Awoo.

Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #16: Springfest!/April 19th - 21st, 2024)

Sonictrainer

On 10/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon said:

Who's your favorite Deep Cut member?

Shiver

Her default colors are an awesome shade of blue, which is my favorite color, with little bits of red in the design. Also, I like other design choices like her hair covering her left eye and how she uses her fan.

Spoiler

Plus, her Boss Battle with Master Mega is AWESOME

The first Splatoon 3 Series Amiibo will arrive just in time for the 3rd Splatfest.

Three fresh new amiibo arrive on 11/11! 

Tap the Inkling (Yellow), Octoling (Blue), or Smallfry amiibo on a compatible Nintendo Switch controller to unlock special in-game gear for Splatoon 3.

Splatoon 3 Series Amiibo Set 1

Spoiler

FewAcScXoAA1cil?format=jpg&name=large

Looks like the fishbone is the Headgear for this set.

FewAch6WAAEbDCe?format=jpg&name=large

I could have sworn we had an outfit set similar to this in the past in Splatoon 1...

FewAcyZWIAAidfn?format=jpg&name=large

This is a cool Salmonid inspired outfit

I pick grass for 5/9 gens but if Shiver wins again I'll start to feel guilty for winning all 3 so far

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are the Results of the Grass VS Fire VS Water Splatfest!

Fg-C_mpagAY8oot?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Splatfest #3: Halftime Results

Spoiler

FhfaZlgagAE6Tqf?format=jpg&name=large

1. Team Water: 34.95%
  2. Team Grass: 32.85%
  3. Team Fire: 32.20%

Splatfest #3 Final Results

Conch Shells

1. Team Water: 33.77% = 10 Points
  2. Team Grass: 33.71%
  3. Team Fire: 32.52%

Votes

1. Team Water: 40.60% = 10 Points
  2. Team Fire: 33.60%
  3. Team Grass: 25.80%

Open Clout Wins

1. Team Water: 33.84% = 15 Points
  2. Team Grass: 33.41%
  3. Team Fire: 32.75%

Pro Clout Wins

1. Team Water: 33.86% = 10 Points
  2. Team Grass: 33.59%
  3. Team Fire: 30.55%

Final Results

1. Team Water: 45 Points
  2. Team Grass: 0
  3. Team Fire: 0

TEAM WATER WINS :D

Big Man: How about that? We won! Team Water Wins!

Shiver: M-my team lost? How is this possible?!

Frye: No! I can't believe Team Fire fizzled out...

Big Man: I'm so proud of our teamwork. We came. We splashed. We conquered!

Shiver: I'll take this opportunity to congratulate my team as well. Team Grass stood tall!

Frye: Well, you can't say Team Fire didn't bring the heat. We went out in a blaze of glory!

Shiver: I hate to say it, but Team Water really earned the W.

Frye: Whoa. Water starts with W! So, uh...what Shiver said. I can't top that. So are you all convinced? Are we all getting in the Team Water pool together? What I mean is...we're all picking the Water-type first partner Pokemon, right?

Shiver: Big Man! I thought you were the Pokemon expert around here. If we all choose the same type, it'll be harder to complete the Pokedex!

Big Man: You're right! I let the water get to my head. Forget everything I said!

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Team Water Wins!)

More information from the Press Release:

A new season of Splatoon 3 content is about to surface!
A whole new catalog of content is coming to the Splatoon™ 3 game for Nintendo Switch™ systems! Starting on Dec. 1, all Splatoon 3 players with an active Nintendo Switch Online membership* will have access to the new “Chill Season 2022” content, which includes weapons and stages, new gear and victory emotes, and game modes. There is a video breaking it all down.

And just when you thought it was safe to stay out of the water … Big Run is coming! This new game event brings a twist to the co-op survival action of the Salmon Run game mode. The first Big Run will take place when the Salmonids invade the Wahoo World stage later this year. Stay Spla-tuned for more details about how this event will change Splatsville and how to participate.

If you’re an eel-ite Splatoon 3 player, you need to check out the new X Battles! X Battles require players to reach an elite rank in Anarchy Battles and risk X Power to challenge their way up the leaderboards. X Battles will debut on Dec. 1, along with three new weapons (a new Roller, Charger and Shooter) and 10 returning weapons from previous Splatoon games, including some with modified sets!

There are also a couple of fun additional stages being added. The new Brinewater Springs makes its “fresh” first appearance, and many sea-soned players will remember Flounder Heights from the first Splatoon game.

Plus, fashionable Inklings and Octolings know that a new season means a whole new catalog. “Chill Season 2022” adds a new collection of gear, custom titles, victory emotes, stickers and more to help you show off your style and stand out from your “piers.” There will be new gear and items in the shops, as well!

To stay up to date on the latest research findings from the Squid Research Lab, follow the official Splatoon North American Twitter account. For more information about Splatoon 3, visit https://splatoon.nintendo.com/ 

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Big Run #1: December 9th-11th)
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #3: Spicy VS Sweet VS Sour - January 6th-8th, 2023)
  • 2 weeks later...

Sweets are literally my whole aesthetic. I think I'll go team spicy.

haha, predictable joke. im going sweet.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the Results of Spicy VS Sweet VS Sour

Fly1KA2XgAIi8EY?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Conch Shells

1. Team Sweet: 34.40% ->8 Points for Team Sweet
  2. Team Sour: 32.28%
  3. Team Spicy: 32.22%

Votes

1. Team Sweet: 56.84% ->10 Points for Team Sweet
  2. Team Spicy: 27.75%
  3. Team Sour: 15.41%

Open Clout

1. Team Sweet: 35.37% ->12 Points for Team Sweet
  2. Team Spicy: 32.85%
  3. Team Sour: 31.58%

Pro Clout

1. Team Sour: 34.11% -> 12 Points for Team Sour
  2. Team Spicy: 33.93%
  3. Team Sweet: 31.96%

Tricolor Clout

1. Team Spicy: 33.89% -> 15 Points for Team Spicy
  2. Team Sweet: 33.72%
  3. Team Sour: 32.39%

Final Results

1. Team Sweet: 10 + 12 + 8 = 30 Points ->TEAM SWEET WINS
  2. Team Spicy: 15 Points
  3. Team Sour: 12 Points

Frye: Team Sweet wins!

Shiver: I can't believe it. People really went for the safety of sweets over savage spices?

Big Man: And sour! Don't forget the, uhhh... subtle and sublime sensation of sour!

Frye: Too late-forgotten! Congrats to everyone on Team Sweet! How sweet it is!

Shiver: I simply can't believe that Team Spicy didn't burn hot enough.

Big Man: I'm not sour about it. But if I were, that would be good, because sour is good.

Shiver: It's just...sweets are so NICE. Who would have known Team Sweet had it in them?

Big Man: Maybe the both of us bit off more than we could chew. Spicy OR sour.

Frye: Speaking of...to celebrate, we should go to the all-you-can-sweet buffet now!

Big Man: The...what?

Shiver: She's been talking about it nonstop. Apparently it's a buffet...but for candy.

Frye: That's exactly right! It's almost like I invented it in a dream... But don't worry-they have something for everyone. Even curry and pickled plums!

Shiver: If I see a single jelly bean floating in my curry... 

• Thumbs Up 2

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #4: Team Sweet Wins)
  • 3 weeks later...

The next Splatfest will be on Valentine's Day Weekend

FnaaurrakAEVDdQ?format=jpg&name=large

SRL flavorologist here again. I'm busier than I expected! Anyway, they asked me to announce the next Splatfest theme: dark chocolate vs. milk chocolate vs. white chocolate! Make your choice, then fight it out from 4pm PT on 2/10 to 4pm PT on 2/12. Sounds pretty sweet to me!

Probably going with Milk Chocolate

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #5: Dark Chocolate VS Milk Chocolate VS White Chocolate/February 10th-12th)
  • 2 weeks later...

The #Splatoon3: Expansion Pass is coming! For the 1st Wave, relive a functional version of Inkopolis from the original Splatoon game!

And for Wave 2, get ready for Side Order, an all-new single player campaign!

Purchase the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass later today, & Wave 1 arrives this Spring.  After purchasing this DLC, players will receive access to bonus in-game currency, plus food and drink tickets.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uh, Inkopolis Plaza is nice and all but, why? What's the point? It's just a different hub? How... Pointless. 

Nostalgia is one hell of a drug. I do hope there’ll be more to this though. Wave 1 can be released anytime up to the end of May, so we shall see.

Side Order seems to be the main draw here and I’m so hyped for it! The most I thought we’d see of a world of Order would be through concept art, so I’m loving this already ^^

We have some character information

FonEzbPXEAM9XUT?format=jpg&name=largeFonEz3wWcAofTrV?format=jpg&name=large

SRL HR dept. with an org-chart update. With Sheldon working in Splatsville, his protégés, Shelly and Donny, now run Ammo Knights in Inkopolis! The little cuties really look up to Sheldon, so don't be surprised if they seem familiar. They clearly share Sheldon's love of weapons!

FonE1pcWcAItHBa?format=jpg&name=largeFonE2HkWIAwL70u?format=jpg&name=large

And here are two familiar faces—Annie and Moe from Cooler Heads, the Inkopolis headgear shop! Annie has leaned into her love of gothic metal and changed her style. She also moonlights as a sysop for SplatNet and adds decals to weapons on the side. As for Moe? Still a clown fish.

Here are the Results of the Dark Chocolate VS Milk Chocolate VS White Chocolate Splatfest

Fonbp-rXsAI_aWV?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Conch Shells

1. White Chocolate: 35.16% -> 8 Points
  2. Dark Chocolate: 33.18%
  3. Milk Chocolate: 31.66%

Votes

1. White Chocolate: 42.22% -> 10 Points
  2. Milk Chocolate: 33.31%
  3. Dark Chocolate: 24.47%

Open Clout

1. White Chocolate: 36.67% -> 12 Points
  2. Dark Chocolate: 32.14%
  3. Milk Chocolate: 31.23%

Pro Clout

1. White Chocolate: 35.50% -> 12 Points
  2. Dark Chocolate: 33.32%
  3. Milk Chocolate: 31.18%

Tricolor Clout

1. White Chocolate: 33.94% -> 15 Points
  2. Dark Chocolate: 33.15%
  3. Milk Chocolate: 32.91%

Final Results

1. White Chocolate: 57 Points -> TEAM WHITE CHOCOLATE WINS
  2. Dark Chocolate (Got 2nd Place more often)
  3. Milk Chocolate 😞

ANOTHER BIG MAN SWEEP?!

Aw... GG...

Big Man: White Chocolate glides to victory!

Shiver: Whaaat?! Run those numbers again!

Frye: Gyaaah! I was so sure we'd win, I could taste it!

Big Man: Thanks, fellow white-chocolate fans! You flowed as smooth as cocoa butter!

Shiver: Hmph. Team Dark Chocolate proved their worth well enough. I can't say I'm bitter.

Frye: Team Milk Chocolate was looking pretty sweet out there too!

Big Man: You remember the deal, right? The losers buy chocolate for the winner?

Shiver: Ughhh, twist my tentacles, why don't you. It's not as if we don't give each other chocolate this time every year anyway.

Frye: Hey, yeah! What makes this different from every other time I get Big Man chocolate?

Big Man: Uh, Frye, I HOPE it's different from the chocolate you got me last year...

Frye: You mean the chocolate-covered onion?

Shiver: There's a chocolate-fondue place nearby that'll let you bring anything. Shall we?

Big Man: If I give you both chocolate too, can we eat something normal for once?!

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #5: Team White Chocolate Wins!)

We have some new information on the New Season, called Fresh Season 2023

FpF-WwcaAAIAPbk?format=jpg&name=4096x409FpF-Z1XaQAYzIyz?format=jpg&name=large

First off, the Kraken is back and available to both Inklings & Octolings in the form of the "Kraken Royale"

Kraken Royale will a part of the Krak-On Roller & .96 Deco Kits

FpBHytiWcAIB5jj?format=jpg&name=small

Speaking of Inkopolis, the first wave of the Splatoon 3: Expansion Pass will be available on 2/28. That's the Inkopolis part, so you can join us in researching this vibrant city—from its quirky shopkeeps to its creepy alleyways. Hope to see you soon!

FpBHxtaXgAEaIvI?format=jpg&name=360x360

SRL Inkopolis research dept. here with fun findings for Squid Sisters fans—Callie and Marie will perform in Inkopolis during Splatfests going forward! Don't know them from Inkopolis News? Callie is wild and energetic, while Marie is...less so. But they're both inkredible singers!

Fo745oEXsAIK4eG?format=jpg&name=360x360

SRL HR here. In between bites of Grizzco chocolate, we'd like to introduce Spyke. He's not technically an employee, so we can't fully endorse him, but he's run some extremely successful businesses in the past. Bottom line—he can get you cool gear and buff your gear abilities.

Fo4tSUQXEAI1NcC?format=jpg&name=360x360

And here we have Fred Crumbs. He's newly filleted and deep-fried, as the job posting at Shrimp Kicks called for someone with "extra crispy" fashion sense. Despite this misunderstanding, Fred knows his shoes and is reportedly pleased that he can now wear both a left and a right.

Fo4tQ-LXsAIP6pO?format=jpg&name=360x360

SRL HR dept. again with more reveals! Meet Jelonzo, the stylish proprietor of Jelly Fresh, an Inkopolis clothing shop. His hobbies include fashion, fixing up his single-family home, and studying language arts—he's one of a few jellyfish who can speak with Inklings and Octolings!

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Big Run #2 March 3rd - 5th)

Tonight, an infestation of Salmonids will invade Inkblot Art Academy in the second BIG RUN, including a new King Salmonid called the "Horrorboros".

FpbB9zPaYAAbs41?format=jpg&name=small

We're probably legally required to inform you that a new type of King Salmonid may begin appearing in March. It's a giant, terrifying serpent called Horrorboros, and did we mention that it flies? But...you'll probably be fine. Remember—you can earn a sticker!

FpbCX2paAAA0WoR?format=jpg&name=large

Memo 

To: You 
RE: Big Run

Do not miss the upcoming Big Run! Salmonids are projected to invade Inkblot Art Academy from 4 PM on March 3rd through 4 PM on March 5th. There is a significant chance that a Horrorboros will make landfall—we need all hands on deck!

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3
  • The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #6: Nessie VS Aliens VS Bigfoot/March 31st - April 2nd)
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are the results of the NESSIE VS ALIENS VS BIG FOOT Splatfest

FsjM-SZXwAID-93?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Conch Shells

1. Team Aliens: 33.74% -> 7 Points
  2. Team Nessie: 33.62%
  3. Team Big Foot: 32.64%

Votes

1. Team Aliens: 46.09% -> 8 Points
  2. Team Nessie: 45.22%
  3. Team Big Foot: 8.69%

Open Clout

1. Team Nessie: 35.33% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Aliens: 32.67%
  3. Team Big Foot: 32%

Pro Clout

1. Team Big Foot: 36.04% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Nessie: 33.25%
  3. Team Aliens: 30.71%

Tricolor Battle Clout

1. Team Nessie: 34.91% -> 18 Points
  2. Team Aliens: 32.86%
  3. Team Big Foot: 32.23%

Final Results

1. Team Nessie: 30 Points -> WINNERS
  2. Team Aliens: 15 Points
  3. Team Big Foot: 12 Points

Eh...at least it's not another BIG MAN SWEEP

Shiver: It's official, everyone! Nessie is real!

Frye: Grrr! Once again, I'm an unidentified failing object.

Big Man: Now I have to worry about Nessie?!

Shiver: Thanks for pitching in, everyone! No doubt Nessie is blushing out there somewhere.

Frye: Team Aliens tried, but us turflings couldn't quite make contact.

Big Man: Win or lose, Team Bigfoot had big heart...

Shiver: Y'know, the part of my story about seeing Nessie was a lie, but it feels real now.

Big Man: Don't causally admit to lying like that! The cameras are still rolling!

Frye: Hey, I saw the same thing as Shiver, and I'm truthful to a FAULT. Explain that!

Shiver: Must've been a big Salmonid. So what?

Big Man: Hold on-I'm getting a report. Breaking news, everyone! A gigantic new creature has been spotted in a lake by the Splatlands sea!

Shiver: WHAT?! Did I...lie this into existence? I'm even more powerful than I thought!

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #6: Team Nessie Wins!)

The first Eggstra Work Event will take place from April 14th-16th

IIRC, Eggstra Work is basically 5 rounds of Salmon Run instead of 3.

FtCqUP7WAAATgiH?format=jpg&name=large

SRL HR dept. here. Employees looking to pick up Eggstra Work are in luck! Join in the corporate Grizzco fun by creating a team with friends or players in your Pool and trying to collect the most Golden Eggs. Eggstra Work will be available from 5pm PT on 4/14 to 5pm PT on 4/16.

FtCqUnJWwAAzIno?format=jpg&name=largeFtCqU58WcAEdjJP?format=jpg&name=large

Remember—all employees who participate in Eggstra Work will receive a commemorative sticker. And top performers will receive a better sticker! But don't just do it for the sticker. Do it for the love of Grizzco and Golden Eggs!

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Eggstra Work #1: Sockeye Station/April 14th-16th)

In honor of Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, we're getting a Triforce themed Splatfest and an exclusive Tricolor Turf War Triangle Version of Scorch Gorge.

FtrhKm7WYAcGCR_?format=jpg&name=4096x409FtrhLKOXwAAkJ_c?format=jpg&name=large

SRL here with huge news—the next #Splatfest is a collab with The Legend of Zelda! 

In anticipation of The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, it asks a key question... Which do you seek? Power, wisdom, or courage?

FtrhUFNaYAM95VT?format=jpg&name=large

And that's not the only news… The SRL Satellite team has unearthed imaging of a special Tricolor Turf War stage in the Scorch Gorge area that's unique to this Splatfest. Unlike the nearby rock formations, the stage has an unusual, triangular geometry. Reminds us of something...

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to Splatoon 3 (Splatfest #7: Power VS Wisdom VS Courage/May 5th-7th)

Here are the results of the Zelda/Triforce Splatfest

FvXc12bWIAM-KJ3?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Conch Shells

1. Team Power: 34.48 -> 7 Points
  2. Team Wisdom: 34.04%
  3. Team Courage: 31.48%

Votes

1. Team Power: 36.90% -> 8 Points
  2. Team Wisdom: 32.08%
  3. Team Courage: 31.02%

Open Clout

1. Team Power: 34.22% -> 12 Points
  2. Team Wisdom: 33.72%
  3. Team Courage: 32.06%

Pro Clout

1. Team Power: 35.13% = 12 Points
  2. Team Wisdom: 33.07%
  3. Team Courage: 31.80%

Tricolor Battle Clout

1. Team Power: 34.47% = 12 Points
  2. Team Wisdom: 32.89%
  3. Team Courage: 32.64%

Final Results

1. Team Power: 57/ALL OF THE POINTS/SHIVER SWEEP -> TEAM POWER WINS
  2. Team Wisdom: Came in Second Place in every category
  3. Team Courage: Came in Last Place in every category

Shiver Sweep this time?

Can't be mad since we came in second place :wave:

Shiver: Yes! Team Power wins!

Frye: I simply must admit the truth... We lost.

Big Man: My eyes sure are open now...

Shiver: Team Power, you were all SO strong! Should we keep this going and take over the world?

Frye: I'll reply on behalf of the world: no. That's a li'l bit of wisdom for ya. Yay for wisdom!

Big Man: Hey, thanks to everyone on Team Courage too. You were all so brave!

Frye: Ugh. I'm still high-key mad that brute force won out. I coulda flexed MY power!

Big Man: I think they were just too strong. Even for you, Frye!

Shiver: Well, it was a great win, but now I'm thirsty for some real power. How do I get it?

Big Man: You're not going to use it for evil, right? You want the good kind of power?

Frye: Awww, Shiver's got a heart of gold. So we'll get power, wisdom, AND courage. Together!

Shiver: You two would do that? For me?

Frye: Duh! Did you forget that we're Deep Cut? Bandits to the core! We take what we want!

Big Man: Shhh! That's supposed to be a secret to everybody!