Awoo.

Pokémon Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl & Legends: Arceus

Sonictrainer

Unless it’s really far along now or the game isn’t exactly what we’ve been told it is - I wouldn’t bother releasing the Arceus Spin-off (that’s-clearly-a-pilot-for-the-future-of-the-Mainline-series) until November 2022. 

We just got Snap, and the HD remakes of Diamond and Pearl can easily serve as a holdover for a year at least. 

It seems crazy to me that they are considering releasing Arceus a little over 2 months later.

Gamefreak could do with giving themselves the extra time for spit and polish and general QOL touches. I mean, It could very well be ready to go by January - but delaying something to ensure a higher quality is always the smarter move in my book - bit to mention the game look rough as hell during the showcase not long ago. 

I also gotta say that whilst I’m not very impressed by the route taken for the remakes on Diamond and Pearl (personally the baseline for me would be making them at least visually look consistent with Mainline titles) they’ll still probably get a sale from me as I never played the originals. I mostly gave up playing the mainline series after The GBA entries and shifted to become a casual fan until recently with Sw/Sh which reinvigorated my interest. 

As somebody who is admittedly a little bit cynical about the current state of the franchise, I am rather suspicious of the start-of-year release of Legends: Arceus.  It's probably paranoid to suggest that they want it rushed out the door at the start of 2022 because they're also planning to release a new mainline game by the end of 2022... but that's exactly what happened with Fire Red / Leaf Green and Emerald (FRLG January 2004, Emerald September 2004), so there's precedent.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:30 PM, Salamander said:

As somebody who is admittedly a little bit cynical about the current state of the franchise, I am rather suspicious of the start-of-year release of Legends: Arceus.  It's probably paranoid to suggest that they want it rushed out the door at the start of 2022 because they're also planning to release a new mainline game by the end of 2022... but that's exactly what happened with Fire Red / Leaf Green and Emerald (FRLG January 2004, Emerald September 2004), so there's precedent.

See here's the thing, I think they're done with the mainline series now.

The ridiculous amount of Pokemon they've created seemingly has their resources stretched so thinly now. Not to mention it has already created issues with their fanbase for their decisive decisions on the National Pokedex handling alongside the amount of content each game has.

So honestly? I think "Legends" is going to become their Mainline series (or eventually their priority) if the first one is successful - at least, that's the future I felt they hinted at during their last presentation anyway.

The fact that Gamefreak are making Legends in house (which has lead them to hire another studio to deal with the Diamond and pearl remakes) has me thinking that if this dual release goes over as well they hope - they'll follow into a pattern of "Pokemon Remake by Team X" + "Open World Legends Game set in the same region by Gamefreak". 

On 5/26/2021 at 3:28 PM, Sonictrainer said:

E2UOZJNWQAUo0l4?format=jpg&name=medium

E2UO_zQWQAInig0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Lol they actually did the "main character faces away from the camera and stares at a mountain" boxart.

We get it. You saw BotW and decided to jump on the open world bandwagon.

2 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Lol they actually did the "main character faces away from the camera and stares at a mountain" boxart.

We get it. You saw BotW and decided to jump on the open world bandwagon.

I swear if Sonic Rangers does this as well next, imma laugh till I die lol. Like I mean I guess the Boxart style is appealing at least, more than that whole “FPS/action game character facing you looking all sad” phase the industry went through lol

1 minute ago, KHCast said:

I swear if Sonic Rangers does this as well next, imma laugh till I die lol. Like I mean I guess the Boxart style is appealing at least, more than that whole “FPS/action game character facing you looking all sad” phase the industry went through lol

Dude don't even. I'm bracing myself already for that exact Rangers boxart.

I'm a bit miffed at the direction of the 2D art and character designs for Legends honestly. It's very modern Pokémon; rounded, soft and very saturated colours. It looks like every generic Pokémon title or random piece of merchandise. They had a chance to set themselves apart with this game, because BDSP are covering the more typical Pokémon offerings. Feels like they're scared about too different, which is a huge shame.

The funny thing is, none of that will matter, cause Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl with its Chibi artstyle got so many people annoyed and clamoring for “normal” designs like in Sword and Shield, that when they saw this, most just got hyped simply by what it DIDNT look like. Whether intentional or not, it works in their favor one way or another

• 1 month later...

lol Serebii going on a Twitter rampage regarding "See what those few months did people? Stop judging games based on early release trailers!!!!" when the bit of it shown off in the Switch OLED video looks nearly fucking identical to the thing that looked like shit in February.

"Look they added 12 polygons to the trainer's backpack completely different graphical style PROOF."

• Thumbs Up 1

Normally I sympathize with his attempts at trying to quell discourse, but yea he's grasping at straws hella hard here.

I swear we go through this cycle every pokemon release where the fans celebrate the incremental improvements every game gets in the lead up to launch but the actual overarching problems with the visuals stay unchanged. I'm not sure why pokemon fans are so obsessed with swatting away haters instead of advocating for a better deal for themselves. You're paying 60 dollars a year for these games and now there's two coming in the same quarter with crippling visual issues. People like Joe Merrick should be the main ones saying something.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Wraith said:

I swear we go through this cycle every pokemon release where the fans celebrate the incremental improvements every game gets in the lead up to launch but the actual overarching problems with the visuals stay unchanged. I'm not sure why pokemon fans are so obsessed with swatting away haters instead of advocating for a better deal for themselves. You're paying 60 dollars a year for these games and now there's two coming in the same quarter with crippling visual issues. People like Joe Merrick should be the main ones saying something.

Ever since Sword and Shield, the Pokémon fanbase has been a black hole of negativity and pessimism. Its genuinely been a miserable time for anyone that just wants to chill.

So I'm not too surprised the opposite has happened where people try to grasp at anything and stamp out all negativity.

Its a shit show all around. These have been issues bubbling beneath the surface since XY and have no boiled over.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wait, people found differences in that trailer? It looked exactly the same as it did the first time to me, plus I'd think any differences would be pretty hard to find considering the gameplay was shown from a distance.

The fact that Serebii is so desperate to quell any criticism towards the upcoming games is just sad.

There are some improvements, but they aren't going to convince anyone who disagrees with the entire premise of these remakes.  We're in the polish stages; people who were disappointed but were going to buy it anyway will appreciate the polish, but that's about it.

I have a lot of respect for Joe Merrick in his dedication to the franchise and his attempts to combat outright misinformation, and he is willing to criticise some things (for instance, excessive monetisation in Go), but his love for the franchise blinds him to a lot of legitimate criticism.

• 1 month later...

E8rDSbVWQAYZkz0?format=jpg&name=large

Attention, Trainers!

Tune in to our YouTube channel on Wednesday, August 18, 2021, at 6:00 a.m. PDT for a #PokemonPresents video presentation featuring #PokemonBrilliantDiamond, #PokemonShiningPearl, and #PokemonLegendsArceus!

Yup, so Arceaus still looks… well it looks just alright.

I’m 100% down for the concept with them taking the Mainline series in this new direction (and I hope it works out). I love the new ideas and battle systems, traveling etc. It’s all very interesting. However it still looks like a slightly spruced up wild zone, which basically looks like a beta BOTW. 

I mean, I know it’s a different team… but when when you have stuff like Xenoblade Chonicles 2 running on the switch with dozens of monsters and shit flying about - one would expect the same sort of quality here. Ultimately I came away from this feeling underwhelmed despite the new directions and intentions from the team here being positive, I just think that the execution just needs a little more work - really, just take years to dish it out Gamefreak, please, there's no rush.

I suppose I should know better by now that the “graphical” element of their games weirdly always tend to look and run about a generation or two behind the console it is on. But I was really hoping at the end of the Arceus section that they’d announce a delay of this game till end of 2022… I think that would be the best thing for this game. Whilst I think it looks better than it did from the initial reveal, it's not by much. The art direction at least is better what the other team choose to go for with the Diamond and Pearl Remakes - and to be frank the remakes would have sufficed to hold fans out for a year or so - I think ultimately releasing these games so close to each other will probably hurt sales for them in the long term.

As for the other stuff in the presentation... Mobile titles were uninteresting and not for me, & BD and SP I’ll likely pick up not having played the original versions (which is when I fell of the Pokewagon). But once again it’s a crying shame these aren’t coherent with the current generation of games and in the art style of Sword and Shield (I in own it’s been said a zillion times already). So this upgrade looks and feels like a downgrade to me ...when it ultimately it probably isn’t.

Man, The Pokemon Company have been taking some pretty odd directions lately. 

Got a lot of information and new images from the Presents today!

Going underground, showing off in contest shows, and walking around with your favorite Pokémon!

See what awaits you in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Pokémon Shining Pearl!

Welcome to the Hisui region, Trainers.

Newly discovered Pokémon, newly discovered regional forms, and new gameplay features are coming to Pokémon Legends: Arceus!

Images & Info are in the appropriate Spoiler Tags

BD/SP - Updated Sinnoh Region Map 

Spoiler

map.jpg

Rich in nature, with Mount Coronet towering at its heart, Sinnoh is a land of many myths passed down through the ages.

BD/SP - Badge Case

Spoiler

p09_02.jpg

Defeat Gym Leaders to receive Gym Badges as proof of your victories. Collect all eight Gym Badges to compete in the Pokémon League, where the highest-level Trainers—the Elite Four and the Champion—await.

Win your way through the Pokémon League to earn the title given to only the strongest Pokémon Trainer: Champion!

BD/SP Updated Feature - Grand Underground

Spoiler

underground_ill.jpg

The Underground from Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl has been powered up for these games, and is now called the Grand Underground. The Grand Underground is a vast subterranean world that spreads out like a maze beneath the entire Sinnoh region.

underground_map.jpg

p12_02.jpg

Use the Explorer Kit you’ll receive during your adventure to visit the Grand Underground, where you can participate in activities such as digging up valuable treasures and Pokémon Fossils, or creating your own Secret Base. You can also visit places called Pokémon Hideaways, where you can find Pokémon that live in a variety of different environments.

Pokémon Hideaways come with a variety of different terrains ranging from still-water caverns to volcanic landscapes, with different Pokémon living in each type of environment. Among the Pokémon that inhabit the Sinnoh region, there are some Pokémon that can only be found in these Pokémon Hideaways.

p12_03.jpg

Some of the walls in the Grand Underground can be dug into, using a sledgehammer and a pickax. By digging into them, you can find things like useful items for your adventure and valuable Pokémon Fossils, as well as new Pokémon statues that have been added to these games.

p13_02.jpg

You can use an item called the Digger Drill in the Grand Underground to build yourself a Secret Base within the walls. Pokémon statues that you can find while Fossil digging can be placed wherever you like inside your Secret Base, so you can customize your own space!

p14_01.jpg

Adventure together with Trainers all over the world in the Grand Underground!
You can interact with Trainers all over the world through your Nintendo Switch system’s local communication or online communication. As well as adventuring together in the Grand Underground, you can also dig for Fossils together with other Trainers.

BD/SP Updated Feature - Super Contest Show

Spoiler

super_contest_show.jpg

Super Contest Shows are popular performances in Sinnoh, each put on by four performers and their Pokémon, who work together to show off their performance skills. During the show, you can dress up in your favorite outfit, and your Pokémon will dance, making for an altogether different experience from their usual battles of strength.

Up to four people can participate together, so you can show off your best performance with your friends to really wow the crowd!

p16_01.jpg

Super Contest Shows are divided into five categories—Coolness, Cuteness, Beauty, Toughness, and Cleverness. Within each category, there are several ranks: Normal, Great, Ultra, and Master Rank.

Super Contest Shows are judged based on a Visual Evaluation, a Dance Evaluation, and a Move Evaluation. You can receive Hype Points based on your evaluations, and if the combined total of all four performers’ Hype Points reaches a target score, the show will be declared a success.

p16_05.jpg

Visual Evaluation
This evaluation is based on Pokémon’s conditions, such as Coolness or Beauty, as well as the effects of their Capsule Decoration.

p17_03.jpg

Dance Evaluation
After the Visual Evaluation, the Pokémon will next be judged on their rhythm. If you are able to match the rhythm of the notes that flow along with the music, you can get Hype Points.

p17_05.jpg

Move Evaluation
This evaluation is based on a Contest Move that each Pokémon can use just once during the Dance Evaluation. When a Pokémon uses a Contest Move, it can please the crowd and earn Hype Points. Also, if you time your Contest Move along with the other performers, you can create a Move Chain, which earns more Hype Points.

BD/SP Updated Feature - Capsule Decoration

Spoiler

p18_02.jpg

Using Capsule Decoration, you can place Stickers to customize the effects that appear when your Pokémon comes out of its Poké Ball for battles or Super Contest Shows. With over 90 different Stickers, you can customize your Ball Capsules with effects like fluttering flower petals or raging flames.

You can buy Stickers in shops, but you can also get them in other ways, such as by defeating Gym Leaders or completing successful Super Contest Shows.

p18_03.jpg

You can place up to 20 Stickers on a Ball Capsule, so it’s possible to customize the Ball Capsule with some really varied combinations.

Ball Capsules can be edited in the casual 2D style of Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl, or in 3D if you’d rather get really detailed with your customizations.

BD/SP New Feature - Following Pokémon

Spoiler

p22_03.jpg

Once you’ve progressed in the game to a certain point, you can choose just one Pokémon that you’ve befriended at a time to walk along behind you. Any Pokémon that appears in these games can walk with you, so choose your favorite to travel with you through the Sinnoh region as you visit lots of places and make memories together.

BD/SP Updated Feature - Union Room

Spoiler

p19_01.jpg

The Union Room is a facility where you can enjoy battling and trading Pokémon with other Trainers through your Nintendo Switch system’s local communication or online communication.

p19_03.jpg

In the Local Room, nearby Trainers can gather using local communication to enjoy trades, battles, and other activities.

p20_02.jpg

Trainers around the world can use online communication to gather in a single room for Pokémon trades, battles, and other activities.

BD/SP New Feature - Trainer Customization

Spoiler

p21_05.jpg

Choose your appearance at the beginning of your adventure.

p21_02.jpg

You’ll be able to buy and change outfits at Metronome Style Shop in Veilstone City.

BD/SP - Manaphy Egg Event

Spoiler

manaphy.jpg

Receive a Manaphy Egg as a special early-purchase bonus for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond or Pokémon Shining Pearl.

You can receive your Egg by choosing Get via Internet from the Mystery Gift function in the game until February 21, 2022. By putting it into your party and carrying it around on your adventure through the Sinnoh region, you’ll be able to hatch the Egg and gain Manaphy as a companion.

An internet connection is required to receive the Manaphy Egg, but a Nintendo Switch Online subscription (paid) is not required.

It takes approximately two hours of play time before you are able to access the Mystery Gift function.

phione.jpg

If you check Manaphy and Ditto into the Pokémon Nursery in the Sinnoh’s Solaceon Town, you’ll find an Egg.

Continue your adventure with that Egg in your party to hatch it, and you’ll get a Phione.

It takes approximately 10 hours of play time before you are able to reach the Pokémon Nursery in Solaceon Town.

Legends: Arceus - Hisui Region Map

Spoiler

story_region_3.jpg

Your adventure is set in the expansive natural majesty of the Hisui region, in an age long ago when it was rare for people and Pokémon to live in close harmony. In time, this land of Hisui will come to be called Sinnoh—a region you may know well.

Mount Coronet rises from the center of the Hisui region, surrounded on all sides by areas with distinct environments. Each area is rich in its own natural features and plays host to different Pokémon ecosystems. One such area is the Obsidian Fieldlands, which is resplendent with gorgeous flowers and verdant vegetation—what’s more, it appears to teem with Pokémon that favor meadows and forests.

Legends: Arceus - Jubilife Village & the Galaxy Expedition Team

Spoiler

story_village_2.jpg

The Hisui region is home to Jubilife Village, the center of operations for the Galaxy Expedition Team—or Galaxy Team for short—people who have come from various regions to study Hisui. The team includes various corps, such as the Medical Corps and the Security Corps, as well as the Survey Corps, which carries out research on how Pokémon live.

story_village_4.jpg

Jubilife Village will serve as the base for your surveying missions.

After receiving an assignment or a request and preparing for your next excursion, you’ll set out from the village to study one of the various areas of the Hisui region. After you finish your survey work, you’ll return once more to prepare for your next task.

Along with the headquarters of the Galaxy Team and your own lodgings, Jubilife Village boasts a range of useful institutions and services—such as the trading post, where you can trade Pokémon with other players.

A paid Nintendo Switch Online membership is required to enjoy certain features.

Legends: Arceus - Akari & Rei

Spoiler

story_character_1.png

As the protagonist of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, you’ll join the Galaxy Team as a member of the Survey Corps. Your goal will be to meet every species of Pokémon from every corner of the Hisui region as you work to complete the land’s first-ever Pokédex.

A Survey Corps member who’s close to your age and has been with the Survey Corps for some time. The appearance you choose at the beginning of the game will determine whether Akari or Rei appears as your fellow team member.

Legends: Arceus - Professor Laventon

Spoiler

story_professor_1.png

As a member of the Galaxy Team’s Survey Corps, Professor Laventon conducts research into Pokémon’s modes of life. He aims to create a complete Pokédex.

Legends: Arceus - Commander Kamado

Spoiler

story_commander_1.png

Commander Kamado, the boss of the Galaxy Team, can be a harsh leader at times, but the team members trust him deeply and know him to be reliable.

Commander Kamado, who appears in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, is an ancestor of Professor Rowan, who appears in Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl.

Legends: Arceus - Captain Cyllene

Spoiler

story_captain_1.png

Captain Cyllene is the leader of the Galaxy Team’s Survey Corps. She is strict both with others and with herself, but she sees your potential and allows you to take a trial to join the Galaxy Team.

Legends: Arceus - Wyrdeer

Spoiler

pokemon_new_w_1.pngpokemon_new_w_2.jpg

Wyrdeer

• Category: Big Horn Pokémon
  • Type: Normal/Psychic
  • Height: 5'11"
  • Weight: 209.7 lbs.
  • Family: Evolves from Stantler

In the Hisui region, Stantler can evolve into Wyrdeer. This Pokémon has been treasured since long ago by the people of this region, for whom it is indispensable. It grows much larger when it evolves, and garments with the fur shed from its beard, tail, and legs are highly prized for their top-notch protection against the cold.

Using the black orbs at the bases of its antlers, this Pokémon generates and unleashes psychic energy powerful enough to distort space. Wyrdeer searches out safe paths by using its antlers like antennae, running at the head of its herd and leading young Stantler.

Legends Arceus - Basculegion

Spoiler

pokemon_new_b_1.pngpokemon_new_b_2.jpg

Basculegion

• Category: Big Fish Pokémon
  • Type: Water/Ghost
  • Weight: 9'10"
  • Height: 242.5lbs.
  • Family: Evolves from Basculin (not sure if form matters at the moment)

Basculin in the Hisui region can evolve into this Pokémon. This Evolution occurs when a Basculin is possessed by the souls of other Basculin from its school that could not withstand the harsh journey upstream. Basculegion fights together with these souls, which attack opponents as if with a will of their own.

The moment this Pokémon senses animosity, it will become enraged and attack relentlessly until the enemy is defeated. This Pokémon gains power from the souls possessing it, letting it swim on and on without tiring.

Legends: Arceus - Hisuian Growlithe

Spoiler

pokemon_regional_g_1.pngpokemon_regional_g_4.jpg

Hisuian Growlithe

• Category: Scout Pokémon
  • Type: Fire/Rock
  • Weight: 2'7"
  • Height: 50 lbs.

This is Growlithe as it appears in the Hisui region. Its Hisuian form has longer, more voluminous fur than the previously discovered form of Growlithe. This soft, heat-retaining fur helps the Pokémon thrive even in the frigid Hisui region. The sharp horn on its head is made of rock, but it breaks easily, so Hisuian Growlithe uses it only when it’ll have the greatest effect.

Hisuian Growlithe are highly vigilant and tend to be seen watching over their territory in pairs. Apparently, they have lived apart from humans for a long time and are unused to being around people. Building trust with a Hisuian Growlithe takes time.

Legends: Arceus - Hisuian Braviary

Spoiler

pokemon_regional_b_1.pngpokemon_regional_b_4.jpg

Hisuian Braivary

• Category: Battle Cry Pokémon
  • Type: Psychic/Flying
  • Height: 5'7"
  • Weight: 95.7 lbs.

When Rufflet in the Hisui region evolve, they become Hisuian Braviary. In the winter, this Pokémon flies in from somewhere farther north. It’s larger than the previously discovered form of Braviary and tends to live alone rather than in flocks.

Hisuian Braviary can imbue its eerie screeches with psychic power to generate powerful shock waves. It then uses its sharp talons to tear at and seize prey weakened by these shock waves. Apparently, it can also use its psychic power to sharpen its sixth sense and enter a trance that boosts its physical abilities.

Legends: Arceus - Pokémon Battles

Spoiler

gameplay_battle_3.jpg

If you throw a Poké Ball containing one of your Pokémon at a wild Pokémon, a battle will begin. You’ll enter battle seamlessly, rather than switching into a battle-specific screen as in previous games in the Pokémon series.

The flow of battle in Pokémon Legends: Arceus works differently than in prior games in the Pokémon series.

In past games, battles have proceeded one turn at a time, with each participating Pokémon typically taking one action per turn. In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Pokémon’s stats and other factors determine how many actions each Pokémon gets to take and in what order.

This can create situations where one Pokémon might get to take multiple turns in a row. You could heal your Pokémon immediately after dishing out an attack or throw yourself all-in with a no-holds-barred flurry of attacks.

Legends: Arceus - Agile Style & Strong Style

Spoiler

Pokémon can remember four moves at a time to use in battle. In this game, the moves your Pokémon can use can also be unleashed in two new ways: Agile Style and Strong Style. Use these different styles skillfully to gain the upper hand in battle!

gameplay_battle_10.jpg

Using a move in the Agile Style raises the user’s action speed, which may make the user’s next turn come sooner, but lowers the move’s power.

gameplay_battle_12.jpg

Using a move in the Strong Style raises the move’s power but your Pokemon's action speed will be lowered.

Legends: Arceus - Hisui Pokédex

Spoiler

gameplay_pokedex_1.jpg

You add information to your Pokédex by catching Pokémon. But catching a Pokémon once won’t be enough to complete its Pokédex entry!

You’ll need to keep studying that Pokémon and complete research tasks to increase your research progress on it and flesh out its Pokédex entry.

Completing these research tasks will also contribute to your work with the Galaxy Expedition Team and raise your rank as a team member, granting you access to new areas.

gameplay_pokedex_3.jpg

Legends: Arceus - Base Camps

Spoiler

gameplay_camp_1.jpg

Whenever you leave Jubilife Village to set out on an excursion, your first stop will be one of the Base camps that will serve as a handy outpost for your work. You can stop by for a rest during an excursion, letting your team of Pokémon recover their health, or you can use a camp’s workbench to craft some items.

You may become unable to go on with your survey if you take too much damage, whether it’s caused by wild Pokémon attacks or falling from high places. If you get into danger, don’t be reckless—use your Base camps to full effect as you carry out your survey work!

Legends: Arceus - Items & Crafting

Spoiler

gameplay_smoke_1.jpg

As you’re exploring, you’ll collect all kinds of materials that you can use for crafting—combining items to make new ones. For example, if you combine an Apricorn and a type of stone called a tumblestone, you’ll be able to craft a regular Poké Ball.

You can craft items using the workbenches found at Base camps and in Jubilife Village.

gameplay_pokeball_1.jpg

The Poké Balls of old were apparently built a little differently from the ones we know so well. They were made mostly of wood, and steam puffed from their tops when Pokémon were caught.

gameplay_smoke_2.jpg

Smoke Bombs - When thrown, these balls create a cloud of smoke that reduces visibility in the area, which will keep wild Pokémon from noticing you. They’ll be a great aid in stealthily approaching Pokémon in areas where there are no rocks or other obstacles to hide behind.

gameplay_heavy_1.jpg

Heavy Balls are a special variety of Poké Balls that are more effective at catching Pokémon that haven’t yet noticed you. They’re heavier than regular Poké Balls, so they don’t fly very far. You’ll want to make sure you sneak close to a Pokémon before using one of these!

Legends: Arceus - Preorder: Hisuian Growlithe Kimono Set

Spoiler

preorder_outfit_1.jpgpreorder_outfit_2.jpg

The Hisuian Growlithe Kimono Set will be gifted to those who preorder Pokémon Legends: Arceus. You can receive it by choosing Get via Internet from the Mystery Gifts feature in your game, up until May 9, 2022. Then you can dress yourself up in this fashionable getup as you enjoy your adventures in the Hisui region!

It takes approximately two hours of play time before the Mystery Gifts feature is unlocked. You will need an internet connection to claim this preorder bonus, but you will not need a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership.

• Thumbs Up 3

I was legitimately really impressed with everything that they showed off today for BDSP and Legends. Don't get me wrong, I still think that BDSP looks kind of hideous, but I've warmed to it on other fronts considerably. Legends though, that really stole the show. The battle and gameplay mechanics sound like they going to be so much fun to get into. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Totally chuffed to see Growlithe get a regional form at last. It's always been one of my favourite Pokémon and ngl, I was disappointed to see regular Growlithe in SwSh so the Hisuian form is welcome even if the typing is absolute ass.

• Thumbs Up 4

My favorite bit was STANTLER AND BASCULIN getting evolutions. Nothing makes me giddier for a new Pokémon game than a random grab bag of past single-stage Pokes getting some regional evo love. Basculegion is also super cool both design and lore-wise coming from something more basic like Basculin.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe it’s already been discussed, but do we know if there’ll be any transferable stuff from Sw/Sh to either of these games? Or will I need something like Pokemon Bank? 

27 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Maybe it’s already been discussed, but do we know if there’ll be any transferable stuff from Sw/Sh to either of these games? Or will I need something like Pokemon Bank? 

Yup, Pokémon Home was mentioned somewhere in the presentation and something about this app function is being implemented for storing / trading Pokémon between these new 2/3 games (and by proxy Sw/Sh) sometime next year. 

I don’t know if that’s a one way deal or not between certain games though. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Blue Blood said:

I was legitimately really impressed with everything that they showed off today for BDSP and Legends. Don't get me wrong, I still think that BDSP looks kind of hideous, but I've warmed to it on other fronts considerably. Legends though, that really stole the show. The battle and gameplay mechanics sound like they going to be so much fun to get into. I'm really looking forward to this one.

Totally chuffed to see Growlithe get a regional form at last. It's always been one of my favourite Pokémon and ngl, I was disappointed to see regular Growlithe in SwSh so the Hisuian form is welcome even if the typing is absolute ass.

Same here. I was actually satisfied....it was weird. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The Diamond and Pearl remakes don't look like they have enough new things to warrant me shelling out $60 for it, but maybe I'll be surprised.

Legends: Arceus looks a lot more intriguing than I initially thought. I'm a sucker for new evolutions and regional variants, so that's probably the highlight for me, but the new gameplay mechanics definitely have me curious.

Oh yeah, the Pokemon Direct happened. It was alright.

- BD/SP still looks, from a visual perspective, really uninspired to me. However I do like the features they're adding into it. Partner Pokemon following you is always a plus in my book, the expansion to the Underground is pretty interesting (though it does make me wonder if this is where they'll be dumping all the Platinum Dex Pokemon) and trainer customisation's nice too, though it's a shame that you seemingly can't mix and match clothing. There's still a few omissions that are preventing me from going "okay, this could be worth a look" but overall my view on the games have mellowed.

- Legends, on the other hand... I dunno, it's still doing nothing for me. The way the game plays does look refreshing, but I'm not really into BOTW-esque games to begin with, so it's hard for me to say if I'd like the new style. Other than that though, it just looks kinda... mediocre imo. Visually it's about on par with Sw/Sh, and performance-wise it looks rather middle-of-the-road too. This is one that I'd really have to see what others think when the game is actually out, because as it stands, I'm just not feeling it.

- Not much to say on the other stuff. I don't play GO, I don't play Unite, and the Masters EX stuff (which I DO play) is cool but nothing eye-catching.

I think BD/SP looks far, far better than the initial reveal; I think I'll be picking up as I completely missed out on Gen 4, and the features they're including look pretty awesome. 

Legends Arceus looks like Pokemon BotW. I'm down.

Either of these look way better to me than Sword/Shield, really. 

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Indigo Rush said:

I think BD/SP looks far, far better than the initial reveal; I think I'll be picking up as I completely missed out on Gen 4, and the features they're including look pretty awesome. 

D/P/Pt is my favourite Pokémon game. Sinnoh is a fantastic region to explore, with lengthy routes, plenty of optional areas to explore and fun dungeons. What's more is that the region is expertly laid out; your path through the region will regularly double back on itself, open up shortcuts or give you clues as to places you might want to return to later. It's like a well designed Metroidvania. Unlike Gen V and Unova which seems to be the internet's darling right now, Sinnoh isn't just a linear ring with a few dead-end paths. And unlike both Alola and Galar, there's actually shit to do. Sinnoh isn't a guided tour. If you missed out on Gen IV originally, I can't stress enough that you need to give this a go.

The only thing that really drags Sinnoh down is the gross overuse of HMs. There's something like 8 of them, so you'll be dedicating as many as two slots in your party to HM slaves. I'm legitimately wondering if they've changed that now, considering how S/M, Let's Go and Sw/Sh all found alternatives to HMs. BDSP look like the most by-numbers remakes that the series has ever seen, sadly. But if they fix the HM issue, they'll be a shoe-in for the definitive traditional Pokémon experience in my books.

• Thumbs Up 5