Awoo.

Resistance 3

Badnik Mechanic

This is a bit of an odd one.

So in 2011, theres a movie coming out called Battle, about an alien invasion set in LA... yawn... Now spotted near to the studios thats making the film, and near to where some of the filming for this movie is taking place, this was found...

img0063bb.jpg

img0064no.jpg

Now... because the movie is due out in 2011 and is set during the year 2011, there is utterly no point in placing adverts in the scenery for items that are out today... But if Resistance 3 is being worked on and has a deadline already... 2011 wouldn't be that far from the expected release, especially given the development time for Resistance 2.

So what does this image tell us... well, urm... it's Resistance 3, and it's probably set in New York! ...Oh goody... another alien invasion in America... can't we go back to the UK? Or hell even take the fight to Russia!

So that leaves us one question... are these photos real or fake?

There is something about them that doesn't look quite right, not talking about the actual construction of the board, but the advert itself doesn't look 'right.'

Well photoshop or not, we know Resistance 3 is coming, only if this is right it looks like we may get it in 2011.

Original source here

Edited by Gnasher

Holy shit, $2.96 a gallon? Fuck that, I'll keep $2.15 XD.

Anyway, I keep noticing an overly black bar under the word "Resistance" so I don't know if its real or not.

But at any rate, I hated the first Resistance with a passion, so I care little to none :D. Funny place to put an advert though.

I noticed that bar too, it's on both pictures, but it is one of the things that makes me think that theres something going on here with this image. Either that or the billboard isn't finished yet...

It's interesting to say the least.

I personally wouldn't mind a return to Europe either, but New York seems like a cool setting for the next Resistance game.

Edited by Chooch

That billboard looks very hastily erected, so it could be a stunt pulled by anyone with the money and contacts to do it; fakers or a real ad company hired by Insomniac/Sony.

Holy shit, $2.96 a gallon? Fuck that, I'll keep $2.15 XD.

Anyway, I keep noticing an overly black bar under the word "Resistance" so I don't know if its real or not.

But at any rate, I hated the first Resistance with a passion, so I care little to none :D. Funny place to put an advert though.

Resistance 2 >>>>>> Resistance 1, trust me.

If Resistance 3 is really coming out, I'm getting it right away. I love Resistance 2, and it's my favorite online game for PS3. Hell, I mainly play it JUST for the online. :P

• 10 months later...

As of 5 min ago.... It's real.

Just confirmed at Sonys Gamescom 2010 conference.

phpDhK1yJIMG_4859.jpg

No video yet since there was no live stream, but it will be online VERY soon by the looks of it, theres no way they can keep this off the web for long.

Nice. As long as they keep in some co-op functionality, than they cant go wrong.

• 1 month later...

Hmm... I can only see 1 pic Pat.

Until you get that sorted out, you can check out all the photos here. They are pretty impressive, and show off some new Hybrid faces (not sure if they are new, or just re-imagined though).

Edit

I think there are a few more in this batch than some of the previous ones.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New screens, concept art and PS3 theme

Resistance3_Concept_4.jpg

http://www.insomniacgames.com/games/resistance/#screenshots

http://www.insomniacgames.com/games/resistance/#conceptart

(via DualShockers)

You can grab the theme here:

http://www.insomniacgames.com/assets/images/facebook/R3FacebookExclusiveTheme.html

Is it me, or does this guy...

Resistance3_Concept_3.jpg

...look like Roy from The IT Crowd?

it_crowd_roy_1.jpg

I don't know how to put GameTrailers videos in my posts like I do YouTube videos, but here's the latest and greatest Resistance 3 trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/708333.html

I like the trailer, it looks like it's going to be a lot better than Resistance 2 was, the animations and effects on display in the gameplay sections of the trailer are simply wonderful to behold, but I do wish they'd picked a more exciting, colourful section to trail.

Drake isn't the only one with something to show off this month...

5266007981_f71d11d5f0.jpg

5266615226_9a34565c0d.jpg

5266008123_451b3b5933_z.jpg

5266008633_eedf84f704_z.jpg

5266007873_fb15a14cf3_z.jpg

5266008251_fe49fb7de4_z.jpg

Notice the ice in that last one, in Resistance 1, London was frozen over, a sign that the Chimera had conquered and completed their transformation of the environment.

Also the PS Blog has a new Trailer, it doesn't show any new gameplay, but more of those live action sequences and a bit of information we didn't know before... Every live action sequence, represents an actual in game moment, so yes my friends... the sledgehammer is in the game!

Oh and also... the trailer has the release date.

so yes my friends... the sledgehammer is in the game!

I always get a sick, twisted thrill out of pile driving some poor things head into the pavement via sledgehammer. I can only imagine the set-pieces they are gonna build around it... aside form the one they showed already of course.

I hate the fog...

The screens that I've seen aren't that interesting to me. But if Resistance 2 is anything to go by, this game is going to be scary and exciting as shit! I still remember how shocked I was when I got 1 shot by the chameleon and the swarm of grims closing in on the movie theater. I wonder what kind of scenarios will be in this one. Damn I need to get my PS3 fixed :/

• 1 month later...

New gameplay trailer

Sony's released a lovely new gameplay trailer for Resistance 3, giving you a short but exciting look at the chaos the Chimera will be causing in the upcoming shooter.

The trailer comes after an Insomniac press event in London at which it showed off its latest work with the shooter.

"The Resistance 3 demo takes place in Haven, Oklahoma. Our new hero, former Sentinel Joseph Capelli, has taken up arms with his fellow Haven citizens to defend the town from Chimeran forces," says Insomniac of the demo version it showed to press.

"The fighters are trying to buy enough time for an evacuation of Haven, as a Chimeran terraformer is closing on the city and threatens to wipe it off the map. As the battle wages on and the terraformer nears, you see the wind begin to pick up... and then the Chimeran Brawler arrives to turn the tide of the battle." And that's what you see in the trailer below.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/286624/news/resistance-3-gameplay-video-is-chaos/

Here's the level from the Experience trailer, without the regular trailery interruptions:

There's something about the Resistance games that I don't like one bit (I think it's the gameplay, it feels strange, wrong somehow, and it always feels exactly the same), but at the same time I've enjoyed them more than enough to want to see how it all ends.

That section looks okay I guess, but I can see myself getting a headache playing it. The lighting and atmosphere are excellent, but the gunplay looks like a cut and paste from every other Resistance series battlefield.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Two bits of news.

Get yourself cast as a survivor in Resistance 3.

Currently theres a competition going on and the prize is to appear as a character in the new game, what you have to do is send in an image of you in "the middle of a Resistance-style battle," or looking as survivor-y as possible, if you win, you'll get scanned and digitised and end up in the game.

I wonder if you'll get killed?

Well anyway. Other bit of news... 5 min of multiplayer gameplay.

As much as I love the resistance series. That multiplayer doesn't look all that great. I can see what they're trying to do, make it more personal and compact, much like the old 8 vs 8 games in Resistance 2. But... it also looks like a bit step back.

Since Resistance 2's 64 player chaos which was... fun... for a while. Before every game ended up being "Everyone run down this street... ARGH!!! WE ALL DIED! QUICK! Run down this street! ARGH!!! WE ALL DIED!" We've had MAG with it's hundred strong armies and objective system which is fantastic. COD's multiplayer system was great, now it's used in just about everything so you almost know what you're getting before it's even out.

So despite really wanting Resistance 3, that multiplayer doesn't look great. I hope that we'll get some co-op modes again, as Resistance 2's co-op mode was very fun even though it was very simple.

Jesus.

Cloaking + Bullseye = 1 man army.

Still, I've had fun with the Resistance series, so I'll wait till I actually get my hands on it before I get antsy.

• 4 weeks later...