the bullied prodigy who is always willing to help. I think it's important to address how Tails has grown into the fearless fox he is today.

Before we jump into why he deserves more lets look at why he matters...

• Tails first appeared in Sonic The Hedgehog 2 in 1992 and helped double the sales of the original game.
  • The kid is so smart he learned how to fly with two tails which seemed impossible for regular fox's
  • Even though he knows how to fly he is somehow a pilot and can fix anything that comes his way. (This quote best describes his smarts :"I've built a TV out of
  • paperclips and reprogrammed a super computer using dishwashing detergent and a toothpick. (...) So look, fixing a propeller on a bi-plane? That's about as difficult as taking a nap.")
  • Tails is not afraid to expose Sonic's flaws and help him use common sense (This quote best describes it :"Good job to you on inventing a translator that allowed us to speak to the aliens and figure out exactly what we needed to do so we weren't running around the park looking like idiots. Oh no wait, that was me.")
  • When Tails is put down by others he knows how to bounce back and believe in himself (hence his theme song) (example: in Sonic Riders Wave tried to imtimdate Tails by making him feel like she was a better mechanic than he was when she really just rigged Sonic's board cause she was afraid they wouldn't win)Tails doesn't let his disabiliy define him which shows us in the real world to do the same
  • Tails is brave enough to take on anything even going as far as fighting Eggman solo.
  • Archie Tails shows that Tails is not just a sidekick he has feelings too and he has a family legacy to protect no matter the cost
  • Idw Tails shows how worried he is about Sonic and his reckless ways.

So why does he deserve more! Well i'm gonna start with the fact that Tails is what paved the way for other characters to be added so he at least deserves some mention for that. I know Tails has had his own adventure on the Game Gear (which i hate personally) but lets be honest that was a half hearted effort and we know they can do more than that. Which goes back to the topic is being a sidekick okay, i would say yes it's okay to be player number 2 as long as you get your own game like Luigi did. We all know that Luigi's game was treated just as well as Mario's so he deserves at least a soild game with a story mode)

Tails needs to be given back his solo adventures in the comics i'm not talking about some lil mention in the annual comic no i want a complete spinoff! Why? because if you can give Tangle and Whisper their own spinoff series and they both just showed up then Tails who has been around for 29 years doesn't get some soild spinoff series that is worth our time that's just sad.

Tails need's to start being confident again! This is just one of the reasons Forces is garbage in my books. Tails is shown as a lil weakling who depends on Sonic what happened to big and bad Tails ready to take on Eggman. Sega needs to fix this now! Not for the fans but for the future of Tails and his character.

That is why Tails matters and deserves more than they give him. Tails is treasured in my heart and i sure hope you treasure him in yours.

Any comments? Put em below

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree that SEGA needs to treat Tails better again.  It's a shame about how he was treated in recent games, especially Forces.  What I loved so much about Tails is how he had the most natural character progression out of the entire cast as he went from a little kid who followed Sonic around to being able to handle his own in battles.  That's why I loved his character growth in the Sonic Adventure series as it shows that he had to stop relying on Sonic so much and it was then that he took on Eggman by himself.  I wouldn't mind seeing a solo game series for Tails in the near future!

• Thumbs Up 2

I've got nothing about Tails being more frightened than other character. I think that it's nice to remind the player/reader that he is a children and that some situation are really too stressful for him (especially that moment during his semi-solo issue where he cried). It should be written better (basically like in IDWSonic where it's really well done)

My problem with Forces was more the handling of the scene, not really him be afraid of the god of destruction that he only fought with the help of two of the strongest Sonic character. My problem was that this fear was just treated as a cartoony situation instead of a real fear that you can feel, it didn't look like that "this child character that I love is attacked by a powerful creature", the situation lacked the tension it needed.

But Tails being afraid, shy, crying ? I think that's important to characterize him a bit that way, in order to make him a real character, and to make him more different than other Sonic characters (less assertive). He should have some "moments to shine" (in Forces, the idea of him being basically the tactician of the Resistance was really nice), but also those moments. just with better writing.

• Thumbs Up 3

How does Tails "hold a candle" against other characters. (in other word's what does Tails have that others don't).

How can Tails continue to grow and develop as a character in the games and the comics?

How do you think Tails learned about enginering and all these other things to gain his smarts?

What if Tails had never found Sonic how do you think he would have turned out?

I used to look up to Tails as an idol of sorta. I know that sounds corny but it's true. I thought he was so cool.

While admittedly, his more recent personality is more similar to me IRL (I'm a huge coward lol)... it's not very inspiring or someone kids would look up to.

7 hours ago, Redemption said:

This was the most touching "Tails" moment.

God now I remembered another reason I stopped watching Sonic X...

It was just way too corny. Damn I couldn't even get through that video without cringing. It was like a pre-school cartoon sometimes.

Sad to say, we don't find cool people in real life after being bullied. We just suffer mental illnesses for the rest of our lives. (Then again, I can't repair things either so.)