Awoo.

A Sonic Adventure Playground is now open in Brazil

Badnik Mechanic

If you've followed my YouTube channel recently, hell even if you've seen some of my articles on TSS over my time writing for the site.

You'll probably see that Brazil has an INSANE Sonic fandom. Well they've now opened a Sonic Adventure Playground for both kids and adults.

So it's themed mainly around the Green Hill Zone and has a ton of classic imagery, but there's also a few modern Sonic items around, such as Generations GHZ assets and even Sonic Rush artwork (I mistook it for Sonic X whoops).

But the thing I'm quite impressed with is that they have CLEARLY tried to do a good job theming this, there's item boxes everywhere for you to sit and stand on, there's spike traps. They've even tried to incorporate those blue rock obstacles. 

And yes this is actually open right now, all the staff are wearing covid face masks and shields... So yeah factor that in.

Little more info about it on the official website/page for the shopping mall it's at including the "open for all ages" line

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Nice Smile 1
  • Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Badnik Mechanic said:

If you've followed my YouTube channel recently, hell even if you've seen some of my articles on TSS over my time writing for the site.

You'll probably see that Brazil has an INSANE Sonic fandom. Well they've now opened a Sonic Adventure Playground for both kids and adults.

So it's themed mainly around the Green Hill Zone and has a ton of classic imagery, but there's also a few modern Sonic items around, such as Generations GHZ assets and even Sonic Rush artwork (I mistook it for Sonic X whoops).

But the thing I'm quite impressed with is that they have CLEARLY tried to do a good job theming this, there's item boxes everywhere for you to sit and stand on, there's spike traps. They've even tried to incorporate those blue rock obstacles. 

And yes this is actually open right now, all the staff are wearing covid face masks and shields... So yeah factor that in.

Little more info about it on the official website/page for the shopping mall it's at including the "open for all ages" line

If i were a kid i would love this place. (and probably beg my parents to go)

It's very creative!

Urgh, Green Hill Zone again?

This is legit the coolest thing ever. I'd have killed for something like this as  a child. Heck,  I'd have killed for a lot less. The efforts they've gone to here with the details are really impressive. Things like this really do make my day.

• Fist Bump 1

1 minute ago, Blue Blood said:

Urgh, Green Hill Zone again?

This is legit the coolest thing ever. I'd have killed for something like this as  a child. Heck,  I'd have killed for a lot less. The efforts they've gone to here with the details are really impressive. Things like this really do make my day.

As I said in the vid... Don't deny that even now as an adult you wouldn't think you were Sonic in the GHZ going through those tube slides.

• Fist Bump 1

Damn, I'm Brazilian, and I'm barely aware of most of these! Sadly, I'm not really that near to it (Quite impressive with such detail, it isn't on a major city like São Paulo or Rio de Janeiro). But I can try to help some questions thanks to our "culture".

Well, Sonic X actually was very popular here, in fact I'd say the most popular Sonic thing in the country in recent years. I was very little when it was a main thing, but I think I can say it was widely played on open and paid TV channels until around 2010.

I also feel that Sonic is really getting popular recently with 5-10 years old now. I mean, that also was my hardcore fan era. I wonder if that's a global thing, but I remember once walking to art class after my period and kids there were discussing a Sonic (Retro Games in general) YouTuber! Not that I'm the best example, since I perfectly fit them at that age, but I struggled a lot to find someone who also liked Sonic in ages. I wonder what made them attached, since Lost World, Boom and Forces doesn't sound the best introduction. Mania and Movie could be a good excuse tho, but I think I also would give more credit to YouTubers.

These kids centers are actually very popular in malls. Sadly, I would easily say this doesn't look like licensed, like most of them, maybe it's a rare exception, but I don't believe it will last too long.

Last, but not least, I would bet the Arcade is a Sonic 1 or 2 Genesis emulator, as I've already seen this as a kid in my town. But who knows, I've already heard histories of people who found Sonic Fighters/Championship  (I think) casually walking on malls.

• Thumbs Up 1