Awoo.

Storyline Questions (Sonic 06)

Shadic15

Hi this is my first post and I have a really complex system of questions which bother me since I've finished playing Sonic Of The Hedgehog 06.

Firstly, I don't understand why Silver was caught in the space-time rift in the last Story. I mean, he's been in his own dimension when Mephiles created that so called space-time rift. Next question, when Sonic and Elise erased Solaris from history by putting out the flames of disaster, time reboots back to the Festival of the Sun, all right... However, since Solaris doesn't exist anymore then what happened to Silver??? Is he also vanished from history, or does he exist in a better looking future... maybe this question transcends a bit the plot of Sonic 06, but it's kinda interesting to think about, isn't it. Next question is about BLAZE. I don't know much about her and about games with her (sonic rush - adventure), I must admit, but according to my research, she is a princess from an alternate dimension. So what the hell is she doing in Silver's carbonized world??? I really don't get that... besides, what did really happen with her after they defeated Iblis in their dimension at the end of Sonic 06 and what did actually happen after the time reboot....???? Next question, why does Sonic seem to remember after they got back in time??? Perhaps there are no answers to these questions at all, but I'd really like to see what you think is a possible explanation.

Silver apparently continued to exist in the future, and fight Eggman Nega instead of Ilbis.

As for Blaze...I'd like to think that her origin in Rush is a result of her being reincarnated in some fashion after the events of 06 were retconned. There isn't any evidence to suggest this in canon however, so for now it remains a gaping plothole.

Hi. I'm Jack, the Sonic Professor, allow me to answer your questions as I blow your socks off.

I don't understand why Silver was caught in the space-time rift in the last Story. I mean, he's been in his own dimension when Mephiles created that so called space-time rift.

Well it was a space-time rift, and I'd assume that Mephilis was collecting all the people who pissed him off.

Next question, when Sonic and Elise erased Solaris from history by putting out the flames of disaster, time reboots back to the Festival of the Sun, all right... However, since Solaris doesn't exist anymore then what happened to Silver??? Is he also vanished from history, or does he exist in a better looking future... maybe this question transcends a bit the plot of Sonic 06, but it's kinda interesting to think about, isn't it.

Presumably, Silver now exists in a future that has not been destroyed by Iblis, but every time Silver shows up the future is doomed by somthing else any way.

Next question is about BLAZE. I don't know much about her and about games with her (sonic rush - adventure), I must admit, but according to my research, she is a princess from an alternate dimension. So what the hell is she doing in Silver's carbonized world???

No one really knows, my theory is that at the end of Sonic Rush when Blaze "goes home" she actually ends up in Silver's time period.

what did really happen with her after they defeated Iblis in their dimension at the end of Sonic 06

Once again, there is no official answer but I believe that at the end of of '06 Blaze used the power of Iblis to send herself back home, in time for Rush Adventure.

what did actually happen after the time reboot

After the reboot, the Duke failed in his experiment to create a weapon based on Solaris, and never sealed it inside Elise and Eggman never came after her.

why does Sonic seem to remember after they got back in time

I think it is like in Doctor Who; if you personally change time you still remember the previous time.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Firstly, I don't understand why Silver was caught in the space-time rift in the last Story.

Space-time rift. Everything is distorted. The bigger question is how did everyone end up in the same spot?

Next question, when Sonic and Elise erased Solaris from history by putting out the flames of disaster, time reboots back to the Festival of the Sun, all right... However, since Solaris doesn't exist anymore then what happened to Silver??? Is he also vanished from history, or does he exist in a better looking future... maybe this question transcends a bit the plot of Sonic 06, but it's kinda interesting to think about, isn't it.

We would assume that Silver lives in a happy future. Eggman doesn't crash the party and Iblis is never released.

Next question is about BLAZE. I don't know much about her and about games with her (sonic rush - adventure), I must admit, but according to my research, she is a princess from an alternate dimension. So what the hell is she doing in Silver's carbonized world??? I really don't get that...

Nobody does to be honest. It's a massive plothole waiting to be solved. In Rush and Rush Adventure she's a princess form an alternate world like you said, and she guards the Sol Emeralds. Nega also comes from this different dimension. But then in Rivals and Rivals 2 there's no mention of Blaze. But Silver lives in the future, and is fighting Eggman Nega who has his story retconned. Rather than being Eggmans counterpart he's his descendant and enemy. It makes no sense.

Next question, why does Sonic seem to remember after they got back in time??? Perhaps there are no answers to these questions at all, but I'd really like to see what you think is a possible explanation.

Why does Sonic seem to remember what?

Oh thank you both.

That's kinda interesting, but still... when Silver got caught in the space time rift together with all the other, could it be that when Solaris was defeated and time was rebooted, he wasn't sent send back to a "future". .... I mean, all the others got back in their normal time, but Silver couldn't get back to his period of time as it did not exist anymore. So my theory may be that Silver was forced to return to Sonic's time and stay there...

Space-time rift. Everything is distorted. The bigger question is how did everyone end up in the same spot?

We would assume that Silver lives in a happy future. Eggman doesn't crash the party and Iblis is never released.

Nobody does to be honest. It's a massive plothole waiting to be solved. In Rush and Rush Adventure she's a princess form an alternate world like you said, and she guards the Sol Emeralds. Nega also comes from this different dimension. But then in Rivals and Rivals 2 there's no mention of Blaze. But Silver lives in the future, and is fighting Eggman Nega who has his story retconned. Rather than being Eggmans counterpart he's his descendant and enemy. It makes no sense.

Why does Sonic seem to remember what?

Sorry, after time was rebooted, Sonic seems to still remember all events of Elise, Solaris, Mephiles etc....( unlike Elise )... although all his memories should be vanished.

why does Sonic seem to remember after they got back in time???

I think thats just the 'magic' of the story if you know what i mean, theres no real reason why sonic still remembered elise because theres not supposed to be a reason he just can.

That isn't the case, as the next time we see Silver he has come from the future again.

That isn't the case, as the next time we see Silver he has come from the future again.

Yes, he does. However, couldn't that be another Silver coming from the future. That would mean that there are now two SILVERS!!!

-.- you're right, this theory is a bit far-out.

I see where you are coming from, but I think it just over complicates things.

Firstly, I don't understand why Silver was caught in the space-time rift in the last Story.
There's no real reason for anyone being there or not being there. The writers needed a way to get all the important characters in the same place, so they just say something about "space-time rift blah blah blah everyone's here now".

Next question is about BLAZE.
Others have already explained most of this, but it's worth noting: Every game since then that involves Blaze has referred to her as a princess from another dimension, so it's safe to assume that much is true.

besides, what did really happen with her after they defeated Iblis in their dimension at the end of Sonic 06
This is just my theory, but I believe she died. She sacrificed her life to seal Iblis in a place where it can't harm anyone ever again. Unfortunately it ends up being pointless as Iblis is eventually destroyed in the past anyway...

Next question, why does Sonic seem to remember after they got back in time???
He doesn't. Silver returns in Sonic Rivals, but no one in Sonic's time remembers him, Sonic included. Anything that hints that he does remember is just to make it more of a happy ending.

What you should remember here is that time travel doesn't erase memories, it erases events. Sonic doesn't remember Elise or Silver or Iblis at the end of '06 because he never met them.

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Lightspeed Jack is our winner.

Let me throw a new question into the mix: In the Last Story, Mephiles performs a one-hit kill on Sonic. Why then, did he bother recruiting Silver and Blaze as his hedgehog-slayers if he could have done the job himself?

Let me throw a new question into the mix: In the Last Story, Mephiles performs a one-hit kill on Sonic. Why then, did he bother recruiting Silver and Blaze as his hedgehog-slayers if he could have done the job himself?
Well, his goal wasn't to kill Sonic, but to get Elise to cry and thus release Iblis. To get her to cry over Sonic's death, there had to be a very strong bond between the two, and few things bond two people like almost dying several times. Silver was useful not because he could kill Sonic, but because he couldn't; strong enough to put up a fight, dedicated enough to start that fight, but too good a guy to actually kill him.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I never thought about it that way, but there's some very consistent logic in your explanation, Diogenes.

My personal theory was that Mephiles initially lacked the power to kill anyone. He begins the game as a formless cloud of gas, and needs to consume energy - in this case, Shadow's (err) shadow - in order to assume a solid form. He then becomes capable of time travel, but even that leaves his batteries drained. Somewhere in the ruined future he finds the purple chaos emerald but, still unsure of his capabilities, he decides it's safer to have others do his dirty work; hence, recruiting Silver, Blaze and, later on, trying the same with Shadow. It's not until he's laped up energy from the purple, yellow and green chaos emeralds in the Dusty Desert ruins that he can pull of his greatest techniques (shadow giants, multiplying his body) and feels confident enough to go ahead and shoot Sonic.

When Mephiles changes into his crystaline form, you could argue that it's because he's powering up into "Super Saiyan" from, but perhaps this is his body deteriorating from the stress of wielding too much energy (he does lose his legs and nose in the process and starts "leaking" gas).

The answer might be implicit in the cutscene where we actually see Mephiles re-fuse with Iblis. He's quite obviously using all seven Chaos Emeralds to facilitate the recombination into Solaris (see

). Shadow outright states (in the cutscene before Desert Ruins) that Mephiles will need at least one of the gems to fuse; but either out of necessity or insurance, he ends up using them all.

As such, from Mephiles' perspective there's no point in releasing Iblis (and thus killing Sonic) until he's verified that Emeralds are around and suitable for his purposes - that's why he goes to the Dusty Desert temple. You'll note that once he has had a good look at the Emerald (and fights his way past Shadow on the way out), the very next place Mephiles goes is straight through Sonic's ribcage.

EDIT: Though I should add my all-purpose disclaimer where it comes to Mephiles (and the other deities, for that matter): one does not fathom the mind of God. Mephiles is half of a wacky creature from the n-th dimension, and he's been in solitary confinment inside a fancy paperweight for a decade. Even if he was still "sane", his mind will be configured in ways that just don't make any sense to us mere mortals... so expecting his plans to follow a comprehensible, logical chain of reasoning is a bit unreasonable.

Edited by Frozen Nitrogen