Awoo.

Popular Sonic titles apparently getting ported to “new to Sega PC platforms”

TB100

https://www.linkedin.com/in/austin-keys-541b851/
So on Austin Key (who is a Sega employee)’s LinkedIn page, there exists this little tidbit, which likely got leaked by accident.

7C790755-9E76-40D5-928A-1A4AFC702536.jpeg.e52fc64923cdebccd6e4f7c2e3129c36.jpeg
So according to this, Sega is apparently planning to port popular Sonic titles  to “new to SEGA PC platforms” to expand the availability of Sonic title to a wider digital audience. Given their recent interest in putting their games on digital platforms thanks to the success of Persona 4’s PC port and what not, I guess this is a bit of a non-surprise, but it’s still somewhat interesting nevertheless.

• Thumbs Up 3

Yeah, I think this is more in response to say, Sonic Mania being added to EA Origin and what-not. Steam is a not a 'new-to-SEGA' storefront, so at best you'll be seeing Sonic games on Epic or, god forbid, Stadia. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like they’re releasing what they have on more storefronts. I’m assuming Origin and Luna will be their first ports of call since Sonic Mania is getting added to them.

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree with what everyone else is saying about the very specific wording here. SEGA definitely should be putting Unleashed, Colours and whatever else on PC, but this likely isn't it.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm surprised Unleashed still hasn't received as PC port, especially considering how popular the Unleashed project mod was for Generations.