Awoo.

Sonic’s 30th Anniversary Parties?

OwlEyes

Hello All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any celebrations that will be happening in regards to the 30th anniversary of the Sonic Franchise. 

I saw a huge concert type party posted on IG that looked to be in Japan.

if you guys know of anything can you post it here? I personally would die to get an invite to one of the insider parties..... like it would be a dream come true.

My apologies if this topic isn’t in the right spot or appropriate- feel free to lock or let me know. :)

link to clip: 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNNgrLdnIYV/?igshid=vzrf58ln3gau

Nothing’s been confirmed yet but probably not, for obvious reasons. At most there might be a live stream but don’t hold your breath.

P.S. The clip you shared appears to be from the 25th anniversary party.

• Thumbs Up 2

Nothing has been confirmed as of now (there is apparently a concert planned according to one licensing brochure, but with COVID-19, even that is uncertain)  I think it’s safe to say we likely won’t have any major physical events like the 25th anniversary party this year due to the pandemic (It’s possible things could be different by Summer/Fall, but that’s uncertain). If we get anything, it’ll likely be a live stream or something like that like Piko already said, but even that’s hard to say ATM.

• Thumbs Up 1

@TB100 yeah that makes total sense - I’m in Canada and my husband is a physician here and things are looking pretty grave tbh....

I know an Australian licensing magazine also published something about the 30th and since they are covid-free they could potentially host and stream for us.... 🥺 

wishful thinking.

if anyone does hear, keep me posted. 

🥳💙🦔

Whatever happens, I will raise a toast of vodka for our dear hedgehog friend.