Awoo.

Avatar Studios and New Avatar Series

CrownSlayer’s Shadow

(Good lord, it’s been years since I made a topic)

Yes, series. Plural.

If your a massive fan of the Avatar series, and by that I mean The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra, your wet dream just came true.

And that their getting a full fledged studio only makes this even better. I can’t wait to see what comes next: the stories of Kiyoshi or Kuruk? The Avatar after Korra? Possibilities are endless now as we see what comes next.

Link

The Avatar: The Last Airbender franchise is set to get even bigger.

Nickelodeon is launching Avatar Studios, a division designed to create original content spanning animated series and movies based on the franchise’s world.

The original creators and executive producers Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko will run the studio as co-chief creative officers, reporting to Ramsey Naito, President, Nickelodeon Animation.

Avatar Studios will produce content for platforms including Paramount+ and Nickelodeon as well as third-party platforms and theatrical releases.

The first project is an animated theatrical film that is set to start production later this year.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CrownSlayer’s Shadow

• Wraith

• MetalSkulkBane

• The Tenth Doctor

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

After Korra and the spinoff comics I'm not convinced whatever story they're cooking up will actually be all that good. I'm always down for more Avatar fight choreography though so I'll keep an eye on this for that.

What was wrong with Korra? (Aside from Season 2; that was undeniably bad)

I'm with Wraith, slightly pessimistic.

Avatar wasn't a franchise material. It was a single story to be told.
Korra had maybe 66% of that magic and had to work really hard to find new things to throw at Avatar.
Next shows will have even less of "old magic" and has to stand on it's own. And I'm dubious it will be able.

I'm not saying it can't work. Personally I would make a series about future where technology made bending obsolete and Avatar struggles to remain relevant in a world that forgets about old ways. Maybe main villain would be Ultron-like AI or something.

31 minutes ago, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

What was wrong with Korra? (Aside from Season 2; that was undeniably bad)

Many thing, but probably most important? Much less beloved cast of characters.

Can anyone with straight face say that  Bolin, Mako and Asami can compare to  Sokka, Katara and Toph?

It was decend show, but could never compare to original.

4 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Many thing, but probably most important? Much less beloved cast of characters.

Can anyone with straight face say that  Bolin, Mako and Asami can compare to  Sokka, Katara and Toph?

And if I said yes?

Those are six different characters from each other. They have individual strengths to set them apart and stand strong on their own as memorable in themselves.

...well, maybe not Mako, but I’m only saying that cuz he’s one of the few in LoK I actively dislike.

Just now, CrownSlayer’s Shadow said:

And if I said yes?

Huh.

Pretty sure your on minority here, but I won't fight you here. Your opinion.

6 minutes ago, MetalSkulkBane said:

Huh.

Pretty sure your on minority here,

Based on what statistic? I figured we knew better than categorizing like that that even if ALTA is the stronger show.

Avatar is one of the few things I don't mind getting a bunch of sequels because the format means they're not going to be able to ruin the previous characters all that much. A lot of characters in Korra are bad but it's easy to ignore. 

Kyoshi has novels. They are amazing. I want her to stay in novels, feels right.

If we could get more of Aang or Korra, I won't say no.