Awoo.

Are you annoyed with your current online experience?

Solister

If there's anything about the internet that's brought my enjoyment down the past few years, it's the whole cynical, bitter, nihilistic mindset that's basically become the default. The whole "Life is meaningless and I'm depressed so fuck everything" mantra that people seem to go by now. The Internet used to be fun, but it seems like I can't go anywhere without people talking doom and gloom and then distracting themselves by talking about whatever new show or video game or pair of sneakers get popular while making fun of some group of people who aren't them. The internet's full of hatred and bullying and consumerism, and I imagine that you'd have to have that mindset to participate in most of it.

At the risk of sounding insensitive, I don't understand why people continue to stick around if they are really absolutely convinced that life and existence are pointless.