Awoo.

Why doesn't SEGA give more care and attention to improving the franchise?

Rabbitearsblog

3 hours ago, Scritch the Cat said:

I can't remember much drama in Sonic Boom, except maybe "Give Bees a Chance".  As for the movie, it's almost miraculous how good it ended up when it was leaning on both a tired out adaptation formula and ass-pulled deus ex machinas, and that doesn't change that these things are not advisable and I especially wouldn't want more questionable writers to try to squeeze some juice out of them.  What the movie does prove, though, is that Sonic himself is still overall an asset to media and not the toxin that some critics have made him out to be.

Is the Give Bees a Chance episode the one where Tails transforms into a bee?

I mean it's hard to say they're doing their best when they continue to release crap like Boom that has as many issues as it does. You'd think after Sonic '06 they'd have learned. Obviously I am not there when the games are being made so what do I know.. it's just a bit of a slap in the face to the fans imo. I've been a fan since I was very young, and I think anyone that has been a fan pre Adventure can really see how downhill it's all gone. It makes me sad tbh. Sonic was a major part of my childhood and it really does suck to see SEGA fail us over and over. I generally just stick to the games and shows from when I was kid and don't bother too much with anything modern. The only recent thing I've enjoyed/had interest in is the Sonic Boom TV shown honestly. 

11 hours ago, sassytassie said:

I mean it's hard to say they're doing their best when they continue to release crap like Boom that has as many issues as it does. You'd think after Sonic '06 they'd have learned. Obviously I am not there when the games are being made so what do I know.. it's just a bit of a slap in the face to the fans imo. I've been a fan since I was very young, and I think anyone that has been a fan pre Adventure can really see how downhill it's all gone. It makes me sad tbh. Sonic was a major part of my childhood and it really does suck to see SEGA fail us over and over. I generally just stick to the games and shows from when I was kid and don't bother too much with anything modern. The only recent thing I've enjoyed/had interest in is the Sonic Boom TV shown honestly. 

Yeah, I thought that the Sonic Boom show was pretty good.  I just wish that SEGA would take some cues from the movies and the TV shows to see how to properly write a story for the games.  Because at the moment, what's plaguing the games is lack of effective storytelling.

9 hours ago, Rabbitearsblog said:

Yeah, I thought that the Sonic Boom show was pretty good.  I just wish that SEGA would take some cues from the movies and the TV shows to see how to properly write a story for the games.  Because at the moment, what's plaguing the games is lack of effective storytelling.

Agreed. I personally really enjoyed the stories in SA/SA2.. after that nothing's really grabbed my attention. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, sassytassie said:

Agreed. I personally really enjoyed the stories in SA/SA2.. after that nothing's really grabbed my attention. 

Honestly, I never understood why they drastically changed the direction for the series after SA and SA2 when they were doing so well.

• Thumbs Up 1