Awoo.

Rarest Sonic appearance you have witnessed?

Simasuu

I want to hear what is your personal rarest Sonic appearance you have witnessed.

What do I mean by that? Well something more obscure that is not very related to the main Sonic series. Not saying that it can't be related to Sonic or Sega in general, but something that you have found outside Sonic. You get it? Good.

As an example, I'll start.

When I was 8 years old or something, I visited this huge amusement park in Helsinki, which featured an arcade hall with pinball machiness, rally cabinets etc. Obviously most of them were made by Sega, and they featured this cool logo theme video where a shark was diving in the ocean "jaws" style, with it's fin only visible above water. However, when the "shark" got up from the water, you'd see that this "fin" was only Sonic's spike, and there he was giving a thumbs up to the player with SEGA logo fading in. Cool stuff. Does this mean that Sonic can canonically swim without a lifejacket?

If you happen to know where I could find this shit, I'd love to know. Please post in the thread if you have any idea!

I'm trying to come up with other instances. Please post your original stories if you have any, I don't mind the generally known Sonic weird tales but it's always funnier to hear new personal stories from people themselves.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Fist Bump 1

In Canada during the launch of SK3 there were contests in the mall with stand-up stations. I think it was part of the Alcatraz competition.

Well, my friend had a miniature Sonic themed pinball machine back in the 90's, which is an object I don't think I've ever seen being brought up in online Sonic discussions.

3 hours ago, batson said:

Well, my friend had a miniature Sonic themed pinball machine back in the 90's, which is an object I don't think I've ever seen being brought up in online Sonic discussions.

Would love to see a photo of one.

I've seen some retro electric soundbook from the 90's. Never owned it myself but saw it on Youtube.

And in 2019 I saw some Sonic related merch on a fast food restaurant, now that I think of it.

Today while I was browsing  through my shit I found some Sonic related stuff which I don't think are very popular. Could be that I'm wrong but what the hell.

- A Sonic poster (duh) which I presume dates back to 2013. It was taken from the local children magazine appearing weekly and it's quite minimal: it's basically just Sonic on a blank white background on that Sonic Lost World pose you know, hence why I presume it's dating there.

- McDonalds Happy meal Sonic X merch, except I have no idea if it's official. Actually I dunno how to even describe the thing. It's a dark blue plastic "something", an hollow case about the height of an pencil pen. Featuring Sonic on that Sonic X pose and the text "Sonic X".. Except I see no reference to Sega anywhere on this whole thing. Sure there's an trademark note on the Sonic X logo, but the back text just states copyright for something titled "SONIC Project". This thing dates back to 2006, according to the back, too.

• Thumbs Up 1