Awoo.

Has anyone other than Sonic and Shadow shown progress in abilities or power?

Mountaindewandsprite

I'm talking physical abilities. We all know Sonic has gotten stronger (beating Perfect Chaos in base after previous requiring a super form) and Shadow is the ultimate lifeform, so I want to ignore those two. I don't think any other character has shown progression in their abilities and/or power, except maybe Silver. Knuckles hasn't really shown much despite being the strongest of the cast physically. Tails is just there to provide technobabble, and the other characters don't have a hope in the world of keeping up (figuratively and literally) with the Triple S Hedgehogs.

Tails gained a few techno feats off-screen in Lost World that are quite frankly utterly ridiculous, and an on-screen feat that he claimed was something even Eggman was incapable of doing. His Tails were also upgraded to be super dexterous. Like another set of hands.

Blaze was able to have better control over the Sol Emeralds in Rush Adventure, so when Sonic and the Chaos Emeralds jumped over to her dimension, there was no life threatening crisis due to both sets being in the same place.

Thanks to Metal Sonic's copy ability, he can pick up any new skill he wants, with seemingly no limitation.

just a few off the top of my head.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Sega DogTagz said:

Tails gained a few techno feats off-screen in Lost World that are quite frankly utterly ridiculous, and an on-screen feat that he claimed was something even Eggman was incapable of doing. His Tails were also upgraded to be super dexterous. Like another set of hands.

Blaze was able to have better control over the Sol Emeralds in Rush Adventure, so when Sonic and the Chaos Emeralds jumped over to her dimension, there was no life threatening crisis due to both sets being in the same place.

Thanks to Metal Sonic's copy ability, he can pick up any new skill he wants, with seemingly no limitation.

just a few off the top of my head.

Huh, I didn't think about those. I guess what I want to know is, do any other characters have impressive physical feats as of recently?

Amy, got tougher and faster throughout the Adventure era, but took a dive in 06.  Since most characters in that game are unfinished and it was erased from canon anyway, it's questionable how much it should count, but since then we have no playable appearances in main games to determine her abilities.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you want to get silly, it was stated a few times in Forces that each of Infinite's copies were as strong as the real deal. So considering the Resistance held their own against an Army of Shadows/Metals/Zavoks/Chaos/ect is actually quite a remarkable feat, that would easily be the pinnacle achievement on the resume of most of the cast. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

46 minutes ago, Kuzu said:

That or Shadow's just pathetically weak :V

Ow now you're just baiting people.

ANYWAY, big problem is that you can't look on gameplay to determine each character strength. If you do, during Heroes Espio was as fast as Sonic, while Rouge punched equally hard to Cream and Charmy.

The only way to go about this is look at the story and try to get a "feel" how strong characters should be. And no, it's not very scientific method, but considering bunch of inconsistencies in the franchise, it's part of the course.

I could say that since Sonic learned to Boost he became way more powerful that Knuckles or any non-boost protagonist. But that's probably not intention. One day Sega will make those two fight for some reason and while Sonic will win, Knuckles will be presented as his match.

In short, I think this topic is a bit futile.

• Promotion 1

12 hours ago, Kuzu said:

Or I'm making a tongue and cheek joke that you're reading way too much into. 

I could argue why it's not...

...thus proving that I AM reading too much out of it

You win this round.

• Chuckle 1

On 2/25/2021 at 6:28 AM, Kuzu said:

That or Shadow's just pathetically weak :V

Thats the norm these days so other characters dont look useless, shadows the worf effect like vegeta.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SnooPigu said:

Thats the norm these days so other characters dont look useless, shadows the worf effect like vegeta.

Crazy how much like Dragon Ball Sonic has become.

• Thumbs Up 1