Awoo.

Does Sonic Really Hate Authority?

Speedi

22 hours ago, The KKM said:

Bringing up him fighting Tails in Archie, if CSS meant to reference House of Cards, feels a weird point to bring up here considering he was fighting Tails in that Tails and family were against the crown. It's one of the most "Archie Sonic isn't actually anti-authoritarian" moments; even if you want to argue the whole setup isn't overall anti-authoritarian (which is arguable in either way- the message is clearly not meant to be authoritarian, it's meant to be "when good king rule it's good", like with One Piece, but the way Penders took it further in Archie did definitely step into outright "no, Sonic wants a dictator in anyway, just has to be the one he grew up with"), that specific moment definitely is.

That was actually my whole point...

Rather, he’s not anti-authority, but not fully on it either.

Ok, I get it now, sorry. Was confused because I don't think I've ever seen the fact he's definitely not anti-authoritarian in House of Cards brought up without it being as a criticism even from fans of the comic.