Awoo.

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania rated in Australia

Graystripe2000

Given the Mania title, I'm wonder if this is that rumoured remaster of SMB 1 and 2 from awhile ago. Apparently the old announcer of SMB2 was brought in to record lines awhile ago last year, so...

26 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Given the Mania title, I'm wonder if this is that rumoured remaster of SMB 1 and 2 from awhile ago. Apparently the old announcer of SMB2 was brought in to record lines awhile ago last year, so...

No. The rumors said it would be a new game.

1 hour ago, Graystripe2000 said:

No. The rumors said it would be a new game.

From what I remember, it has brand new levels but also contains levels from the first two titles. Don't remember if it was all them or not, but there's both old and new content in this game and apparently the OG announcer is coming back. This could end up being false, but it seems likely this is going to be the same game, just the title changed.

Can't wait for new Monkey Ball.

I hope it's a return to form and that it comes to all platforms day 1.

Would be cool if they somehow implemented some hd rumble feature into the game now that PS5 also has it

1 hour ago, Winston said:

From what I remember, it has brand new levels but also contains levels from the first two titles. Don't remember if it was all them or not, but there's both old and new content in this game and apparently the OG announcer is coming back. This could end up being false, but it seems likely this is going to be the same game, just the title changed.

This was the rumored info I found. 

It mentioned a new character and a new mechanic. 

I love the series, so "Sonic-looking" (even more since its "revamp" in 2006 on Wii in BANANA BLITZ), the gameplay, the characters and its universe!!...
I own all the games but I never managed to finish a game (that's why I still haven't unlocked Classic Sonic in BANANA BLITZ HD)!!...
Of course, I'll buy AiAi's next adventure, and I'd like it to allow the players to jump and fight bosses like in BANANA BLITZ and have a light-hearted Story Mode like in SMB2!!...
The graphics, the sounds and the music are really charming and funny but beware, I think it is the hardest videogame series I've ever played!!...

• 1 month later...

This is totally showing up in the direct tomorrow I betcha. Shame that wouldn't have been where it was revealed, but at least we haven't seen leaked footage yet.

Is there confirmation that it's a remaster or a new game?

Awesome - the originals have always been the best of the series in terms of design, difficulty,  and that sweet arcade feel. 

I don't understand what they mean when they say they are remastering this Trilogy of games though, Monkey Ball Deluxe is just a collection of 1 & 2 combined. Did it have additional features that I cannot remember?   

13 minutes ago, Son-icka said:

Awesome - the originals have always been the best of the series in terms of design, difficulty,  and that sweet arcade feel. 

I don't understand what they mean when they say they are remastering this Trilogy of games though, Monkey Ball Deluxe is just a collection of 1 & 2 combined. Did it have additional features that I cannot remember?   

It had 45 extra levels. That is quite a bit of content. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, VisionaryofSUPER said:

It had 45 extra levels. That is quite a bit of content. 

Ta! Yup, I forgot about that. 

Yes, this is gunna be a big banana of a game indeed! 

A datamine of the game’s website reveals Sonic and Tails as playable characters.  

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2021/06/sonic-and-tails-playable-character-art-discovered-in-super-monkey-ball-banana-mania-website/ 

The site confirms some new features: 

* Story Mode returns

* Co-Op gameplay

* Customization options for both the monkeys and the balls (interestingly, at one point in the trailer, you can see one of the characters jump over a wall. Part of this customization feature, perhaps?)

* Online leaderboards 

https://smb.sega.com/bananamania/lang/en.html

I hope the first game will have a Story Mode!!...
I love the series!!...

It will be such a pleasure to play the first games with AiAi and co's cute look!!...

I was considering finding the GC version since I've never played the games before, but I'll definitely pick this up if it runs good on Switch. Even better that Sonic and Tails are in. I know the Classic style has been overused the past decade, but they fit perfectly here.

So, SMB1 doesn't seem to have a Story Mode added since all achievementsdealing with a Story Mode are levels from SMB2...

As someone who grew up with 1+2 rather than Deluxe, I'm glad the stages have been seperated by game rather than mixing up the music/backgrounds associated with them for me as Deluxe did.  Could've gone either way and I would've respected it, but seperating them will definitely make it nice and nostalgic.

It's also just tidier since I didn't like the inconsistency of how all of SMB2's stages have a starting platform while SMB1's don't.  Having them mishmashed was weird in that way.

By the way, this week was a great week for SEGA and its plateformers : Sonic's 30th birthday of course but it was also SUPER MONKEY BALL's 20th birthday since the original arcade game (simply entitled MONKEY BALL) was released in Japan on 06/23/2001 (the day of Sonic's 10th birthday)... and don't forget the long-awaited return of Alex Kidd with the release of ALEX KIDD IN MIRACLE WORLD DX which is very diffult but beautiful and very fun to play (especially when you play with infinite lives)!!...

So, is there a topic about ALEX KIDD on the forum?!...

E4rAU2WVgAAh7_G?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...