Awoo.

What Sonic game should I get next?

Omochao

Which ones haven't you played? If it's any of the Mega Drive platform games (Sonic 1, 2, 3, and S&K), then mark my words; buying Sonic Mega collection will be totally worth it.

I've had this before, It's not new and It makes my Ps2 run terrible so whats the point in buying it? :blink:

Edited by Omochao

How does your PS2 run terrible? Like, worse than a normal PS2? I’d get it looked at if that’s the case. I don’t care how but it’s really in your interest to play the original four as soon as you can.

• Thumbs Up 1

How does your PS2 run terrible? Like, worse than a normal PS2? I’d get it looked at if that’s the case. I don’t care how but it’s really in your interest to play the original four as soon as you can.

Well.. My Ps2 is 7 years old lol and I clean it out like, every week (like, actually TAKING IT APART cleaning it,) and it still runs terrible. (I even clean the lazer thing.) <_<

Well.. My Ps2 is 7 years old lol and I clean it out like, every week (like, actually TAKING IT APART cleaning it,) and it still runs terrible. (I even clean the lazer thing.) <_<

So, then you've never actually gotten to properly play the Mega Drive games? If so, you should totally find an emulator or something and play them right away. I myself don't know squat about where such a thing could be obtained, but im sure a lot of other people around here do.

Im not saying this because im one of those obsessive retro-extremists who thinks that anyone who haven't played the Mega Drive games cant' be a true Sonic fan, it's just that; 1) as far as i am concerned, the Mega Drive games really are the most fun Sonic games to play, and therefore the ones i recommend to you, and 2), in the long run, id' imagine it would be pretty hard for a fan who haven't experienced those games (which are undeniably the most important games in the series, for more than one reason) to be able to keep up in a lot of discussions about the series.

The 3D Sonic titles on PS2 don't run that well, as they are ports of GC titles. I just bought them on GC.

cause_of_chaos 

Get Mega collection for sure, the mega drive games can't be beat, after that I would say if you can adventure or if not unleashed as long as you don't mind the werehog.

I'm coming to the conclusion of Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, but I'm still kinda iffy on Shadow and Unleashed :blink: Here's Zero Gravity gameplay:

YEHH I'm thinking bout this one :)

Yeah, ZG is awesome. The AI is slightly better in the first, but I was surprised at how well the gravity gimmick was executed and the level structure is well mapped and very colorful.

And I'm actually surprised at the amount of positivity towards Shadow in this thread. I thought everyone thought it was almost on par with 06. Personally, there are some people I could see myself recommending it to, but I think most would rather avoid it. If I had to sum up the story, it's like if Shadow wanted to be in an Uwe Boll film that a bunch of moms got angry at and demanded that the blood and any word worse than "damn" be censored. The gameplay is its best merit, the camera controls aren't much worse than in most third person titles, and the morality system is actually the best I've seen executed in any game. If you're willing to sacrifice some speed for gunplay, by all means go for it.

Edited by SuperStingray