Awoo.

I'm Making Mini Sculptures Now!

Cuz

Okay, these are looking pretty presentable now. 

Gonna go ahead and spin this into it's own topic since they're far removed from my traditional art.

Anyone familiar with Heroclix, or Warhammer? (I'm only familiar with former honestly. ^^;), 

Miniature tabletop gaming?

I casually fall in and out of Heroclix, which is a tabletop wargame that, at least to me, seems more approachable then Warhammer. It's kind of like chess with the flexibility of trading card games. It's Mostly kept alive with waves of Marvel and DC characters, though it has crossed over to other series every now and again.

Anyways, one of my pipe dreams was to make custom units of series that'll probably never see their way into the game. (Though I don't know, they throw some good curveballs like Street Fighter, Yu-gi-oh, and TMNT). Well that's looking less and less like a pipe dream now. :D 

Have at look at some miniature Sonic sculptures I'm working on. These are sculpted from scratch, and I just hand painted them. Still have a few details I want to add paint wise, namely shading effects. You may notice Bunnie's limbs are black, and Nicole just has a primer layer and splotches. Those are some of the details I plan to get to. Oh and the eyes are kind of hit, or miss.

92375853_CustomHeroclixFreedomFighterWave101.thumb.jpg.b7035f2eaa6fe688517c21188b938b56.jpg

166278972_CustomHeroclixFreedomFighterWave102.jpg.f2118007f2ca6ac57202a0bca4da5636.jpg

441523536_CustomHeroclixFreedomFighterWave103.thumb.jpg.b4ca1ab444d3af454235a613fa322cba.jpg

2113079472_CustomHeroclixFreedomFighterWave107.thumb.jpg.00f7f8e41b95febb17d01cbd4cc87833.jpg

Before paint:

HeroClix_StH001a.thumb.jpg.4f29e02350d3874f86fd2e38e44f3b9d.jpg

Yes, the plan is to will figures of the core Freedom Fighters into existence; (that includes Sonic and Tails), and I'll branch off from there. Probably doing the core game cast next. So, if your not into the FF, don't worry! I'll cover the usual suspects ere long.  

Though they're not on Clix bases, I am also thinking up Clix dials for them to use in home games. :)  

What do you think? I know Sally's kind of not up to scale with the others, but this could of gone so much worse then it did. Do you have any experience with Warhammer and such tabletop games? 

I've wanted to do something like this for so long, but I was always searching for information in the wrong places. I learned about heavier duty sculptures instead, and didn't even realize "miniatures" was the word for this scale sculpture until recently. Once I did it all clicked into place. 

• Thumbs Up 2