Awoo.

Old sonic game you'd like to see get a sequel?

WhoYouDontThinkIAm

Many sonic games (especially the ones from the DS and Wii era,) often get one title, maybe a sequel, and then are pretty much forgotten by all but the hardcore fans.

But is there an old sonic game you'd like to see make a return? (Excluding SA3, or Sonic 06 because forum rules)

Personally, I'd like to see a new riders game. Probably will not happen but I can dream.

• Nice Smile 1

25 minutes ago, Angyu said:

Sonic Battle please

I was going to say that I'd like to see a revival of the Rush games, but this is the actual correct answer.

• Fist Bump 1
  • Way Past Cool 1

To reuse an old status update of mine.

All I'm asking, Sega, is for someone to take SA2 Foot Races, throw more characters in it, and that's it! That's the game. Hire a vocalist to supply some vaguely evangelical music and call it Sonic R 2!

Heck, I'll compromise and settle for something like a multiplayer spin on Boost gameplay inspired by the Shadow boss fight in Sonic generations.  

• Promotion 1
  • Fist Bump 1

13 hours ago, Cuz said:

To reuse an old status update of mine.

All I'm asking, Sega, is for someone to take SA2 Foot Races, throw more characters in it, and that's it! That's the game. Hire a vocalist to supply some vaguely evangelical music and call it Sonic R 2!

Heck, I'll compromise and settle for something like a multiplayer spin Boost gameplay inspired by the Shadow boss fight in Sonic generations.  

I'm honestly surprised that out of all the racing games we got, nothing really came close to this. Sonic R tried, but the technology just wasn't there yet, nor the Sonic universe fleshed out enough. Sonic Rivals was closest but... it was 2D.

I doubt we'd ever get a game like this but at least give us a multiplayer mode like this again!

I've always wanted to see more storybook titles. The two we got weren't amazing games sure, but it was interesting to see Sonic and friends placed in old stories/legends. It was different than the world sonic games normally took place on, and was really refreshing and exciting to see. Black Knight especially was one of my favorite games for awhile, though that may be because I'm a sucker for medieval/knight stuff.

As for something a bit newer, I'd like to see Sega give Lost World another shot. Lost World was a fine first attempt, and I really think sonic having a more parkour-oriented gameplay style fits him pretty well. I'd love to see how they would improve upon the first in a hypothetical sequel.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, FReaK said:

A proper Sonic 4. Lets just forget that other "Sonic 4" ever happened.

You already got that. It's called Sonic Mania.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Waveshocker Sigma said:

You already got that. It's called Sonic Mania.

Mania is not a Sequel, Mania is a best of and a little extra.

I would like to see a Shadow the Hedgehog 2 if only for the novelty and to see how other companies like Platinum Games can handle it. I know that will never happen but I would like to see if we could fix the problems of the first game. 

Even if i know it's impossible, I'd love to play SONIC CHRONICLES 2 : I love the echidnas of Sonic's lore, and the Nocturnus were fascinating (Ix of course, but also Shade, the space pirate... and Nestor of course who knows many many things : I even wonder if he's not Ix'twin brother)!!...

One of my biggest frustration in the series was the cancelation of SONIC 4 EPISODE 3!!...
I really like EPISODE 1, I think it's a more-than-OK game, but I really loved EPISODE 2 (and its bonus EPISODE METAL)!!...
EPISODE 2 was a great improvement and, as a Knuckles fan, I feel EPISODE 3 would have been wonderful!!...
Moreover, maybe we would have had two new bonuses episodes (one to connect EPISODE 2 and 3, and one for those who would have bought the three episodes, maybe a sort of "final episode")!!...
What a pity the story of SONIC 4 is left unfinished (even if it's not so bothering)...

I'd love to have a third STORY BOOK game dealing with Greek Mythology : the sub-series (along with SAINT SEIYA - THE LOST CANVAS) made me love dopplegängers and I'm very happy Sir Lancelot will appear again in SONIC FORCES : SPEED BATTLE by HARDlight!!...

SONIC HEROES 2 since SONIC HEROES is my all time favourite SONIC game!!...

A new fighting game with a giant roster including new characters and a great storyline if possible (a sort of SONIC THE FIGTHERS 2 but with a better storyline)!!...

SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG 2 would be great but I think it's too late!!...
I even thought of "the Hobidon" from SONIC X to be canonised in the videogames and be a sidekick for Shadow in his own series...

SONIC RUSH 3 would be great too because I remember how sad I was (and still am) when SEGA decided, starting with SONIC COLOURS, that handheld games would be alternative versions of console games instead of brand new games or prequels / sequels for them!!...
That's the way SONIC RUSH 3 never came to be, sadly...

One last thing : Not a sequel but one of my dreams for the SONIC series : I'd love to play a DYNASTY WARRIORS : SONIC THE HEDGEHOG with many Nocturnus to fight (with a great storyline, of course)!!...

• 2 weeks later...

>inb4 we need sa3

for real though, I would REALLY like to see a Sonic Advance 4 with the team up mechanic even more fleshed out along with new characters. I would also love to see (dont really know how else to call it) Sonic Unleashed 2. What I mean by this is sonic stages albeit adventure or boost (mainly just fun stages... not too picky) and instead of a werehog have Knuckles as the other playable character who has the same combat focused gameplay but more akin to something like Dynasty or Hyrule warriors (with a fan casting of Platinum games taking the helm). Would be really fun imo. (I know SU is not ""old"" but still)

• Thumbs Up 1

I’m gonna go with a more obscure example and say Tails Adventure.

The idea of a Metroidvania type game where Tails has to rely on his gadgets to progress and stop whatever threat faces him is an great idea and one that definitely should be revisited and expanded upon in a sequel without the limitations of the Game Gear’s hardware. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I would be really interested in a Sonic Heroes 2 because it was my favorite of the early 3D Sonic games. It hasn't aged super great but it's got my favorite aesthetic of any 3D game. It's the closest I think we've gotten to the world of the 2D games outside of Generations.

I would also be totally happy to see a Sonic Colors 2 on Switch. I know some people consider Lost World to be SC2 but the game play is so different and...bad...I don't think the comparison holds up.

I have very fond memories of Sonic Rivals, especially SR2 that improved greatly upon the first title. It had twice the character roster, a battle mode, colorful environments and some great dynamics, especially Shadow and Metal Sonic and Silver and Espio. Only problem with the expanded roster was you had two times the problem with Sonic Hero's very artificial game length: instead of having to beat the games four times, you had to do it eight times when there's barely any difference between the two campaigns of each team. Had each stage had an additional racing stage and battle stage, you wouldn't have needed to divide each team in two campaigns.

I don't expect there to ever be a Sonic Rivals 3, but Sega should definitely pick up on the duo system from SR2 for a SA3.